Cricket 2020/21 thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith will become the best batsman we will see live if you weren’t old enough for Bradman

Big call I know but his batting tells the story

Tendulkar
Lara
Ponting
Richards
Etc

This bloke will be better time he hangs up the bat
Might not be highest run scorer etc
But his average speaks for itself and the amount of time his dug australia out of the shit is incredible

I’ve never seen a batsman as consistent as smith

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wade is a shit captain, fancy bring in maxwell during the power play he went for 19runs and that really shifted the momentum to India...
and dont get me started on the dropped catch / run out of Wade.. idiot that is under 11's stuff always watch the ball!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wade is a shit captain, fancy bring in maxwell during the power play he went for 19runs and that really shifted the momentum to India...
and dont get me started on the dropped catch / run out of Wade.. idiot that is under 11's stuff always watch the ball!!
Do you get the feeling Aus isn't taking this t20 series all that seriously? Hopefully the Wade (c) was a toe in the water thing and they never try it again. The game was there to be won.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you get the feeling Aus isn't taking this t20 series all that seriously? Hopefully the Wade (c) was a toe in the water thing and they never try it again. The game was there to be won.
yeh I agree, Im not big on the international T20 but do love the big bash!

Looking forward to the test series, surely we take that more seriously

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeh I agree, Im not big on the international T20 but do love the big bash!

Looking forward to the test series, surely we take that more seriously
Should be good, hopefully Starc is right for it. Who do you reckon should open with Warner (assuming he is also right), Burns, Harris, or one of the new kids?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I very much dont think Warner will be ready for the first test so It will probable be Burns and Pucovski.
Once warner comes back he will partner Burns as they have a great record together.
I would like to see Pattinson in the team but who do you drop from Hazlewood, Cummins and Starc??
good problem to have, Hopefully Smith and Labachagne have a good series as they really strengthen that middle order which was a massive issue for us last series against india.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I very much dont think Warner will be ready for the first test so It will probable be Burns and Pucovski.
Once warner comes back he will partner Burns as they have a great record together.
I would like to see Pattinson in the team but who do you drop from Hazlewood, Cummins and Starc??
good problem to have, Hopefully Smith and Labachagne have a good series as they really strengthen that middle order which was a massive issue for us last series against india.
Pattinson is the must inclusion if any of the current 3 can't do it, keeping in mind Hazlewood seems to have a slight injury, and Starc is out of the bubble atm.

Smith and Labushchampagne have been fantastic. Its amazing to see the upper middle order scoring so many runs, haven't been in that position for a while.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pattinson is the must inclusion if any of the current 3 can't do it, keeping in mind Hazlewood seems to have a slight injury, and Starc is out of the bubble atm.

Smith and Labushchampagne have been fantastic. Its amazing to see the upper middle order scoring so many runs, haven't been in that position for a while.
Yeh Pattinson is my Favorite bowler at the moment, love his aggression.

Not sure who they will pick to play 5 and 6?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh Pattinson is my Favorite bowler at the moment, love his aggression.

Not sure who they will pick to play 5 and 6?
At the moment it is Head and Wade. Wouldn't mind seeing new kid Green come in for one of them.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some other sports I enjoy as much as cricket are: watching paint dry, stamp collecting, measuring how much my hair has grown every day. All super exciting stuff.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some other sports I enjoy as much as cricket are: watching paint dry, stamp collecting, measuring how much my hair has grown every day. All super exciting stuff.
Besides the questionable definition you have for sports, you can take comfort that not everyone has the depth of character and sense of humour to enjoy cricket.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pucovski deserves a spot over Burns, but my gut is that he won;t get the nod (unless Warner is out). I know its shield cricket, but you just shouldn't go around ignoring back to back double centuries. i thought he got unlucky in the recent game - a metre either way and we'd be saying it was a great 4.

Aiming for day 3 of Boxing Day test. Hopefully it will be a good day.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Green is on fire for Australia A, he might be a surprise inclusion to the test team...?
He looks the goods doesn't he. Already averaging 50 with the bat and 22 with the ball at a first class level, he could be something really special.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pucovski deserves a spot over Burns, but my gut is that he won;t get the nod (unless Warner is out). I know its shield cricket, but you just shouldn't go around ignoring back to back double centuries. i thought he got unlucky in the recent game - a metre either way and we'd be saying it was a great 4.

Aiming for day 3 of Boxing Day test. Hopefully it will be a good day.
Are you serious? How does he deserve his spot over Burns???
Burns scored 180 in his last test for Australia!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is a really tough one. If you drop Burns what do you say to him? You can't tell he needs to do better. But if you leave out Pucovski, what do you tell him? You still need to prove yourself at shield level?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very. His last test was a year ago. Since them its been shite at First Class level.

What's the point of shield cricket if its it's not to be used as a selection tool?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a really tough one. If you drop Burns what do you say to him? You can't tell he needs to do better. But if you leave out Pucovski, what do you tell him? You still need to prove yourself at shield level?
you put Pucovski in the middle order at 5 or 6