Cricket 2020/21 thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was that booing of Paine at the presentation?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The selections and batting are just too conservative and predictable safety first.

Thats why India won and we lost

The batters are molly coddled and given far too many chances if out of form. The bowlers would be kicked out if they were as incompetent.

India showed us up in all facets and assembled a young in form team.

Compare their debutants. Even Washington today looked far and away superior to Greene etc.

Very disappointing but Langer will no doubt take the same team to South Africa.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
So glad to see India win series. Deserved it. Good sports! More likeable and more talented. Aussies are bunch of cheating spoiled brats...and I’m Australian!! This series just justifies why the rest of world sees them as a bunch of jumped up pricks!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So glad to see India win series. Deserved it. Good sports! More likeable and more talented. Aussies are bunch of cheating spoiled brats...and I’m Australian!! This series just justifies why the rest of world sees them as a bunch of jumped up pricks!
Had so many injuries. Bumrah, Agarwal, Sharma, Kumar, Rahul, Jadeja, Yadav, Shami and Capt Kohli.

Incredible effort.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
It is clear Langer is out of his depth
How can you feel sorry for the Australian team...and Langer who then in this years drubbing by the Indian B team goes on and supports he’s notorious cheating batsman and childish sledging captain.
It’s outrageous, what a bunch of sooks

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe some people were saying that this is Australias best ever bowling line up.... lol please! these guys arent even close!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is difficult, on balance, to crucify Langer for sticking with the bowling attack. At Adelaide the same bowling attack got India out for their smallest total in history. Hindsight is 20/20, and the bowling unit failed on day 5 at Sydney and Bris, but on the back of Adelaide realistically almost no coach would have dropped any of the bowlers other than for an injury.

Proof that Langer is willing to change things can be seen in the batting lineup. Changes were made throughout the series, and not just because of injury.

I'm not specifically defending him, just saying that in trying to take a big picture view, with Adelaide in context, it is hard to be too critical.

To me the main difference between the teams is that just about all of the players that India brought in as the series went on produced, and some of them did so to a degree that won matches, or saved them. None of the players Australia either brought in (Pucovski, Warner, Harris, Green) or moved within the team (Wade) produced to anything like that. And though we will never know for sure, I have very little confidence that any of our second stringers would have come in and made the kind of difference that India's second stringers did.

I'm with @Mr 95% though, as much as I hated to see Aus fail at the Gabba, it was a moment of history, and the Indian team that achieved it deserves its moment in the sun.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Karma is just energy and all energy can be manipulated ! By the way Aussies are not cheats
Just a few of them. It’s the only Aussie sport where I support the other country in. Not one likeable character in the team. And don’t get me started on the coach.Also the only sport that doesn’t incorporate indigenous players. An untapped pool of talent IMO... great reflexes... imagine the quick bowlers!