No Source CROFT

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry but i disagree....

For me, the only upgrade on Flanagan would be Cleary, Keary, Hughes, DCE, Hunt, Reynolds, Townsend and Hynes

Problem is we are Buckley's getting any of them

Only similarities between Croft & Flanagan is they both broke down in tears infront of the media
I would include Mitchell Moses and Sam Walker

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He literally came out a few days ago (with a quote from a podcast) saying he loves life in Salford at the moment and intends to honour his 2 year deal.

“Now that I’ve come over here, I’m on a two-year deal at the moment, but I’m not looking anywhere past that and I’m focusing on the now and whatever happens can happen with the enjoyment I’ve brought back to my game.”
“Hey gus yeah good thanks you? Yeah doing well here…huh? The starting halfback role for an NRL club? Nah I’d like to stay in fucking Salford thanks”

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Bellamy couldn’t get the best out of him I don’t think anybody else can

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One of the big sticking points for me liking Flanagan (dealing with him being in the side) is that his defence is excellent for a half, best in the comp arguably.

So if you are going to replace him with another half, we need to make sure it's a significant upgrade or someone who will be nuturing long term, otherwise we will just be fucking around for a few more years

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are to keep Flanagan who do we have to teach him the important No.7 stuff?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he playing better than George Williams in the ESL ?

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of the big sticking points for me liking Flanagan (dealing with him being in the side) is that his defence is excellent for a half, best in the comp arguably.

So if you are going to replace him with another half, we need to make sure it's a significant upgrade or someone who will be nuturing long term, otherwise we will just be fucking around for a few more years
His defence and effort are excellent and he is fully invested in every game

If he could learn to lead a team around and get to a Chad Townsend level in attack then we would have our 7 for a long time.

Townsend is a good steady player and that's the level of 7 that we need, especially with all the flair we will have next year with Fox, Burton, Mahoney, Kikau etc.

I don't see why they Ciraldo and the new coaching staff can't help him get there

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Hey gus yeah good thanks you? Yeah doing well here…huh? The starting halfback role for an NRL club? Nah I’d like to stay in fucking Salford thanks”
I don't even know if we are legitimately looking to replace Flanno at this point.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Matthew johns said he was the next cooper cronk.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would include Mitchell Moses and Sam Walker
Surely Mitchell Moses is someone the club is closely looking at....realistically is the best option in terms of age and quality...he seems not very highly regarded by many on this forum but he has quality in his game....yes he hasnt always being consistent but when he is on his game he adds do much in terms of his orgsnisation kicking running and defensive game...would take alot of pressure off Burton

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The halfback we need (whoever he is) is the one who will lead the team around.
We really don't have anyone doing it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather see us play BBO than go after this dud