Cricket 2020/21 thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I haven't seen any footage, but are the Indians going for it or are they batting careful? Six out of nine wickets in the 2nd innings were caught, which suggests they were going for it any possibly getting out a bit easier as a result.

Also, Burns a 2nd innings duck...
no the indians werent really going for it, we bowled them out basically.
Burns in trouble thats for sure, especially if harris gets some runs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Took a knock to the head. Got concussed. Again.

He's like the Martin Lang of cricket. Need to learn how to get his noggin out of the way.
Geez, at this rate he is going to be a flash in the pan in terms of international cricket.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like the entire country is trying to buy boxing day test tickets.

It's the modern equivalent of lining up overnight outside a venue but not knowing if it was worth it.

Cricket.jpg

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, they should be slotting Green into the middle order. Burns can't buy a run and needs to go. Also, not sure where you get the idea he made 180 in his last test. He made 18 and 40 in his last test match against NZ. The test before that he made 0 and 35 and the test before that he made 9 and 53. Against Pakistan he scored 97 in his only innings in the first test, but only made 4 in his only knock in the second test. Did nothing much in England either. I think you're thinking about a match against Sri Lanka on an absolute road almost two years ago. I don't think Warner will play, so he'll probably be getting a reprieve for at least one more test, but he has been far from setting the world on fire since that knock against sri lanka and his first class form has been abysmal.

Pucovski and Green should both play.....not that I thinbk that is likely to happen.

Slight revision - Burns did miss the ashes, I forgot about that.....but he 100 percent played against NZ and Pakistan and with the exception of two innings, his returns were very modest.
Don’t think Will and Warner will play first test. I’m definitely playing Green and he can slot at 6. For me I’m thinking outside the box and using Wade as an opener for the first test. It’s not like Burns or Harris pick themselves so don’t care who partners Wade at the top but I’d be telling him to play the game his way like Warner when he first started.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t think Will and Warner will play first test. I’m definitely playing Green and he can slot at 6. For me I’m thinking outside the box and using Wade as an opener for the first test. It’s not like Burns or Harris pick themselves so don’t care who partners Wade at the top but I’d be telling him to play the game his way like Warner when he first started.
I agree 100 percent.... and if Pucovski is unavailable as expected, I’d be going with Harris (unless Burns can get runs in the final practice game).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like you will be on the money. Green to debut, Wade and Burns opening.

Win the toss and bat eh

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you will be on the money. Green to debut, Wade and Burns opening.

Win the toss and bat eh
I just think Wade has a bit to him and shows in the short form he can handle opening. Wether that translates to test we shall see but more confident in him then Burns. Lucky for Burns that his only competition is Harris who loves getting out for 20’s.
Green is a great prospect and it’s remarkable to him how he burst onto the scene as a young fast bowler and has worked extremely hard on his batting that he’s been chosen for his batting first. I hope he’s a huge success

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other opener gone, it's the 3rd wicket that really matters though...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The other opener gone, it's the 3rd wicket that really matters though...
Yep. Just grinding our bowlers. India aren’t going to far ahead though a couple of wickets and we are right on top.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. Just grinding our bowlers. India aren’t going to far ahead though a couple of wickets and we are right on top.
Reckon Pujari might have been sweating over the 3rd session, when it should be hardest to bat, he was looking like he wanted to be there in the morning, and Lyon has nabbed him. Another wicket in the next 20 minutes is absolute bonus, 3 prong pace attack coming in the last session.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
India on top at this stage, setting up to be an interesting test match

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
India on top at this stage, setting up to be an interesting test match
Just as I say that, Kohli run out by Rahane, new ball coming up and new batter at the crease. Aus could yet win this session with another 2 wickets