Cricket 2021/22 Thread

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have tickets for day 3 in Brisbane in 10 days time. I'm not holding a lot of confidence in rain not causing a severe disruption.
The GABBA has impeccable drainage. It doesn't take long for play to resume once the rain stops

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The GABBA has impeccable drainage. It doesn't take long for play to resume once the rain stops
All modern grounds are pretty good in that regard. Looking at the forecast for towards the end of next week I think there will be a bit of rain every day.

The rain pattern has been weird though. If it was your typical 3.30pm downpour, you could start the but early each day, but it's really random atm. This morning it was raining quite heavily when I woke up around 6, but had stopped around 9.

Looking forward to it regardless.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All modern grounds are pretty good in that regard. Looking at the forecast for towards the end of next week I think there will be a bit of rain every day.

The rain pattern has been weird though. If it was your typical 3.30pm downpour, you could start the but early each day, but it's really random atm. This morning it was raining quite heavily when I woke up around 6, but had stopped around 9.

There are a couple of pubs across the road,Take cover there in the AC with a beer, they will have the coverage on tv, just wander back over when they are removing the covers . . . Worked for me in the past

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Taking the fam? Namaste.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Taking the fam? Namaste.
No, going to be a semi networking/work thing. There's a dozen of us (blokes), and i made sure i invited people who i'd be happy to sit next to for 7 hours. Not corporate box unfortunately, but pretty decent A reserve tickets near the members and cricketers club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No, going to be a semi networking/work thing. There's a dozen of us (blokes), and i made sure i invited people who i'd be happy to sit next to for 7 hours. Not corporate box unfortunately, but pretty decent A reserve tickets near the members and cricketers club.
Just ignore those mouthy poms and their silly songs lol

The atmosphere will be something else with all the pent up relief from Covid hassles and lack of home Test match cricket.

Can't wait :grinning:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They picked Carey. Hope I'm wrong but...

Sigh...
Yeah I would’ve blooded Inglis but it won’t surprise me in the slightest if Carey goes well. Robust tekkers and looks to have a good temperament. Good luck to him, seems like a good bloke.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Will La Niña sway the series into England’s favour?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have tickets for day 3 in Brisbane in 10 days time. I'm not holding a lot of confidence in rain not causing a severe disruption.
Yeah man. We have tickets for the Friday, not looking flash.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m late..but what a brilliant Test match between Nz and India.. it ebbed and flowed..and in fading light..which saw the Umpires call an end to play (must be noted the full days 90 overs were bowled but there was time still available).. in the final session of day 5 Nz we’re able to hold on and bat out a draw with one wicket left to spare. The last two batsmen Rachin Ravindra, who was making his Test debut, and number 11 Ajaz Patel lasted 52 tense deliveries.. Superb!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m late..but what a brilliant Test match between Nz and India.. it ebbed and flowed..and in fading light..which saw the Umpires call an end to play (must be noted the full days 90 overs were bowled but there was time still available).. in the final session of day 5 Nz we’re able to hold on and bat out a draw with one wicket left to spare. The last two batsmen Rachin Ravindra, who was making his Test debut, and number 11 Ajaz Patel lasted 52 tense deliveries.. Superb!
Can confirm Ajaz is a better number 11 than Chris Martin

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can confirm Ajaz is a better number 11 than Chris Martin
Lol.. did little research..h part of very exclusive club..Took more Test Wickets than runs.. Ave 2.. Only player to score two diamond ducks..that is run out without facing a ball!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, if no 5th test in Perth, where do we go?

Melbourne
Hobart
Canberra
Launceston?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2nd Test between India and Black Caps begins today..if it is as half exciting as the first one it will surely be a beauty.