Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Cronulla may not be able to create salary cap room for Jesse Ramien as rival clubs circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be good but if you’re not serious you don’t bid as you risk alienating the players agents who will just refuse to deal with you in future
Youd make it pretty clear first to accept

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Youd make it pretty clear first to accept
That could work. Especially if they had the same manager. They all know what we are looking for, hence all the regular “discussions” that some view as failed signings

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ramien just said it's down to us and sharks on NITV still

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ramien just said it's down to us and sharks on NITV still
Really? I thought he said No and we moved on? I hope we have offered a reduced contract if that's the case, the only way he is coming to us is if the Sharks can't make the Cap. Surely that leaves us in power???

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ramien for 500k is still a good buy. We don't need to reduce or up anything. Just stick to our guns unless it's the best players in said position or you're buying on potential (Ramien isn't in that category). The hardest part is getting players to come to our club over other clubs. Once they're here I think they'll be happy with their decision (we also have 1 of the best leadership groups so I'm not to fussed about a players reputation, I think the leadership group and coaching staff can sort them out). We really shouldn't be upset that Ramien wants to play with the Sharks over us, it's literally the same for every player unless we offer a better opportunity (starting or bench position) or more money.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So that means in English that he’s waiting for the sharks to make room for him and if not then hell come to us fuck him i say

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ramien for 500k is still a good buy. We don't need to reduce or up anything. Just stick to our guns unless it's the best players in said position or you're buying on potential (Ramien isn't in that category). The hardest part is getting players to come to our club over other clubs. Once they're here I think they'll be happy with their decision (we also have 1 of the best leadership groups so I'm not to fussed about a players reputation, I think the leadership group and coaching staff can sort them out). We really shouldn't be upset that Ramien wants to play with the Sharks over us, it's literally the same for every player unless we offer a better opportunity (starting or bench position) or more money.
Disagree, he doesn't want to be at the dogs, he wants the sharks but are keeping us as a last option so he doesn't end up with no club for next year. He will give us the flick contract or not as soon as the sharks are cheating or under the cap again. 500k for him is ridiculous especially when it's a 2 horse race and one can't pay the freight. I would treat it as a 1 year signing and offer him unders for fukin us around, if he doesn't like it he can go to England! The entitled **** can fuk himself!!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Disagree, he doesn't want to be at the dogs, he wants the sharks but are keeping us as a last option so he doesn't end up with no club for next year. He will give us the flick contract or not as soon as the sharks are cheating or under the cap again. 500k for him is ridiculous especially when it's a 2 horse race and one can't pay the freight. I would treat it as a 1 year signing and offer him unders for fukin us around, if he doesn't like it he can go to England! The entitled **** can fuk himself!!!!
Ohh and I would give him a deadline to make the call!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Imagine getting an upgrade after playing like a complete bum for a whole season, fuck that. He isn't even what we need imo, much rather a more elusive outside back with pace and footwork rather than a bash and barge type.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Imagine getting an upgrade after playing like a complete bum for a whole season, fuck that. He isn't even what we need imo, much rather a more elusive outside back with pace and footwork rather than a bash and barge type.
I can see we need a centre but letting this drip get one over us when he is in no position to would just be insulting and dumb! Exactly, why reward him I would rather we not have him then let him have a win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can see we need a centre but letting this drip get one over us when he is in no position to would just be insulting and dumb! Exactly, why reward him I would rather we not have him then let him have a win.
Yh we need a centre but unfortunately we've pretty much missed out on everyone. I'd be keen to throw Averillo straight in to start the year, honestly looked better than Harper in his few CC games and I feel getting him into FG asap would be best for him and us. Some halves have previously started their NRL careers in the centres instead of being stuck in reserves behind other players.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the guy has had issues but at the end of the day we need someone to fill that position
The team was building nicely in the later part of the season with the addition of DWZ
We have to trust our management with this deal
If the sharks fail, perhaps our offer will be low and Ramien will be desperate
Why not get this guy on the cheap & short term
Might turn out ok in the long term

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Dumb ***** already fucked himself declaring he wants to play for cronulla. Theyl offer him less

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes over rated even monty schooled him this year

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read that souths are going hard for xerri so Cronulla can fit on ramien..
Why aren't the dogs going hard for xerri that is who we need a left centre

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been saying for ages we should be going hard for xerri
We probably are. Thing is, he’s on a rookie contract so it doesn’t effect Ramiro (if we are to believe the general story). They need to release a high caliber player. Even Jmoz won’t free up enough apparently.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We probably are. Thing is, he’s on a rookie contract so it doesn’t effect Ramiro (if we are to believe the general story). They need to release a high caliber player. Even Jmoz won’t free up enough apparently.
Didn’t they upgrade him when he started playing well?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d love Xerri. He’s under contract until the end of 2021 so the sharks would have to release him which they would be stupid to do. It depends how desperate they get to release players and are no doubt trying to release the players on large contracts first

Status
Not open for further replies.