Votes: 5 7.4%
  • NO - Conspiracy related

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's hyperbole mate, seriously!

Let me guess, you would comfortably take an overseas holiday trusting the pilot, the ground crew, the bloke that designed the plane, the lowest bidding company that built it, the flight crew, the air traffic controllers, all other pilots and planes on or near your flight path, the person sitting next to you, your travel agent and the Russians not to shoot you down?

But someone says vaccine and you're all "cannot trust anyone". Apply some logic please.
Someone knocks on your door and says here is a potion that will make you a foot taller? Just 5 easy payments of $49. Do you trust?

The Sars virus 10 years ago still doesn't have a vaccine but in 5 mins we flop out the snake oil covid 19 vaccine? Do you trust?

Cigarette companies said 40 years ago, smoking was cool, won't hurt you.. did you trust?

With your airline analogy, flights are in the air everyday, thousands, the crashes are well documented, there is decades of data to tell you your flight risk is X.. you travel knowing the chances very very well... The covid19 vaccine, you wouldn't know if it makes you more susceptible to be struck by lightning. We just dont know

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever had small pox? Polio? Vaccines work.
Is small pox, polio as deadly as covid19? We didn't shut down the world for small pox ..

Where is the Sars virus vaccine? 10 years and nothing but covid 19 takes 5 minutes?

Geez the police car almost turned up before the crime was committed?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone knocks on your door and says here is a potion that will make you a foot taller? Just 5 easy payments of $49. Do you trust?
That depends. Does this person have a team of medical professionals and rigorous medical testing to prove it works?

The Sars virus 10 years ago still doesn't have a vaccine but in 5 mins we flop out the snake oil covid 19 vaccine? Do you trust?
SARS vaccine was in development when SARS faded away. It cost pharmaceutical companies millions. That's why they were reluctant to start development on the Covid-19 vaccine

Cigarette companies said 40 years ago, smoking was cool, won't hurt you.. did you trust?

With your airline analogy, flights are in the air everyday, thousands, the crashes are well documented, there is decades of data to tell you your flight risk is X.. you travel knowing the chances very very well... The covid19 vaccine, you wouldn't know if it makes you more susceptible to be struck by lightning. We just dont know
I don't see how it would make you susceptible to being struck by lighting, but I'm starting to think that you were struck by lightning at some stage.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My wife is a nurse and is not keen to take it, she has health issues. Its highly likely as a nurse she will need to be vaccinated for her to keep her job but we havent looked further into it yet.
I think we should both go and see her doctor and have a chat as you've suggested.
In the meantime Ill do some research.
My first instinct is not to take it but I have other responsibilities to consider.
When you have health issues there is more to consider.
In regards to her job as a nurse.
Yeah, they will want her to have the vax. And you can understand why.
Its going to be a fork in the road moment for her no doubt about it.
I do sympathise

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your cigarettes and lightning analogies are as illogical as your thinking mate. You would trust a hundred unkowns everyday without giving it a second thought, so I'm thinking you're just pumping up your own ego with this crap so I'm going to ignore it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you need to sign a waiver when taking the jab?
Well apparently some in the US are getting their employers to sign a liability contract if forced to take one because the government/big pharma won't take responsibility for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your cigarettes and lightning analogies are as illogical as your thinking mate. You would trust a hundred unkowns everyday without giving it a second thought, so I'm thinking you're just pumping up your own ego with this crap so I'm going to ignore it.
Mate, take a drive, you're trusting hundreds of unknowns not to hit you. With the amount of shit c***s on the road, a vaccine would be safer lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
also i dont trust anybody, but their plan could be to keep all the sheep people and kill off all the mistrusting people

so they can release something that kills everyone who hasnt had the vaccine ffs

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
also i dont trust anybody, but their plan could be to keep all the sheep people and kill off all the mistrusting people

so they can release something that kills everyone who hasnt had the vaccine ffs
Haha,
We can only hope

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well apparently some in the US are getting their employers to sign a liability contract if forced to take one because the government/big pharma won't take responsibility for it.
Nah, that's a anti-vax myth. The company I work for is US based. We have had the emails going around dispelling vaccine myths. One of those myths is that you have to sign a waiver before getting the vaccine.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, in the US they have a fund set up purely for people who have adverse reactions to vaccines. But they've made it exceptionally difficult to actually get money out of the fund.

Pharmaceutical companies generally avoid liability with any vaccine though. It's a sort of blanket protection but it only protects against unforeseeable side effects.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't really want to get it tbh and i'm not anti vax... just a little skeptical.
Living pretty isolated in Kempsey now and we have never had a case here as far as i'm aware... so for myself i don't see the point.
However working in a government job with transport drivers from Sydney and Hunter dropping in daily, perhaps my work may try make it mandatory.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's just accountable resonance like quite simply intellegance or intellect flows from reason or vice versa what is the right thing to do I believe it's vaccinating because the children are the future not you
It seems in the majority of Covid cases that children are less at risk compared to the elderly and vulnerable. All our strategies to date have been about protecting the vulnerable, reducing transmission and keeping control of our health system. As a father of two young girls, I also owe it to their futures that I keep myself as healthy as possible in the long term and that includes being wary about what is put into my body.

In terms of transmission we have no guarantees about the level of the vaccine's success as someone else pointed out. I read the other day we are still likely to have to undergo lockdowns or other restrictions if covid cases occur even if most of us are vacinated. If that is correct then it sort of defeats the whole selling point of the vaccine - going back to our normal lives and open borders.

I'd be interested to know if the Chinese Govt has administered any vaccines yet as I believe they know more about covid-19 than anyone else despite what they say or don't say.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That said, in the US they have a fund set up purely for people who have adverse reactions to vaccines. But they've made it exceptionally difficult to actually get money out of the fund.

Pharmaceutical companies generally avoid liability with any vaccine though. It's a sort of blanket protection but it only protects against unforeseeable side effects.
From memory didn't the Aus Gov't do something similar. I seem to recall they were waiving liability for the pharmaceutical companies that produce our vaccines.