SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
300* for David Warner. What an innings!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great knock, anyone bagging him is a goose
To score 300 plus anywhere even ya local pub team is outstanding, let alone representing your country

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Declaration is a bit disappointing.

Match practically over. Series won. Give the fans what they want ffs.

In time nobody will particularly remember the actual test , but to see Warner have a crack at four hunge would have certainly been memorable.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, maybe NZ will be competitive. They're certainly sticking it the Poms a bit at the moment.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, maybe NZ will be competitive. They're certainly sticking it the Poms a bit at the moment.
Looking forward to the Kiwi tests, they will hopefully prove to be a serious challenge. Their batting is insanely good right now, and their bowlers always seem to turn up with good plans against our main batters.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sack Tim Paine for declaring. We would’ve bowled them out twice tomorrow if he let Warner get the record.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sack Tim Paine for declaring. We would’ve bowled them out twice tomorrow if he let Warner get the record.
That was more than enough to declare
You don’t play cricket for records, you play to win

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They would've won anyway. There is another 3 days left.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cricket is indeed a team sport and winning the contest is of course usually the main thing.

But cricket is also about pieces of individual brilliance (and of course stats and more stats).

I was in the Caribbean when Brian Lara scored his 400 v England. Here as a Trinidadian playing at St John's Antigua returning to the ground where 8 years earlier he's scored 375 against the same opposition. The whole island I was on clamoured around any TV they could and the place came to a standstill. Its something I'll never forget. The result of the game? A draw but nobody cares.

About 18 months earlier, I was in the O'Reilly Stand at the SCG with a group of friends watching a player under pressure by the name of Stephen Rodger Waugh stride to the crease mid-afternoon. As the evening went on, he started looking like achieving the impossible - a century by stumps against the old foe England. This was back in the day that as long as there was light, play carried on until 90 overs were bowled. It was quite late in the end - well after 7pm, but absolutely nobody was going home. Then as Waugh cuts a fellow called Richard Dawson for 4 on the final ball, scored his Bradman-equalling 29th century. Waugh raises his bat and the crowd went nuts. My girlfriend at the time was in tears at the spectacle,and she wasn't the only one for sure. AS everybody filtered out of the ground, The crowd chanted Waugh's name over and over. I still get goosebumps thinking of it. That moment for me sits equally with Haz from the sideline to beat Newcastle a few months earlier than that, as the two greatest sporting moments I have ever witnessed live. Nobody really gave a toss that he was out a few balls into the next morning - we all just remember that moment...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cricket is indeed a team sport and winning the contest is of course usually the main thing.

But cricket is also about pieces of individual brilliance (and of course stats and more stats).

I was in the Caribbean when Brian Lara scored his 400 v England. Here as a Trinidadian playing at St John's Antigua returning to the ground where 8 years earlier he's scored 375 against the same opposition. The whole island I was on clamoured around any TV they could and the place came to a standstill. Its something I'll never forget. The result of the game? A draw but nobody cares.

About 18 months earlier, I was in the O'Reilly Stand at the SCG with a group of friends watching a player under pressure by the name of Stephen Rodger Waugh stride to the crease mid-afternoon. As the evening went on, he started looking like achieving the impossible - a century by stumps against the old foe England. This was back in the day that as long as there was light, play carried on until 90 overs were bowled. It was quite late in the end - well after 7pm, but absolutely nobody was going home. Then as Waugh cuts a fellow called Richard Dawson for 4 on the final ball, scored his Bradman-equalling 29th century. Waugh raises his bat and the crowd went nuts. My girlfriend at the time was in tears at the spectacle,and she wasn't the only one for sure. AS everybody filtered out of the ground, The crowd chanted Waugh's name over and over. I still get goosebumps thinking of it. That moment for me sits equally with Haz from the sideline to beat Newcastle a few months earlier than that, as the two greatest sporting moments I have ever witnessed live. Nobody really gave a toss that he was out a few balls into the next morning - we all just remember that moment...
Envious that you were in the West Indies at that time, privilege and real buzz.

I remember Steve Waugh getting out the next day as I chose that day to attend the test!

Australia always plays to win the test match before individual milestone which in my eyes is correct, but I know what you mean.

Hope we finally have found out next best number 3 since Ponting, looks promising.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sad to see for the third game in a row, the sight of vastly empty stadiums. Apparently the official crowd yesterday was 19,000. What a croc of shit, they must have had the rorters accountants do the tally. Looked more like 1,500 to me. I know test cricket is struggling in general these days but it’s a shame there’s not more peeps at the ground to see some of the recent aussie performances. I especially think some of the bowling has been great. Kiwi’s have been disappointing so far, but should do better in the games in Sydney and Melbourne. They have just got 4 quick wickets though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Really sad to see for the third game in a row, the sight of vastly empty stadiums. Apparently the official crowd yesterday was 19,000. What a croc of shit, they must have had the rorters accountants do the tally. Looked more like 1,500 to me. I know test cricket is struggling in general these days but it’s a shame there’s not more peeps at the ground to see some of the recent aussie performances. I especially think some of the bowling has been great. Kiwi’s have been disappointing so far, but should do better in the games in Sydney and Melbourne. They have just got 4 quick wickets though.
Would you have enforced the follow on yesterday?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you have enforced the follow on yesterday?
No 2 days left and 400 odd in front
More runs, have plenty of time to bash into oblivion
I’d say he will want 500 in front so maybe bat first session and then send em in
Key is that late arvo early night with the pink ball
More wickets will fall around that time then any other time of the game

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No 2 days left and 400 odd in front
More runs, have plenty of time to bash into oblivion
I’d say he will want 500 in front so maybe bat first session and then send em in
Key is that late arvo early night with the pink ball
More wickets will fall around that time then any other time of the game
I would have liked to see them have more of a crack at it and declare last night. I didn't get the conservative approach taken. 8-10 overs at the Kiwis last night would have had them scared, and the loss of Hazelwood wouldn't have made an difference as you would've only needed the two front line bowlers.

Now we find ourselves in no mans land - there is no way we would want to declare until midway through the second session due to the heat, and unless the tail wags, it won't get that far anyway.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe the crowds at test cricket vs big bash. Big bash is fkn trash for 4 hrs, test match is an all day bonanza In the crowd.. kids these days

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would have liked to see them have more of a crack at it and declare last night. I didn't get the conservative approach taken. 8-10 overs at the Kiwis last night would have had them scared, and the loss of Hazelwood wouldn't have made an difference as you would've only needed the two front line bowlers.

Now we find ourselves in no mans land - there is no way we would want to declare until midway through the second session due to the heat, and unless the tail wags, it won't get that far anyway.
I'm kinda in this camp.

The evening session so eventful and plenty of wickets falling...and we go and give that advantage to the Kiwis, while they were down.

Plenty of time for sure and we no doubt should easily win but that killer knock out attitude isn't there anymore.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How is it that we are so dominant at home but then generally speaking outside Australia we suck?

This is going to be another 4 day test

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it that we are so dominant at home but then generally speaking outside Australia we suck?

This is going to be another 4 day test
You could say that about any team in the top tier of international cricket.

I blame a lot of it these days on the fact there are so few warm up matches. It's rock up to a place, play one three day game and them straight into it.