Cricket 2022/23 thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Man it’d be great to walk on top of the stadium there..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Smith is the most complete batsman I've ever seen.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very comfortable win in the end. England need a few blokes to go deep in their batting innings with Malan.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Innocuous question. What's the point of this current ODI v Poms games? There's some test games vs West Indies and Sth Africa coming up, which I can understand leading up to an Ashes series. Who needed or wanted these ODI games vs England?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Innocuous question. What's the point of this current ODI v Poms games? There's some test games vs West Indies and Sth Africa coming up, which I can understand leading up to an Ashes series. Who needed or wanted these ODI games vs England?
Was having lunch yesterday with a mad cricket guy. He played 2nds for Qld on his day, still plays and coaches at a high level. Didn't even know the game was on when I told him.

The days of the cricket "tour" are over. It's just rock up for the shortest time necessarily, play games and go.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was having lunch yesterday with a mad cricket guy. He played 2nds for Qld on his day, still plays and coaches at a high level. Didn't even know the game was on when I told him.

The days of the cricket "tour" are over. It's just rock up for the shortest time necessarily, play games and go.
Yeah the old days it’s be a test series against one touring side November to January..than a one day tri series with the same test nation and one other country..mid January to mid February.. Now only the Ashes is a ‘set’ 5 test series..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Changed his stance..doesn’t move around the crease as much.. Always working on his game looking to improve it..even at the latter part of his stellar career..pretty impressive..
Good to see he has tweaked his style, overuse of the back foot and also cut back a bit on the excessive fidgeting. He was cheesed off he didn't get the nod in the T20 apparently.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the old days it’s be a test series against one touring side November to January..than a one day tri series with the same test nation and one other country..mid January to mid February.. Now only the Ashes is a ‘set’ 5 test series..
This ODI series v Poms just seems a bit random, especially less than one week after a T20 world cup final. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the test matches this summer.