Creepy Stories

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bought a house near a cemetery once, at night the bed shook, trains horns in the lounge, bad dreams, a hand grabbed my leg, foot stomps in the house etc Im like fuck off you stupid dead people I will go when Im ready, they gave up.
A trans got a horn in your lounge? Strewth Bob, shoulda done a runner mate.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True story..... (Good thread btw)

I was travelling up to gold coast from Sydney, just before the Newcastle big servo I get a flat tyre.. I make it to the servo. It was about midnight.

I'm about to change the tyre and a combi van pulls in right next to me, 5 guys get out of the van. They see I'm changing the tyre and they tell me to relax, sit down . They work together to change my tyre.. just chatting they said they were from a suburb in Melbourne where I remember on the news there was a recent missing person. I offered to buy them all a drink, they said all good, they get in their combi and drive off.

I walk I to the servo and stop for a coffee and stretch my legs.. about 30 mins later I walk back to my car and drove off.. I'm driving in the dark and about an hour past Newcastle, (close to 2am) I see the combi pulled over on the side of the road, Hazzard lights on, they were standing on the side of road waving me in...

I was thinking I'm in the middle of nowhere, pitch black, I'm not stopping there with 5 blokes I don't know.. it's different than a well lit up servo. So I drove around them waved googbye and sped off up the road.. they were in middle of road screaming for me to come back..

Sure some of you mob might think it's incredibly ungrateful not to stop for the 10% chance they needed help considering they just helped me out but it seemed like a setup, why would they change my tyre at midnight, what was I going to do in the dark in middle of nowhere, I'm no mechanic. Plus they were from a suburb in melbourne where there was a recent missing person on the news.

I enjoyed my holiday by the way

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't remember how the exact storey my Nan told me but went something close to this.... A lot of years ago my Nan, pop and father who was only very young were passing through the shepparton area. They found a reserve on the outskirts of town to camp for the night.... There were no houses close by. As they pulled over a pig farm worker pulled over and struck up a conversation, Nan said after a brief chat she got a bad feeling and the bloke had a bad smell to him, he told them the best place to camp on the reserve which also happened to be the most secluded. He left and they found a place to camp but not where he told them to..... Remember Nan saying they woke in the middle of the night to the sounds of the same vehicle, driving to the secluded area he had suggested. The vehicle switched off for a short period of time, drove around for a bit longer as if looking for something then left. They were very creeped out but left the next morning..... A lot of years later nan was watching the news and got a horrible chill, a bloke named Raymond Edmunds aka Mr stinky had been charged with numerous rapes and a double murder ranging from the 60s till the 80s, and he spent time in the shepparton area.... Nan swore that was the same bloke who approached them.....

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Can't remember how the exact storey my Nan told me but went something close to this.... A lot of years ago my Nan, pop and father who was only very young were passing through the shepparton area. They found a reserve on the outskirts of town to camp for the night.... There were no houses close by. As they pulled over a pig farm worker pulled over and struck up a conversation, Nan said after a brief chat she got a bad feeling and the bloke had a bad smell to him, he told them the best place to camp on the reserve which also happened to be the most secluded. He left and they found a place to camp but not where he told them to..... Remember Nan saying they woke in the middle of the night to the sounds of the same vehicle, driving to the secluded area he had suggested. The vehicle switched off for a short period of time, drove around for a bit longer as if looking for something then left. They were very creeped out but left the next morning..... A lot of years later nan was watching the news and got a horrible chill, a bloke named Raymond Edmunds aka Mr stinky had been charged with numerous rapes and a double murder ranging from the 60s till the 80s, and he spent time in the shepparton area.... Nan swore that was the same bloke who approached them.....
Woah hectic story.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched a crime doco on that bloke. He was pure evil.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could be a matter of him chasing a payday. Could have also been a potential rapist. But either way it's good that no blood was spooled in catching him.

Thinking about this actually brings to mind a creepy but funny story from when I was 11 or 12 years old.

I was living with my mum and three teenage sisters in Airds. All my sisters were pretty girls. Someone was stealing all the lacy underwear off our clothesline at night. They bypassed the sensible granny panties. We suspect it was one of the two teenage boys next door. Little did this person know that my sister's weren't the ones wearing the lacy stuff. They were stealing my mum's undies and probably getting their jollies off them.

Another story from this place started a while later when a developmentally challenged guy that worked with my sister found out where she lived probably by following her home from work. This delightful fellow used to scratch her window and call her name at night. The creepy **** at one stage also told my sister he has a whipper snipper with blades that could chop someone's head off. We wound up calling the police on him a few times before he stopped.
only creepy part was living in Airds

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Round about the time of me being 18-19, my Mum and Dad went on holiday. I was home alone one night ( my brother who was a year or so younger was at work at Maccas.)lying in bed, around 9-30 by the clock radio sitting on my bedside table , just about dozing off when I heard something much like shuffling footsteps in the hallway.

Now being home alone it kind of spooked me. The carpet in the hallway (which was just outside the bedrooms at the front of the house) was that ripply type that made a funny sound when you dragged your feet on it. The noise continued from the master bedroom direction right down to the door which separated the hall from the lounge room. The door was closed at the time and I distinctly heard the door handle rattle for a moment or two, then stop and the sound of shuffling feet coming back up the hall. I cowered under the sheets and blanket and just hoped that whatever it was went away. After a while, I am not sure how long, it did stop and then there was nothing. While later the key rattles in the front door about 10-00 and my brother walks in. He turned on his bedroom light across the hall from my room and up I jumped raced in and asked him if he had been in the house earlier. No he said. When I told him the story he went white and said that about a week prior he had woken up middle of the night and saw my Grandma sitting on the end of his bed. Only problem being she had been dead for the past 15 years and had actually passed away at home in that very room. . He said he spoke to her and she disappeared. On an earlier occasion he too had heard shuffling in the hallway but dismissed it all as his imagination.
A few days later I was putting some things away in my parents room and I swear I saw her reflection in the mirror which sat over the dressing table..I said 'is that you Nanna' and the reflection disappeared and I never saw anything of her again. To this day I wonder if what I saw was actually her or just a figment of my imagination.
Pretty creepy, but many years later whilst recovering from surgery, I was back in my hospital room and was sure that I saw my Mum sitting on the end of my bed smiling at me, many years after she too had passed. Apparently there was a complication with my operation which caused me to bleed ( they nicked an artery whilst removing my gall bladder) and I had to have a transfusion ( of my own blood thankfully which the surgeon suggested I have ready just in case, as the possibility of a incident causing a bleed was of a certain percentage). I spoke to someone who interprets this type of thing and she said it was more than likely Mum reassuring me that I was going to be okay after the problem with surgery. I don't know what it was but it did not creep me out as much as the previous one with Nanna.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Round about the time of me being 18-19, my Mum and Dad went on holiday. I was home alone one night ( my brother who was a year or so younger was at work at Maccas.)lying in bed, around 9-30 by the clock radio sitting on my bedside table , just about dozing off when I heard something much like shuffling footsteps in the hallway.

Now being home alone it kind of spooked me. The carpet in the hallway (which was just outside the bedrooms at the front of the house) was that ripply type that made a funny sound when you dragged your feet on it. The noise continued from the master bedroom direction right down to the door which separated the hall from the lounge room. The door was closed at the time and I distinctly heard the door handle rattle for a moment or two, then stop and the sound of shuffling feet coming back up the hall. I cowered under the sheets and blanket and just hoped that whatever it was went away. After a while, I am not sure how long, it did stop and then there was nothing. While later the key rattles in the front door about 10-00 and my brother walks in. He turned on his bedroom light across the hall from my room and up I jumped raced in and asked him if he had been in the house earlier. No he said. When I told him the story he went white and said that about a week prior he had woken up middle of the night and saw my Grandma sitting on the end of his bed. Only problem being she had been dead for the past 15 years and had actually passed away at home in that very room. . He said he spoke to her and she disappeared. On an earlier occasion he too had heard shuffling in the hallway but dismissed it all as his imagination.
A few days later I was putting some things away in my parents room and I swear I saw her reflection in the mirror which sat over the dressing table..I said 'is that you Nanna' and the reflection disappeared and I never saw anything of her again. To this day I wonder if what I saw was actually her or just a figment of my imagination.
Pretty creepy, but many years later whilst recovering from surgery, I was back in my hospital room and was sure that I saw my Mum sitting on the end of my bed smiling at me, many years after she too had passed. Apparently there was a complication with my operation which caused me to bleed ( they nicked an artery whilst removing my gall bladder) and I had to have a transfusion ( of my own blood thankfully which the surgeon suggested I have ready just in case, as the possibility of a incident causing a bleed was of a certain percentage). I spoke to someone who interprets this type of thing and she said it was more than likely Mum reassuring me that I was going to be okay after the problem with surgery. I don't know what it was but it did not creep me out as much as the previous one with Nanna.
My missus swears by some stories similar to that and same thing where her great Grandmother passed away in her room as the family home had been passed down through the generations. I myself knew it was a bit of a creepy house but that’s just because it was one of the original houses in Haberfield old as fuck massive big place. I’m not the biggest believer of those stories not meaning to sound like a dickhead but fuck ask her and she accepts that I don’t believe it but still doesn’t doubt what she and her sister and mum saw growing up as a kid in that house.

It was a creepy as fuck when we would stay there to house sit for her parents (sometimes for weeks) though and I hated walking down that big hallway at night to go to the toilet.

I heard footsteps at night and bumps and noises and shit but I’m putting it down to old floorboards, wind creaking old structure ect ect.

Interesting thing just really because of self reflection of why I did this but I use to sleep walk there never have ever in my life. Wasn’t pissed, and Have never knowingly done it since or anywhere else. Once woke up half way through the night pissing in the hallway (again hadn’t had a drink) just was pissing in the hallway.. Never ever done anything like it. I was absolutely horrified but my missus wasnt even annoyed she was like we have all slept walked in this house it’s just the ghost.. Funny thing is I’d put it down to unfamiliar surroundings or something but we had looked after this house countless times. She again to my horror gleefully told her parent about it and they were like yeah but gross hope you cleaned it but it’s just the ghost fucking with you.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My missus swears by some stories similar to that and same thing where her great Grandmother passed away in her room as the family home had been passed down through the generations. I myself knew it was a bit of a creepy house but that’s just because it was one of the original houses in Haberfield. I’m not the biggest believer of those stories not meaning to sound like a dickhead but fuck ask her and she accepts that I don’t believe it but still doesn’t doubt what she saw growing up as a kid in that house.

It was a creepy as fuck when we would stay there to house sit for her parents (sometimes for weeks) though and I hated walking down that big hallway at night to go to the toilet.

I heard footsteps at night and bumps and noises and shit but I’m putting it down to old floorboards, wind creaking old structure ect ect.

Interesting thing just really because of self reflection of why I did this but I use to sleep walk there never have ever in my life. Wasn’t pissed, and Have never knowingly done it since or anywhere else. Once woke up half way through the night pissing in the hallway (again hadn’t had a drink) just was pissing in the hallway.. Never ever done anything like it. I was horrified my missus wasnt even annoyed she was like we have all slept walked in this house it’s just the ghost.. she again to my horror gleefully told her parent about it and they were like yeah but gross hope you cleaned it but it’s just the ghost fucking with you.
Yeah. My Nanna lived in the house her whole life and I remember the day that she died only because I was at primary school and came home that afternoon to a house full of people I had never seen before ( all relatives of some sort). Dad took us aside and told us that Nanna had gone to heaven and I really was not phased by the fact that she actually died in the room across from mine during the night and lay there dead. I must admit she was pretty creepy in her own way. I don't think I ever saw her leave the house and she always wore flannelette nighties and slippers and her arm chair was a big blue one that "took pride of place" in a corner of the lounge room. It was only all those years later that the strange things came to my attention and if not for my brothers admission as to what he saw and heard that I realised that perhaps after all I did not imagine things. I have heard of people say that things disappeared in their house only to reappear days, perhaps weeks later in a different place or that items were in disarray upside down etc from where they had been put.
A girl friend of mine lost her husband to suicide and she religiously burned sandalwood candles and incense sticks to ward off his spirit which she said haunted the house even though he had done the deed many miles away and in a car. I did not doubt her after my experiences but I always thought that if a spirit was to stay around it did so in the place of its earthly body demise. Anything is possible I guess...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone close to me passed away, we were at the funeral and it was an above ground crypt. As they attempted to lift the coffin into the crypt it was about half way in and a freak incident with the lift and it lifted suddenly and cracked the coffin right in the middle. It was lowered and the coffin (and body) removed and taken away to be replaced.

The funeral was reconvened and the cars taking the coffin had mechanical issues and were delayed a few hours. Whilst the coffin was in back and on route to funeral.

Coffin finally went in but it seemed the person didn't want to go in

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone very close to me passed away after a long struggle in hospital. Fought and fought and fought, procedure after procedure but in the end life support turned off..

It's real freaky as the persons head goes from warm to ice cold. Obviously I was really upset and went home

Later that night I had a dream about that person, they were very happy smiling, it was really bright... People that were at the turning off life support had exactly the same dream that night.. never had a dream about them since ..

I think it was a "I'm ok now, thanks for your care but I'm going now"

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Walking home from Peakhurst pub to Riverwood one night after doing the Oatley/Peaky thing blind drunk. I’m only 19 or whatever and I’m walking along 3:30am and I see a guy 200meters away on the other side of the street. I thought just another guys that’s been out all good.. Although he has his shirt off and is holding a golf club bit suss but too drunk to properly worry.I get into his range of eye sight (I saw him along time before. But I grew up in Riverwood so these are the skills you naturally learn) and he immediately stiffens up and starts staring at me. I try and keep walking like I don’t see him until he screams out ‘It’s you, you fuck’ come over here I’ve been looking for you.. Never seen the guy in my life but he is drunk as fuck mumbling to himself and looks like he is out for trouble and turns out a lot bigger and nastier looking than me and holding a 3 iron. I’m now 30meters away on the other side of the road and just instinctively confidently turn into a random house walk up to the door and pretend to get my keys out as I press the doorbell.

He starts walking over the street saying ‘you are fucking gone mate’ and at 3:30am in the morning an old couple I’m talking late 80’s open the door.

It just must have been in my eyes or voice but as this guy is just about to enter their front yard I whisper please Help me. Don’t know who they are or why they did but they open the screen door and said come in my grandson.. 3:30am in the morning to a random drunk kid WOW!!

Close it quickly and peer through the door hole and the guy drunkenly turns mumbling and carrying on hits the door with his fist and stumbles around and leaves.

I never said much apart from thank you and they let me stay a few minutes and offered a lift to mine. Ifelt a bit embarrassed and ended up walking home the rest of the way but fuck did they help me that night. The guy looked iced out of his head and was not in a good mood.

Went back months later and a young Chinese lady Answered the door and had no idea about the previous owners or what I was there for or even saying. Would have loved to thank them for their kindness.

Last edited: