Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Hopefully deaths have peaked and everything is dropping off now
I should put this in the grinds my gears thread and I have said this before but it seems the new cool and I use that as in I will fucking head butt them is to now go oh ohhh oh wow you actually haven’t had it oh right okay wow I’m well you should be fine like I was it’s not that bad. I just can’t believe you haven’t had it… You’ll be fine I’m sure..

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very well presented report.
Concise and to the point.

The hope here is that reinfections are far less chance to result in hospitilisations even if some ppl still do end up in there (most likely oldies)

I think it reinforces the idea that we confidently move forward and live with the virus. Hopefully we have hit peak and can see hospitilisations down to around 500 in next couple of months.

It cant ever be zero nor can deaths be. Just have to acknowledge and compare it to normal flu mortality rates.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On Friday both hospitalisations and ICU admissions went down for the second consecutive day after weeks of slow, unrelenting growth. Both those figures are below NSW Health's best case scenario modelling. A phenomenal result
So all along on the road map out they said it cases would increase but we got to learn to live with it omicron came along a shook it up a bit ,which around the world is unavoidable it something every area in the world will face so what was the major problem ?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Friday both hospitalisations and ICU admissions went down for the second consecutive day after weeks of slow, unrelenting growth. Both those figures are below NSW Health's best case scenario modelling. A phenomenal result
So all along on the road map out they said it cases would increase but we got to learn to live with it omicron came along a shook it up a bit ,which around the world is unavoidable it something every area in the world will face so what was the major problem ?
No big problem for those that looked at it from a bigger picture. Its only a problem if you are trying to supress the virus and keep deaths to zero (impossible).

The key current problem is the impacts on hospital staff resources- not capacity.

One could say that the true capacity of hospitals is reduced due to staff shortages, but this is now getting under control and staff that have caught the virus will be auto- immune for months.

Looks like we are finally getting on top of even Omikron. The downward trends suggest it anyway.

Next step would be to remove isolation to all but confirmed cases or people with symptoms. Once we get to that, you'll see NSW hospitalisations down to around 300-500 and we can get on with life.

The light at end of tunnel is near folks!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Final Update

Copped the rona.

below is how it’s going so far

I’ve thrown up a couple of times as well
Appetite is none existent and I have a weird taste in my mouth

Day 1 sore throat
Day 2 - aches and pains slight cough - did a rat- negative
Day 2 night - 40 temps shivering uncontrollably
Day 3 - fever still and tired slight cough did a rat- positive
Day 4 - slight fever and tired and cough
Day 4 night I didn’t sleep one bit I feel asleep about 5.50am and woke up 9
Day 5 - slight fever and tired and cough
Day 5 arvo - 4 hour sleep feel like shit
Day 5 went to sleep at 4am not sure why I can’t sleep but fk it’s annoying
Day 6 feeling heaps better slight cough and not as tired. I’m going to miss my covid arvo nana naps
Day 7 - feeling ok still a bit tired cough is worse then previously and I got shortness of breath maybe because I’m did more today
Day 8 - felt ok still tired but cough is worse
Day 9 - same as above cough is fking annoying
Day 10 - tested negative for the rona I still have the rona cough
Day 11 / 12 - we moved into our house so I’ve been moving boxes and a few van loads of stuff. Had to sit down at some stages I was just exhausted and out of breath. I’ve still got the rona cough which comes on at random times.

I give the virus a solid 7 out of 10 for how bad I felt and after effects.
If I copped the other variants it would of been an 8/9

stay safe everyone and if you do get It I pray you’re ok

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Will wait for @Mr 95% to post the data but third day in a row infections, hospitalisations and ICU numbers are down. Looks like we’ve peaked :-).
You’re being a bit too positive mate pardon the pun. Maybe watch the ABC and re-tweet a few tweets from bed wetters :tearsofjoy:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Final Update

Copped the rona.

below is how it’s going so far

I’ve thrown up a couple of times as well
Appetite is none existent and I have a weird taste in my mouth

Day 1 sore throat
Day 2 - aches and pains slight cough - did a rat- negative
Day 2 night - 40 temps shivering uncontrollably
Day 3 - fever still and tired slight cough did a rat- positive
Day 4 - slight fever and tired and cough
Day 4 night I didn’t sleep one bit I feel asleep about 5.50am and woke up 9
Day 5 - slight fever and tired and cough
Day 5 arvo - 4 hour sleep feel like shit
Day 5 went to sleep at 4am not sure why I can’t sleep but fk it’s annoying
Day 6 feeling heaps better slight cough and not as tired. I’m going to miss my covid arvo nana naps
Day 7 - feeling ok still a bit tired cough is worse then previously and I got shortness of breath maybe because I’m did more today
Day 8 - felt ok still tired but cough is worse
Day 9 - same as above cough is fking annoying
Day 10 - tested negative for the rona I still have the rona cough
Day 11 / 12 - we moved into our house so I’ve been moving boxes and a few van loads of stuff. Had to sit down at some stages I was just exhausted and out of breath. I’ve still got the rona cough which comes on at random times.

I give the virus a solid 7 out of 10 for how bad I felt and after effects.
If I copped the other variants it would of been an 8/9

stay safe everyone and if you do get It I pray you’re ok
Were you triple vaxxed?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You’re being a bit too positive mate pardon the pun. Maybe watch the ABC and re-tweet a few tweets from bed wetters :tearsofjoy:
Sorry, sorry.
What I should’ve said was that the numbers are trending down but not fast enough and that’s somehow Morrison’s fault.

You gotta wonder though - if (and yes it’s an if) the numbers fall off a cliff in the next 2 weeks that McGowan delaying WA’s re-opening to April was a tad premature and the wrong call?

Better keep that egg on face avatar handy mate :-).

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, sorry.
What I should’ve said was that the numbers are trending down but not fast enough and that’s somehow Morrison’s fault.

You gotta wonder though - if (and yes it’s an if) the numbers fall off a cliff in the next 2 weeks that McGowan delaying WA’s re-opening to April was a tad premature and the wrong call?

Better keep that egg on face avatar handy mate :-).
I actually think what McGowan has done is not too bad.... a soft re-opening is best for them. Not sure what their hospital capacities are but with such a low covid infection rate previously, they are actually in a bad spot to have an outbreak.

Some people dont realise this, but actually having many people already infected with covid is actually less risk for future hospitalisations.

WA needs to allow in people on compassionate grounds as well as covid controlled sportspersons to get a feel and progressively open up.

In fact if they can start infecting their hospital staff now, theyll be better for it once they fully open up.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think what McGowan has done is not too bad.... a soft re-opening is best for them. Not sure what their hospital capacities are but with such a low covid infection rate previously, they are actually in a bad spot to have an outbreak.

Some people dont realise this, but actually having many people already infected with covid is actually less risk for future hospitalisations.

WA needs to allow in people on compassionate grounds as well as covid controlled sportspersons to get a feel and progressively open up.

In fact if they can start infecting their hospital staff now, theyll be better for it once they fully open up.
Sure, I wasn’t talking about the method, opening up bit by bit isn’t wrong - but delaying full scale opening until April seems extreme at this point. There’s both health and economic considerations and WA is a bit like Scotland - likes to puff the chest but is no chance of standing on their own at the end of the day.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even the much talked of twitterers and ABC factual article writers are happy that Omicron looks like it is peaking in NSW, with this wave. Surely everyone, no matter how prepared they are to evaluate the way the Omicron wave has been handled, is happy about that.

Qld peak a week or two away CHO is predicting so hopefully good news for Qld and the rest of the other states who are experiencing deaths and hospitalisations..but it's not over till we know how schools handle going back.

Many parents aren't celebrating just yet and apprehensive but hopefully children can get at least one vax done, if parents decide to go that way before school returns, RATs and air filtering in classrooms.

Hopefully we are all back on track to resume work, re-open businesses, find RATs tests, supply chains replenished and hospitalisations and death drasticly reduce. That's the goal and what we all want.

Status
Not open for further replies.