Cronulla Sharks set to throw veteran Bulldog NRL lifeline

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually thought he'd be a good fit for the Warriors. Would bring some consistency and experience up the middle for them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually thought he'd be a good fit for the Warriors. Would bring some consistency and experience up the middle for them.
They've already bought 3 props for next season. AFB, BMM and Evans.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was always good in defence but stifled attacks but then again we had no real attacking play... I think it's unfair to blame Tolman for our lacklustre games. He'd still be pretty useful and still young enough to play for next 5 years

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him if someone offers him a contract & can see some benefit in having him. He is a workhorse player & maybe it will work better for him at Cronulla.

Yeah we got frustrated at him because he would get in the way of our attack, but that was because of his desire to do what he could to get the club over the line. If more of our players had that desire then they would have been there & not him. Fancy a prop forward being there to back up after a long break & backs are 50 & 60 metres in the back play.

I wish him all the best. The only surprise is that he didn't end up being signed by the whistler.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tolman, Woods and Fifita haha plodder central... Feel sorry for Hamlin Uele as he's going to have to carry them with his hard carries.

Personally I think Aiden should have tried to tee up getting a gig at Warriors. His work ethic would work well there as big boppers like AFB and BMM can bend the line and Tolmans weakness is negated to a large extent

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Always though he was severely under rated by some fans, he was our hardest working player and busted his gut for us most weeks. Its not his fault he was taking the ball up too much, maybe if we had more players as eagerly looking for work it wouldnt have happened. Maybe if our rubbish dummy halves stopped passing it to him all the time as they lacked imagination, it would have helped.

Nothing wrong with having a hard working no frills player in the pack, as long as you have some more creative players with offloads as well. You wouldn't want a full pack of Tolmans. I think hes been a bit of a scapegoat in recent years when the true problem we have had is reserve grade level halves and hooker. Only good player we had in those positions only played half the time. There is the real issue.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We said the same thing about Ennis. Next minute..... Premiership ring.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was the last long term Bulldog to retire as a Bulldog? Andrew Ryan?