Crime bosses use drugs, hookers and gambling to infiltrate NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually I shouldn't say "not enough evidence". They found that some NRL players used insider information but didn't fix matches. They basically leaked information inside the club to help others make bets on games which is technically criminal but no charges were laid on that due to failure to lay charges early in the investigation (statute of limitations)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm....I will wait and see if anything comes of this.

However just adds to the smell of corruption associated with the NRL.

I have been banging on about the MLB salary cap structure, which is far superior to that of the NRL and totally transparent.

But maybe the NRL needs the same very strict rules on betting (life bans for any player or offical found betting on baseball) and they have a powerful commission.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not surprising, some of the NRL players are good family men. The ones who are not are being lured into this seedy underbelly of crime and corruption.

NEXT ON UNDERBELLY NRL GOLDEN MILE

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News article: young rich athletic men tempted by free pussy and drugs. Shock and horror.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I shouldn't say "not enough evidence". They found that some NRL players used insider information but didn't fix matches. They basically leaked information inside the club to help others make bets on games which is technically criminal but no charges were laid on that due to failure to lay charges early in the investigation (statute of limitations)
It could be that the players made admissions to crimes (including providing inside info) during the coercive crime commission hearings. You cant incriminate yourself in those hearings unless you lie or refuse to answer questions.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL infiltrated, How does it happen?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Others, including players and former players were observed making much larger bets than their normal punts. Some regular $50 punters were recorded betting $10,000 and $15,000 at a time.
Um, hello, I thought that players were not permitted to bet on NRL games.........I read somewhere that it is actually a condition of their contracts with the NRL

https://www.qt.com.au/news/nrl-boss-to-come-down-hard-on-players-betting/3147120/

Greenberg also defended the NRL's close ties to betting agencies and said players knew they were not allowed to bet on games and the Simona allegations had little to do with gambling advertising also linked to the NRL.

"Players are acutely aware of their responsibilities, they know they can't bet on rugby league," Greenberg said.

Status
Not open for further replies.