News Cronulla Sharks move on veterans

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That would be much like freeing yourself from that stone around your neck. Let's hope that we do not entertain having any of them at our club. At least we know how they are affording Hynes and McInnes plus whoever else they are going to nab and resign the better of their off contract players.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on them for calling out the ones not being retained it's fair on the players involved..maybe we should do the same, though we may have done it privately.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shaun's ability to contorl the game as a halfback has grown leaps and bounds, similar to the transformation that Benji made. He's a genuine 7. I'd take him at the dogs for 2 years, 500K a year. The combination between him and Burton could be deadly.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
think we have bigger fish to fry first Red..9 and forwards, see whats left in the kitty after those sort of acquisitions.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the Sharks seem to think that Matt Moylan is better in the halves than Shaun Johnson.

Dugan is well past it and broken and Woods is just an A Grade Plodder so those 2 are rational decisions.
Moylan's been the better half of the two this year and has done more than a job at five-eighth for the Sharks (their most creative half by far). Moylan wasn't in the team when their season started to de-rail (injured or something like that, I believe that + sacking of coach contributed the most). Moylan's the better player easily going off this year but he isn't a halfback which is what you need next to Hynes, Johnson's more suited at halfback compared to Moylan but he's also underwhelming and they do need better.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on them for calling out the ones not being retained it's fair on the players involved..maybe we should do the same, though we may have done it privately.
I believe that is the case talking to someone in the know. Those who are on their way out already know...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the Sharks seem to think that Matt Moylan is better in the halves than Shaun Johnson.

Dugan is well past it and broken and Woods is just an A Grade Plodder so those 2 are rational decisions.
I always cheered when Dugan played against us because he was always a liability for the side he was playing for that is.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t go anywhere near Sharon or Dugan, and depending on what SJ was asking for might be good for Avo/Flanno in the long run. But still keen on Burton and Avo in 22.
The experience though would be priceless.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's assuming anyone takes these guys off their hands. Someone will sign Johnson, even if he only plays 20% of the time. But no one will take Dugan or Woods unless Cronulla pay most of their deals.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SJ at the right price is a much much better than what we have and would play a decent five eight role to burton. At the right price and with a decent hooker and prop we would be a top 8 team for sure!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's assuming anyone takes these guys off their hands. Someone will sign Johnson, even if he only plays 20% of the time. But no one will take Dugan or Woods unless Cronulla pay most of their deals.
That was going to be my question, do they still have time left on their deals with cronulla?

If they do I don't see anyone wanting to sign Dugan or Woods so won't their cap be fucked?