• Total voters

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Will you take it?

You can remain anonymous if you wish, just interested how we think on here.

Myself with my condition I can't take it until the Professors clear us for it. Mind you they didn't let us even take the normal flu shot the last 2 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would recommend everyone talk to their doctor before taking it. I'll take it myself asap as I'm aware of the side effects (which there's barely any) and there has been over 200 million people who have received the vaccine with 0 deaths and 0 long term side effects linked to the vaccine.

So personally I think that's enough safety testing for me. But as I said, discuss it with your Doctor and follow your doctor's advice.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Responses so far are fair and reasonable IMO

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If a vaccine could add an extra chromosome I would be very impressed. Seriously. That would be one of the most amazing breakthroughs in the last 100 years. Even CRISPR can't add an extra chromosome.
Hack, you know more about this type of shit, is this conspiracy that the shot alters DNA plausible or outright sci-fi bullshit?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hack, you know more about this type of shit, is this conspiracy that the shot alters DNA plausible or outright sci-fi bullshit?
Sci-fi bullshit.

There's only one technology we have that can edit DNA. It's called CRISPR and it's extremely complex. But even then it doesn't exactly alter your DNA like you would think. It's basically programmable bacteria that snips your DNA.

The vaccine is also RNA based. Completely different to DNA. An RNA vaccine affecting DNA is literally impossible. Couldn't happen no matter how much technology you put in it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It can man trust me. But you can get another vaccine for Down syndrome
It can't. Not possible. Also, you can't vaccinate for down syndrome because it happens before you're born. During pregnancy an improper cell division causes a duplicate of chromosome 21. It can't happen after you're born because the required cell division has already taken place.

Unless the vaccine can also put you back in your mother's womb and revert you to zygote form.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it will turn me into a flash eating zombie than definitely yes.
I dont want to be a sheep, not take it and then be eaten by zombies.
I think that makes sense.

But seriously I still dont know.
Anyone point me to data/info of long term effects?