Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven’t i been saying this for a while now good to see the board reading my posts on the kennel

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just to drive his price up.
He will end up at the new Brisbane club
Absolutely.new club off the ground what successful coach wouldn’t want that.and look at the players up there that he could poach and develop.he ain’t coming to the dogs!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok it's morning, where's Craig??

8 GF's in 17 years, 4 Titles, 63% career win ratio....aaaaaarrrgghh

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always hoped we would chase Bellamy one day.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every player in our current squad would be thinking "Oh fuck please god no.......... not bellamy!!"
If by some miracle he did come I want a camera in the sheds to watch his first half time spray, ***** would have to wear rain coats lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of it from bellamy’s Perspective. $1.4 million a year, new challenge to cement his claim as the games best coach and some money to spend. I don’t see why anyone would say no to that.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok it's morning, where's Craig??
8 GF's in 17 years, 4 Titles, 63% career win ratio....aaaaaarrrgghh
He has had some advantages;
Cronk
Slater
Inglis
Smith
Plus arguably the best NRL player breeding ground with currently 3 feeder clubs in SE Queensland eg; Munster, Grant etc.
In a one team city and the TPA's that brings.
With press that has no interest in NRL.
For correctness it's only 3 NRL titles after losing 2 due to cheating.

Hence why we would be a challenge for him, to prove that his success is not just reliant on the advantages that he has enjoyed in Melbourne. Maybe he can tell me to fark off again when I ask him next time.

Go Dogs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's the 3rd party sponsorship that tips in over the cap.
remember coaching staff have their own salary cap now, so everyone saying just chuck more money at him need to realize that

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is to old to come into an organisation thats been newly formed and boy guarantee to be instant success. At least with us we have something to work with and a great history. Very similar clubs as far as substance is concerned although we have definitely lost it recently. We can only hope
Absolutely.new club off the ground what successful coach wouldn’t want that.and look at the players up there that he could poach and develop.he ain’t coming to the dogs!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
remember coaching staff have their own salary cap now, so everyone saying just chuck more money at him need to realize that
It’s a soft cap which means you basically get taxed for going over it. So if you have the money you can still pay whatever you want.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think of it from bellamy’s Perspective. $1.4 million a year, new challenge to cement his claim as the games best coach and some money to spend. I don’t see why anyone would say no to that.
And as bad as we are going atm we are a powerful club and he would know he could turn it around quickly and it would cement his legacy like when cronk went to roosters

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone only a few days ago said they heard we were after him on a fox league Facebook article that got like 30
Likes im guessing hooper or something has seen

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the history / relationship between Bellamy and Chris Anderson ? Good bad or otherwise

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but TPS are not capped
Exactly. We can throw in a chicken and chips deal from awafi for life and even accomodate him in the best house on Waverley st with bsg views.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lewis at h/b ?? jokes

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players just have to wash their own jersey and bring their own water. They are cutting down on cleaners and water boys for this. Lol

Didnt the article say they are trying to do this through sponsorship?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the history / relationship between Bellamy and Chris Anderson ? Good bad or otherwise
I don’t think there is one. Anderson was gone from the Storm at the start of 2001 and Bellamy didn’t arrive at the Storm till 2003. Bellamy was an assistant at the Broncos while Anderson was at the Storm. As far as I know they have never worked together.