Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Cronulla may not be able to create salary cap room for Jesse Ramien as rival clubs circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol now the sharks have a salary cap problem ?
What about the last five years they’ve been over the cap and the NRL hasn’t done shit.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope no-one picks up any of their players and they get deducted points for the start of season 2020 and Ramien gets paid low money due to no clubs having room left in their cap.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kid wants to play for Cronulla, I’d be worried about his commitment to the club and players long term. at best I’d offer a low ball 12mth contract. He fills a gap for us for 12mths and If it works out for both parties he might stick around, if not then he moves back to Cronulla and we have a chance to look at centres up for grabs in 2021 like Latrell, Manu and Staggs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People asking about sj get off the drugs he has been garbage

Malla

Reaction score
But this is all the NRLs fault. How can they allow Sharks to sign someone to a contract when they don't have the cap space? How is that even fair? Absolute joke the way its run and our jewish dog CEO does nothing but suck Cam Smith off

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only 3 players id look at
SJ at a steal , and no im not on drugs.
Xerri and Nikora.

And Fk Ramien the whinging little school girl

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His heart is not with us. We should not go with him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People asking about sj get off the drugs he has been garbage
He is infinitely better than what we have and brings a skillset that this side lacks. A so called "garbage" SJ had almost as many line break assists as Foran, Cogger and Lewis combined this season. I'd take him in an instant with Sharks footing part of his wage.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sounds like a typical fukn millenial, wants everything his way or he will have a cry... listen up sweetheart life ain't all sunshine and rainbows... if the dogs really 'need' him. Give him a 1 year contract

Last edited:

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no-one picks up any of their players and they get deducted points for the start of season 2020 and Ramien gets paid low money due to no clubs having room left in their cap.
I hope you're right about the sharks getting deducted points, but don't players have to get paid "market" so teams can't rort? Ramien would have to be paid minimum what he was getting at the knights, if not the average for starting NRL centres

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd halve our original offer to Ramien and then see if he really wants to play footy or cash a pay cheque.
2nd year option in clubs favour to increase his salary based on performance.

Wouldnt pay the kind of money for SJ - A talent yes, but not a million dollar player when you look at consistency, especially in big games.

Steal Xerri, that's the play.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd halve our original offer to Ramien and then see if he really wants to play footy or cash a pay cheque.
2nd year option in clubs favour to increase his salary based on performance.

Wouldnt pay the kind of money for SJ - A talent yes, but not a million dollar player when you look at consistency, especially in big games.

Steal Xerri, that's the play.
Sounds good to me. Some people are whinging at our new hardball approach to recruiting but it’s so good to get a bit of payback for all the players we had to chip in part salaries for at other clubs thanks to the incompetent scum that tried to ruin our club

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you're right about the sharks getting deducted points, but don't players have to get paid "market" so teams can't rort? Ramien would have to be paid minimum what he was getting at the knights, if not the average for starting NRL centres
NRL have probably forgotten their own rules (as usual). The market value bs is just for us and isn't applicable for any other team

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen Ramien play but the drama surrounding him isn't a positive thing. On the plus side of all this, it would be great to see the Sharts hit hard having to pay players that move elsewhere out of their cap. It's seeming like they escaped punishment for cap cheating as well as peptide abuse. They've quickly moved up on the list of clubs I hate.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen Ramien play but the drama surrounding him isn't a positive thing. On the plus side of all this, it would be great to see the Sharts hit hard having to pay players that move elsewhere out of their cap. It's seeming like they escaped punishment for cap cheating as well as peptide abuse. They've quickly moved up on the list of clubs I hate.
My list has 15 clubs 8-)

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of time... Seems like a drama queen.

As far as right centres go, rather keep hoppa or wait one more season and focus on getting Katoni staggs. This bloke from all reports is just as good off the field as on it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
But this is all the NRLs fault. How can they allow Sharks to sign someone to a contract when they don't have the cap space? How is that even fair? Absolute joke the way its run and our jewish dog CEO does nothing but suck Cam Smith off
That’s the thing. Clubs can sign players but nrl haven’t registered contract that’s my understanding anyway.

E.g could sign Tedesco, Smith, Thurston, latrell, sbw etc but doesn’t mean the nrl register it.

Think that’s the shit fight we found ourselves in with Foran and woods coming years ago.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Didn't the Bulldogs give him a deadline and he turned it down to wait for Cronulla?

The Bulldogs are not going to just take him after he turned down that deadline unless he begs for it.
This is just the manager trying to keep interest in him when Cronulla cannot find the money, Bulldogs have not re-approached him and won't in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.