Craig Mcclaughlin - havent we all be assaulted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I’m not naive enough to think the casting couch doesn’t exist..but I don’t see the relevance of it in this case....
I generally agree with what you're saying here. Just because one girl sleeps around for roles shouldn't mean that you downgrade the seriousness of inappropriate conduct or sexual assault on another woman who doesn't.

However, my point is just that I feel the media's role in public interest issues like this is to present the facts, and then let the public make their own minds up. Whereas what I personally think happens is that, the media tells you part of the story and the context and then makes it impossible to share a view that doesn't strictly adhere to the narrative that they create.

Look at what happened to Matt Damon for essentially agreeing with the narrative, but not agreeing 'fully' with it.

I think it's entirely relevant to the overall context, that people understand exactly how Hollywood works. Otherwise the outcome is (yet again) more man hating without people really understanding what Hollywood is actually like.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do these supposed victims wait 20-35 years before making these claims?
Do they get assaulted by these big time celebrities when they're small time and say to themselves "it's ok this person is going to be a multimillionaire megastar by the year 2000 so I'll just wait until then to take legal action"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do these supposed victims wait 20-35 years before making these claims?
Do they get assaulted by these big time celebrities when they're small time and say to themselves "it's ok this person is going to be a multimillionaire megastar by the year 2000 so I'll just wait until then to take legal action"
Shame, fear of being the only one, fear of being called a slut, fear of gross generalisations (which some here have already displayed), fear of being ostracized, fear that no one will believe them because he's a "good bloke", etc

There's many reasons. The fact is that the legitimate victims go through trauma and it's this trauma that makes them unlikely to come forward unless there's support in numbers

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame, fear of being the only one, fear of being called a slut, fear of gross generalisations (which some here have already displayed), fear of being ostracized, fear that no one will believe them because he's a "good bloke", etc

There's many reasons. The fact is that the legitimate victims go through trauma and it's this trauma that makes them unlikely to come forward unless there's support in numbers
Shame of being called a slut?
So they say I'll just wait 35 years to report my sexual assault to authorities because that is the official time when I won't be judged or called a slut.
Makes perfect sense.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame of being called a slut?
So they say I'll just wait 35 years to report my sexual assault to authorities because that is the official time when I won't be judged or called a slut.
Makes perfect sense.
Your post is the exact reason why they don't come out.

None of is here know the little details of what happened and what occurred but it's more than prevalent in this thread that the alleged victims are being blamed.

And then you wonder why they don't come out?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Plus, they can wait 50 years to come forward is they want/choose to. There's no bloody time limit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I generally agree with what you're saying here. Just because one girl sleeps around for roles shouldn't mean that you downgrade the seriousness of inappropriate conduct or sexual assault on another woman who doesn't.

However, my point is just that I feel the media's role in public interest issues like this is to present the facts, and then let the public make their own minds up. Whereas what I personally think happens is that, the media tells you part of the story and the context and then makes it impossible to share a view that doesn't strictly adhere to the narrative that they create.

Look at what happened to Matt Damon for essentially agreeing with the narrative, but not agreeing 'fully' with it.

I think it's entirely relevant to the overall context, that people understand exactly how Hollywood works. Otherwise the outcome is (yet again) more man hating without people really understanding what Hollywood is actually like.
I believe such action would taint all involved..it would make it worse.. But I do agree the media has a responsibility to present unbiased reporting..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus, they can wait 50 years to come forward is they want/choose to. There's no bloody time limit.
Yeah there's no time limit but it does make the case a hell of a lot easier if they report the crime as soon as possible.
If law enforcement officers don't report a incident or crime straight away they're generally disciplined for it.
I wish it would go the same for civilians.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well Well Well.... what do you know.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-...sponds-to-craig-mclachlan-allegations/9380658
The producers of the Doctor Blake Mysteries have cleared Craig McLachlan of claims he sexually harassed his co-workers, but admitted the show's workplace culture was "bawdy and crude" and may have offended some cast and crew members.

Two weeks ago, production company December Media hired a workplace consultant, Fiona Bigelli, to investigate claims of sexual misconduct on the set of the top-rating TV show.

The allegations, revealed as part of a joint ABC/Fairfax investigation, included that McLachlan held a banana to his crotch and thrust it into the faces of an actress and director, that he "dry humped" a female crew member and that he pushed his crotch into a female crew member.

December Media said in a statement that Ms Bigelli had interviewed a "sufficiently large number" of people who worked on Season 5 of the production, and had produced a confidential report.

"But there were no findings of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or workplace bullying by Craig McLachlan or any other person on Doctor Blake," the statement said.

"People highlighted the fact that Doctor Blake's workplace culture has consisted of, amongst other things, a workplace humour which has been described by many as sexual, lewd, bawdy, 'Benny-Hill-esque' and crude and that some of the behaviour relating to this humour may be offensive to people regardless of the fact no formal complaints have been received.

Victoria Police are currently investigating separate allegations that McLachlan committed multiple sexual offences while performing in the Rocky Horror Show in 2014.

A joint ABC/Fairfax investigation revealed that three women from the 2014 production claim McLachlan took advantage of his raunchy role as Dr Frank-N-Furter to indecently assault, intimidate and harass them, both on and off stage.

McLachlan, 52, has denied the allegations.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
but wait there's more...

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertai...02/01/craig-mclachlan-defamation-proceedings/

Gold Logie-winning actor Craig McLachlan has filed defamation proceedings against Fairfax Media and the ABC after they reported on allegations he sexually harassed several former colleagues.

One of McLachlan’s accusers, former co-star Christie Whelan Browne, is also named in the defamation suit, according to media reports.

The Seven Network says McLachlan’s statement of claim was lodged in the NSW Supreme Court on Thursday afternoon and principally targets Browne.

McLachlan has engaged prominent barrister Stuart Littlemore QC to run the case, News Corp Australia reports.

A Fairfax Media and ABC joint investigation in early January reported several cast members of the 2014 run of The Rocky Horror Picture Show accused 52-year-old McLachlan of touching them or exposing himself to them.

A woman and a man who worked as part of the crew have also gone to Victorian police who are investigating the allegations.

McLachlan previously described the allegations by Whelan Browne, Erika Heynatz and Angela Scundi as “baseless” insisting they were “all made up”.

He also vowed to fight the allegations.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I dislike McLachlan, I would seriously love it if all these allegations were proved false and he takes every last one of the women and multiple media companies to court for defamation.

It seriously seems like the standard of evidence these days is:

1. Are you female?
2. Can you raise allegations from multiple years ago

If so, everyone including the media who have a responsibility to be fair and unbiased will report it like it's fact.

A

Alexander the Great

I know of a guy (not me) who had a one night stand many years ago, he woke up naked and she was gone with his clothes..

He got angry and as revenge done a crap on the floor in the bathroom and smeared it on the walls. Then as he walked out of the bathroom he saw her and she had washed his clothes... lol...

He gets dressed and quickly left. She must have been furious when she went to bathroom. Lol
Julian O'niell right?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus trying to brush being an arsehole off by claiming he is autistic. That was pretty low.

As for "moneyhunters", I haven't seen where any of the accusers have been paid, or have sought payment. Same with the Craig McLachlan accusers, who are continuing to line up in numbers, and from a number of different shows/productions.
The "autism" defense that burke rolled out proved what a low life piece of shit he is,he should do time for that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.