Cricket 2020/21 thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You would have to think that's it for him. Will he now pull a Hansie?

Heath Streak handed eight-year ban for breaching ICC anti-corruption code
  • Former Zimbabwe captain banned for five breaches
  • Streak ‘also sought to obstruct and delay investigation’
Heath Streak’s code breaches took pace during his role as coach of Zimbabwe and with several domestic teams

Heath Streak’s code breaches took pace during his role as coach of Zimbabwe and with several domestic teams. Photograph: Frank Baron/The Guardian

Ali Martin
@Cricket_Ali
Wed 14 Apr 2021 22.50 AEST

Heath Streak, the former Zimbabwe Test captain, has been banned from cricket for eight years after passing on betting information and introducing four players to a would-be corruptor in exchange for gifts that included US$35,000 in bitcoin.
The 47-year-old, who won 254 international caps and played county cricket for Warwickshire and Hampshire, accepted five charges under the International Cricket Council’s anti-corruption code for offences that took place in 2017 and 2018.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...in-wont-make-people-fall-in-love-with-cricket
It follows an investigation into Streak’s work as a coach of both Zimbabwe and in various Twenty20 tournaments around the world, during which time he was in regular contact with an unnamed Indian man who has been labelled “Mr X”.
After being initially approached about setting up a new league in his home country, Streak was found to have then shared inside information with Mr X before matches in international cricket, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Indian Premier League and the Afghanistan Premier League.

Streak also passed on the contact details of four players, including one national team captain, and in the case of two also vouched for Mr X. He was found to have received a bitcoin payment and an iPhone for his wife in exchange for his assistance, both of which were not disclosed to anti-corruption officials at the time.
The ICC has said Streak also disrupted the investigation by exchanging – and then deleting – a string of WhatsApp messages with Mr X ahead of his interview, before eventually accepting the sanctions under which he is now banned from cricket until 2029.
“As a former captain and coach, [Streak] held a position of trust and owed a duty to uphold the integrity of the game,” Alex Marshall, general manager of the ICC’s integrity unit, said in a statement.
“The offences did not affect the outcomes of any relevant matches and Mr Streak has agreed to assist the ICC anti-corruption education programme for which we are grateful.

The Spin: sign up and get our weekly cricket email.
“He has also expressed his remorse and contrition and entered this agreed sanction decision to avoid the need for a full disciplinary process. The sanction reflects this cooperation.
“He breached the code on several occasions, including facilitating the approach of four other players. At times, he also sought to obstruct and delay our investigation.”
Streak played 65 Tests and 189 one-day internationals for Zimbabwe between 1993 and 2005.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
8281ad59c33317b37beecb025dcdfa9d6c77d80c.jpg

Check out this moneygrubbing cundt lol. Davey Warner= anything for a buck. Poor cuck more than likely got forced into it by his little lady. She would've had him fielding in the slips in downtown Chernobyl 40 years ago.
Go get 'em Dave.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this is pretty awesome. You hear about father/son duos playing local cricket, but rarely a mother/son combo:

1622421595750.png

Arran Brindle: Former England player and son Harry share century stand in club match
Last updated on24 May 202124 May 2021.From the sectionCricket

Arran Brindle
Arran Brindle hit a Test century for England against Australia at Hove in 2005
It's not something you see very often on a cricket field, a mother and son batting together in a match.
When former England all-rounder Arran Brindle walked out to bat for Owmby Trojans on Sunday, however, it was 12-year-old son Harry with the pads on alongside her.

Clearly cricketing talent is in the genes as Harry had taken 4-27 to help bowl out Nettleham CC Academy for 141 in their Lincoln & District Division Three game.
And he wasn't finished, sharing a match-winning opening partnership of 143 with mum - Arran making 94 not out off 101 balls and Harry unbeaten on 32 in the supporting role as they won by 10 wickets.

Arran wasn't intending to open - in a team set up to develop young talent, she prefers to let them "do all the work".
"I'm not usually down to bat very high in this side. But we had nine away playing county cricket, so we had a bit of a different mix of other youngsters coming in to play," she told BBC Radio Lincolnshire.
"Unfortunately, nobody really fancied opening the batting so Harry volunteered me to join him."
"I think it's probably easier to bat with him than watching. As a parent, you're just generally nervous watching your children play, when you know they want to do so well.

"To be at the other end, to be able to talk to him and go through that process is what the team was set up to be.
"It's not about me scoring, it's about how you go about things as a player, how you structure an innings and batting time, which obviously he did brilliantly yesterday."
International pedigree
Arran, now 39, is used to achieving cricketing firsts.
She began playing cricket against boys at under-12 level in her native Lancashire and 10 years ago became the first woman to hit a century in a Lincolnshire Premier League men's game, scoring 128 for Louth against Market Deeping.
Either side of the latter achievement, she appeared in 88 one-day internationals, 35 T20 matches and 11 Tests for England, scoring 2,852 runs in all formats and taking 57 wickets.

In 2002, when only 20 and still using her maiden name Arran Thompson, she shared a then record first-wicket partnership of 200 with Caroline Atkins during a Test match in India.
And, after a self-imposed five-year break from international cricket, she returned to help England win the Women's Ashes in Australia in 2014.
Harry sometimes travelled with the England squad when his mum was playing, becoming an unofficial mascot.
The Ashes tour was her international swansong as she walked away from England duty for the last time.
But she still had one more first to go, helping Southern Vipers win the inaugural Women's Super League in 2016.
Encouraging young talent
These days Arran is a teacher at Greenwich House School in Louth, but also fully involved in coaching her cricket-mad son and the other children in the Trojans set-up, who were denied any games last year because of Covid.
"Harry is very lucky. He goes over to a club in Lancashire and plays Saturday cricket over there and they have been great with him," she said.
"He took five wickets on Saturday for the first team, but then to come back closer to home and play with a group of friends that you've grown up with is equally important."
So who was the 'senior' partner while they were out in the middle together?
"I got told on numerous occasions that I wasn't allowed to take any risky singles but, to be honest, there wasn't even a close call, which was really good," said Arran.
"My first game I batted in for Trojans, I got a golden duck, so to score runs yesterday kind of proved [to them] that anyone can get out, don't worry about it and the next game, it could be your day."
She added: "The entire season so far, there have been such highlights, players taking their first senior wicket, scoring their first boundary - and to be able to share the winning runs with your son, whether you're a dad or a mum, is a special moment."

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, the Ashes. Anyone else excited/going? (Covid permitting)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
is anyone following the T20 in the West indies? Does anyone care?

i tried but T20 just doesn't do it for me.