Opinion Credit to Lewis

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think Wakeham will improve, but he constantly takes shots at my boy Elliott, so all gloves are off.

I think Lewis might improve with the right guidance too, tbh:,
Oh man!!!!!

You ruined @Horse fun, horse actually thought he had a friend to have a go at me, alas its another fail for horse

Oh utility..........

Fuck elliot

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate the kid at all, but I will say he played really well at the beginning of the game yesterday and it is not nice to see any player stumble like that after contact to the head..

I remember when I was younger, I thought it was the best thing ever when a doggies player would hurt an opponent that bad, that they got knocked out cold or they got up stumbling.. but with everything we know now about concussion, it's no longer something to celebrate or joke about.. (unless it's Josh mcguire getting knocked out, then it is still ok to celebrate I think)
Except when it was Bryce Gibbs trying to give shrek shit

That was quite fun

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No I'm not going to start some argument that Lewis is our halfback going forward. It will always mystify me how a bloke with the number 7 on his back can pass to the grass so often, and in terms of his ability to play first grade I think he can count himself fortunate he has his current contract. I can't see any way he is going to earn another.

However I also believe in being balanced in ones views, and it is only fair to credit Lewis for the fact that he got straight up last night within seconds of copping a concussion from Su'a's hit, and tried to play the ball. It says a lot about the spirit with which he plays the game, and even though he plays the game mostly poorly, I am very happy to applaud his attitude and spirit. Players who stay down in order to get a penalty, and don't even end up going off for a HIA (Siva for one), disgust me.
Not to mention Lewis’ kicking game was absolutely superb last night before he got knocked out! His 7 kicks were spot on and had Souths back peddling and parked on their own goal line each kick he produced. What a shame he couldn’t continue I was proud of his game for once.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis has talent attitude and potential. The fact Barrett likes him shows me Barrett sees that he can bring him on. Pay was not an attacking coach nor a halves expert. Barrett is. Sufficient to say this.... If Lewis doesn't improve in all aspects of his game under Barrett next year then he isn't worthy of a new contract with us. The kid competes you all must give him that. Lets see what Barrett can do with him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cannot understand the hate for this young guy. He busts his arse every game.
The stupid comments about "passing to the ground" are ludicrous, and highlight the fact that some posters on here
cannot be original, and just copy other peoples stupid comments. The number of times his passes go astray are
no worse than most 1/2's in the NRL. Being young, he will improve a lot with Barretts coaching.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I'm not going to start some argument that Lewis is our halfback going forward. It will always mystify me how a bloke with the number 7 on his back can pass to the grass so often, and in terms of his ability to play first grade I think he can count himself fortunate he has his current contract. I can't see any way he is going to earn another.

However I also believe in being balanced in ones views, and it is only fair to credit Lewis for the fact that he got straight up last night within seconds of copping a concussion from Su'a's hit, and tried to play the ball. It says a lot about the spirit with which he plays the game, and even though he plays the game mostly poorly, I am very happy to applaud his attitude and spirit. Players who stay down in order to get a penalty, and don't even end up going off for a HIA (Siva for one), disgust me.
No doubting his toughness and commitment. He just needs a good mentor to help him eliminate the poorer parts of his game, and he could be a star for the club.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stupid comments about "passing to the ground" are ludicrous, and highlight the fact that some posters on here
cannot be original, and just copy other peoples stupid comments. The number of times his passes go astray are
no worse than most 1/2's in the NRL. Being young, he will improve a lot with Barretts coaching.
Agree. He has potential. He's tough, digs in, and has a good kicking style. He just needs to work on his skills a bit, and vary the types of kick he employs. Coaching will help.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is a kid and can only get better, you're 100% right his foundation is good... his skills need polish
I'm a 45 year old tradie and at 21 I didn't have half the skills i thought i had at 30 ... It's been all downhill from there ... lol
It all takes time, we are a club rebuilding and if we buy a quick fix, we could be letting un tapped talent go
Only to come back and haunt us down the track .....
( sound familiar )

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was unimpressed with the way Cam Murray milked cheap penalties on our line, faking that he was prevented from playing the ball. I'd rather the honesty of Lewis on the field, any day.
I noticed that yet nearly every tackle souths lay between the dummy half and the ruck and the dummy half is slowed or has to go one way

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said mate. If he can replicate the way he went in that first 30 minutes (prior to getting injured) more often then he’s got a future with us. We looked in total control against a quality opposition.

I’m more confident with his foundations than what I am with Wakeham’s. Much stronger boot and a superior defender. We’re too often on the back foot field position wise with Wakeham as he can barely launch a kick 35 metres.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said mate. If he can replicate the way he went in that first 30 minutes (prior to getting injured) more often then he’s got a future with us. We looked in total control against a quality opposition.

I’m more confident with his foundations than what I am with Wakeham’s. Much stronger boot and a superior defender. We’re too often on the back foot field position wise with Wakeham as he can barely launch a kick 35 metres.
Yes there was a big difference when Lewis went off and Wakeham came on with the kicking. Lewis has a powerful kick and we did miss his defence as well