Cricket 2020/21 thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His batting is fine. If Australia get bowled out with under 250 lead India can still win. The result still matters for the ICC Test Championship .
Ok if you're happy that his contribution is enough atm :grinning:

I prefer to see him put in a big effort to get the bowlers a decent total to bowl to.

If Paine and Langer get him to pull his finger out and score thats fine :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok if you're happy that his contribution is enough atm :grinning:

I prefer to see him put in a big effort to get the bowlers a decent total to bowl to.

If Paine and Langer get him to pull his finger out and score thats fine :grinning:
And he's out.

But seriously does anyone really care about the Test Championship?

On another note, looking at the sky south from my place towards the Gabba (about 10km as the crow flies), id estimate about another hour until is starts to piss down. There may be little play after tea.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Out being defensive"
And he's out.

But seriously does anyone really care about the Test Championship?

On another note, looking at the sky south from my place towards the Gabba (about 10km as the crow flies), id estimate about another hour until is starts to piss down. There may be little play after tea.
Precisely why we needed someone to score :(

Bloody hopeless. Out being defensive.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm calling for Langer to go too lol

No fight in Australia these days to control their destiny.

Punter, AB, Waugh, Tubby, Clarke would be on the attack by now and not influenced by soppy coaches.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This cricket team is PC and sanitised, Paine apologising for some banter. Crying over sandpaper at press conferences.

Langer apologising for racial abuse at Sydney test which was proven to be false. Bring back some fight, aggression and stop with the endless apologies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok but how many balls faced and what was the circumstance of trying to WIN the game :grinning:...not just bat to save your spot.
Fair go, Wen. He has constantly had to come in with his side in precarious positions and to try and get them out of holes. Very unfair on the kid to accuse him of getting to save his spot. He’s been batting to try and save his team’s arse. He has done really well in his debut series with his team often on the back foot. Fair enough if you’re not sold on him yet, but I think it’s a bit harsh to accuse him of playing selfish.... and personally, I think he’s going to be a cracker.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
your comments make sense and are fair, not sure where Khawaja's form is at but ive always had time for him.

Haters usually dont have options mate, their too busy hating lol
Davey hasn't gone great a few times and can't rest on his laurels(and has turned 34 as you eluded to)forever i agree with that but there are NO better options anyway at the minute, plus the few flops in this series are as much fitness based as anything else ..and it s only been the 3 digs, went ok on the chase this 2nd innings..so to me he isn't in a massive slump these other fellas have issues with the guy other than form im sure of it.

See how he goes in the Ashes, where are they this time here or in England? He will kill it i'm tipping.
I agree mate. I think it’s far from time to write him off yet... he’s easily our best opener .... just a little rusty, underdone and in the third test, he wasn’t quite at full fitness. Pucovski should come back in for Harris as soon as fit on form... I do worry about his concussion history though. Wade is the other one who needs to be looked at ... our second opener and number five are the spots that need to be looked at. In terms of cowling, Starc snd Lyon look a bit below their best.... Paine has been disappointing with the gloves and in terms of his captaincy too. But I think the only ones who need dropping at this stage are Harris, Wade and possibly Starc if he can’t find rhythm and confidence in the fourth innings.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I take some blame for the 2nd rain delay. I decided to have a quick late arvo swim, and of course as soon as I got in, the rain started...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His batting is fine. If Australia get bowled out with under 250 lead India can still win. The result still matters for the ICC Test Championship .
Exactly. He typically starts slow to stabilise the team and accelerated as we start to get into a better position. Sensible way to go about things.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I take some blame for the 2nd rain delay. I decided to have a quick late arvo swim, and of course as soon as I got in, the rain started...
Citizenship revoked. You are now a stateless person.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This cricket team is PC and sanitised, Paine apologising for some banter. Crying over sandpaper at press conferences.

Langer apologising for racial abuse at Sydney test which was proven to be false. Bring back some fight, aggression and stop with the endless apologies.
Whilst I think we are currently lacking some killer instinct, and put this down in big part to Paine, its not really about being sanitized or "PC".

Paine's attempt at "banter " was quite frankly an embarrassment, especially since he was playing like a bisted are himself. You can be aggressive and playing to win and still not resort to trying to tell a batsman he has no friends...

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paine has gone from nice guy to King Tw@t in a short space of time.

Just concede the draw already. It's over. Poor performance by Australia.

Players whose position needs to re-evaluated after this series:
Harris
Lyon
Wade
Warner
Head
Starc
Paine's captaincy