Cricket 2022/23 thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's actually appealing the ban to be able to take a leadership role for Australia & has slammed the Australian board. If the ban was lifted he might captain the T20 team sometime.
I know about the appeal, it's kind of all over the news, but I'd would highly doubt he would ever see a role captaining Australia (or even a BBL side). Its just not worth it for all concerned.

Tbh, he needs to get on with cricket. The public criticism of the board etc is coming from a place of frustration, which I understand, but he really just needs do what he does best: score runs. Warner, and his missus by extension, do themselves no favours by speaking out all the time, but thats also being fuelled by the media as they know he generates clicks/outrage etc. I mean, did channel 7 really need to interview candice just then? Did they do this with every previous bloke playing his 100th test?

Shit.. I think he hit that??

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess Warner ain't getting dropped. Probably a good thing the kennel selectors aren't qualified to select :sweatsmile:
Yeh tf for that hey lol plenty of people on social media "know boats" but have no experience in one :tongueclosed:

Onya Davey boy, F all those knockers and haters hard!!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yep - u a legend Davey. Your average for the year is currently on 29. From 20 innings. With one hundred. On a pitch doing meh in 40C heat.

And would not have had even that if Marnus wasn't an idiot or some of the SA tactics have been interesting in the extreme.

And u guys think your vindicated. Sure. Lets see who is laughing about August in 2023.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the kind of review you do when you're truly desperate... and a bit stupid.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep - u a legend Davey. Your average for the year is currently on 29. From 20 innings. With one hundred. On a pitch doing meh in 40C heat.

And would not have had even that if Marnus wasn't an idiot or some of the SA tactics have been interesting in the extreme.

And u guys think your vindicated. Sure. Lets see who is laughing about August in 2023.
Yeah I could be as effective as the SA spinner today

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Australia should not declare until day 4 if they don't get bowled out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Little bit of rain forecast for Melbourne tomorrow. Unlikely to alter result, but might factor in declaration discussion.

Edit: temperature is also going to rapidly drop by day 4, so they may bat on for as long as possible. Interesting day or two ahead.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed.maybe an hour before stumps tomorrow but should bury these guys
I think that's likely, but a lot of cricket between now and then.

It's pretty warm out in the middle. I'd hate to be the fielding side.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well deserved wicket for Norjte been trying hard all day. Pretty soft though from Smithy when a century was there for the taking.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Warner should retire hurt. Great innings by him.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've just been reminded of this incident.

You shouldn't go around throwing high fives willy nilly.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Haha 200 now. Warner haters in the mud

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warner's time is running out, but that was an iconic innings, he'd scored the majority of Aus runs at the time he retired hurt, was under a lot of pressure. His bowlers will be thanking him, he's made certain SA has been out in the field for what might be the hottest day of Test cricket this season.

I think he is probably safe for another year at least. But time is running out, good to see him have a big moment.