Crappy year...1 positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya

Given he's only played a few nrl games in comparison to "our seasoned veterans", couldn't help but realise he's starting to get confident. Yesterday against the warriors he was active in defence, rushing up and putting hits on. He's safe under the high ball and has a great leap.

We should be bombing or chipping to his wing when in attacking range. That's if our halves could do that.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good thought. he could be a solid contester of the bomb. Problem we have is that our halves like to kick to unmarked defenders where they have a good 20 metres clear to catch and run the ball back; or gift seven tackles from a kick into the grandstand instead of the in-goal.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You are right, Montoya is one positive. Sadly 1 positive wont win a premiership. The positive im looking for is Des falling on his sword and fking off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya

We should be bombing or chipping to his wing when in attacking range. That's if our halves could do that.
I see the Roosters do that with Blake Ferguson and think: why can't we do that?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has been a shining light. I really enjoy watching him play.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya

Given he's only played a few nrl games in comparison to "our seasoned veterans", couldn't help but realise he's starting to get confident. Yesterday against the warriors he was active in defence, rushing up and putting hits on. He's safe under the high ball and has a great leap.

We should- if we had st the very least an average kicking game!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given our struggle for points a bomb or cross field kick to Montoya should be a pet play and I think it's happened maybe once! The sad thing is we don't have one kicker in our team that is capable of doing it.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Given it struggle for points a bomb or cross field kick to Montoya should be a pet play and I think it's happened maybe once! The sad thing is we don't have one kicker in our team that is capable of doing it.
And he was left out by Desmond lol

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya

As far as team selection goes, one thing I'm dead against is moving a player from the position he is very good at to another where he might go well.

However, with Maecello Montoya I'd be very happy to see him given the no.1 jersey As altair said he is safe under the high ball and "has a great leap". On top of that he's a big unit and has genuine pace. There's no way I'm touting "F1" as our rockstar fullback, as good as Barba or any other bullshit name, Given enough time playing fullback I think he will be the best we've had in a long time. (It would be a hard call doing it now but I think "enough time" would be from now till the end of the season)

If this happened I'd move Hopoate to right centre, Chase Stanley to the wing and handcuff Holland to the NSW Cup coach.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sad part is the fact that holland scored that try and kicked the goal , the dropkick Hasler will proberly drop Montoya

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as team selection goes, one thing I'm dead against is moving a player from the position he is very good at to another where he might go well.

However, with Maecello Montoya I'd be very happy to see him given the no.1 jersey As altair said he is safe under the high ball and "has a great leap". On top of that he's a big unit and has genuine pace. There's no way I'm touting "F1" as our rockstar fullback, as good as Barba or any other bullshit name, Given some time playing fullback I think he will be the best we've had in a long time.

If this happened I'd move Hopoate to right centre, Chase Stanley to the wing and handcuff Holland to the NSW Cup coach.
He reminds me of a young Israel Folau I'm not saying he will be as good as him but he had similar traits.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crappy year...1 positive

I've already said my bit about Marcello Montoya (the positive) so now I'd just like to make a comment on our performance last night.

I've got no idea what pre match "pump up" Hasler might have given the team before the game. But whatever it was it worked just right for the Warriors.

Its probably happened before but I can't remember when. the backs and forwards stood together in "clumps" like weeds in a lawn. Go forward wasn;t even a dim memory, it was non existant. They just stood there maybe taking a step forward now and then. Passing the ball was a rarity, half of the time they were an invitation to the ambulance. Most of the time they just handed it to each other.

Honestly, I can't remember a more badly prepared and malfunctioning / misfiring Bulldogs side take the field.

The piss poor defensive effort on the Warriors first try set the seal on which team would win and how the other limp to defeat.

I was too shocked to be angry. I just couldn't believe that what I saw was the once proud Dogs of War reduced to a collection of aimless plodders.

Thanks to Ray Dib. Thanks to the Board of Directors. And a special thanks to Des Hasler and his $3million pay packet for the next two seasons.. Someone might have it all together but its not the team I've loved for the last 56 years.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Me being a bitch, I thought the 1 positive was, the season is nearly over for you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Me being a bitch, I thought the 1 positive was, the season is nearly over for you.
Maybe our positive is we don't have to get our hopes up about winning premierships only to ultimately end up disappointed after some better team bundles us out. Just like Brisbane will! :p

At least we know and accept our fate :p

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 positive means its a very crappy year

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe our positive is we don't have to get our hopes up about winning premierships only to ultimately end up disappointed after some better team bundles us out. Just like Brisbane will!

At least we know and accept our fate
LMAO

At least we will have a crack at it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only positive for this season is we only have 9 more desball games left to play. The torture will soon be over....until next season lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does Supercoach see in Mbye? Frawley was punted by coach for this game. He is the only halfback we have FFS.
Just glad Reynolds played or it would have been really ugly.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What does Supercoach see in Mbye? Frawley was punted by coach for this game. He is the only halfback we have FFS.
Just glad Reynolds played or it would have been really ugly.
Des will just continue to play everyone until they retire or their contract is up. He played T-rex for 4 years and now Williams is playing for the Sharks NSW cup side.

Status
Not open for further replies.