Cowboys sign Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The North Queensland Cowboys have signed former Dally M-winner Ben Barba to a one-year deal for the 2019 season.

The former Bulldogs, Broncos and Sharks star joins the Cowboys after a dazzling season for St Helens in the Super League, where he topped the league for tries with 26 and ranked third for try assists with 24.

The 2012 Dally M winner is a product of Mackay in North Queensland and was granted a release from St Helens to return home.

"Ben's form this year for St Helens has been of the highest standard. He's been the best fullback if not the best player in the English Super League,"Cowboys Director of Football Peter Parr said.

"He is from Mackay and has always had a desire to play for the Cowboys, but for whatever reasons the stars never aligned until now.

"Ben has been looking to return to the NRL and with an opening at the fullback position at our club it presented the opportunity for him to do that."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/25/north-queensland-cowboys-sign-ben-barba/

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Not too thrilled about this. As long as Ben behaves himself I could change my mind

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm but haven't Cronulla thrown the kitchen sink at Holmes to keep him?

Good signing... he's been brilliant for St Helens this year (scored another 2 tries last week, and one was vintage Ben Barba). Interviewed after the game and it sounds like he has matured a bit.

But he was never going anywhere but the Cowboys, as all his family is up there.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Class signing if you ask me, there aren't many players with as much natural ability as Barba around.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see his combination with Morgan. Cowboys top four.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Watch the price of "coke" go up in the north of Qld now.
Supply and demand.
Ps- wish we had him.

Status
Not open for further replies.