News Cross Ricky Stuart rumour off

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Raiders coach Ricky Stuart had moved to clarify speculation linking him with a move to the Tigers or Bulldogs as he enters the final year of his Canberra contract in 2023.

Stuart was linked to a potential move to the vacant Bulldogs and Tigers posts, but revealed to The Daily Telegraph he can’t see himself coaching against Canberra.

“I have no interest in coaching anywhere else,” Stuart told The Daily Telegraph.

“I started at the Raiders as a player and I’ll finish here as a coach.”

With his contract in the nation’s capital set to expire at the end of next season, the talk about

Stuart revealed he will speak to senior figures at Canberra when the time comes to discussing his future beyond 2023.

“There are some important people at this club I’ll be speaking to first,” Stuart said.

“We’ll have a chat and take it from there. There’s only one thing I’m certain of and that is that I’ll never again coach against the Raiders. I just don’t want to do it.”

The 55-year-old has coached 245 wins from 484 games for the Roosters, Sharks, Eels and Raiders for a win percentage of 50.6 and won a premiership with the Roosters in 2002 and too the Raiders to a grand final in 2019.

Stuart also coached the in nine Origins from 2005 to 2012 and the Kangaroos in 14 Tests from 2006 to 2008.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I put a comment about this in another thread about 2 weeks ago. It was reported that Canterbury approached Ricky to see if he wanted the job & Ricky is alleged to have said he is a Raider now. Old news re-hashed, typical DT.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stuart was linked to a potential move to the vacant Bulldogs and Tigers posts, but revealed to The Daily Telegraph he can’t see himself coaching against Canberra.
That's the weeks he has 'covid'. Just putting it out there. lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders coach Ricky Stuart had moved to clarify speculation linking him with a move to the Tigers or Bulldogs as he enters the final year of his Canberra contract in 2023.

“I have no interest in coaching anywhere else,” Stuart told The Daily Telegraph.

With his contract in the nation’s capital set to expire at the end of next season, the talk about

Stuart revealed he will speak to senior figures at Canberra when the time comes to discussing his future beyond 2023.

“There are some important people at this club I’ll be speaking to first,” Stuart said.

“We’ll have a chat and take it from there. There’s only one thing I’m certain of and that is that I’ll never again coach against the Raiders. I just don’t want to do it.”

The 55-year-old has coached 245 wins from 484 games for the Roosters, Sharks, Eels and Raiders for a win percentage of 50.6 and won a premiership with the Roosters in 2002 and too the Raiders to a grand final in 2019.

Stuart also coached the in nine Origins from 2005 to 2012 and the Kangaroos in 14 Tests from 2006 to 2008.
Thank f..k for that

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Old news.
Ricky squashed this idea ages ago.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its was barely even a rumour. More a suggestion by 1 person lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well, he would have been better than all the other options eho have been floated around, but Potter is still my first choice, so no great loss.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I say less than 50% chance Ricky goes again with Canberra anyway.
He has been doing this for a long time and the Raiders probably need a new set of eyes and fresh ideas.
If they get back to top 4 next season, it could be different.

I would say this about Ricky, yes he's annoying as a coach of an opposition team, too intense. But on a personal level he is a champion bloke.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's not enough of this, where players/coaches wear their heart on their sleeve and define clearly who they want to coach.

Some are in it for the coin, and some are in for the passion. I'd give strong consideration to *any* player or coach who expressed a strong desire to wanting to be in Belmore.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ricky is coming to the end of his coaching career.