• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So are you are saying you reckon the average blue collar joe, or self employed, will still carry on mixing in the community if they get positive confirmation of Covid anyway and not be bothered isolating anyway?
I’ve said this and probably not smart to put it in writing but first time god forbidding I don’t get too sick I will isolate do the right thing all that but next time I feel sick as long as again it’s hardly anything nup not happening can’t afford it I work for myself and that’s just how it is my missus wasn’t impressed but she is a deputy school principal and gets as much time off as she wants so anyway i feel I’m playing out me and my wife’s argument on here so I’ll stop but yeah I can’t see me isolating 2 or 3 times. Not a chance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve said this and probably not smart to put it in writing but first time god forbidding I don’t get too sick I will isolate do the right thing all that but next time I feel sick as long as again it’s hardly anything nup not happening can’t afford it I work for myself and that’s just how it is my missus wasn’t impressed but she is a deputy school principal and gets as much time off as she wants so anyway i feel I’m playing out me and my wife’s argument on here so I’ll stop but yeah I can’t see me isolating 2 or 3 times. Not a chance.
Ok thanks for being up front about your probable decision.

"It's complicated" hey.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ok thanks for being up front about your probable decision.

"It's complicated" hey.
Very complicated..How many times can you isolate? I know someone that did the 14 days twice because they had it then have had it a third time (first time got quite sick, next two as double vaxxed felt okay) but is doing the 7 at the moment on their third time getting it so that’s 35 days off and she can’t work from home. Lucky her employer has been good but I’m my employer and I’m loosing I have know idea but a lot of money having a month off. They will have to change the isolation rules in the future for sure.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very complicated..How many times can you isolate? I know someone that did the 14 days twice because they had it then have had it a third time (first time got quite sick, next two as double vaxxed felt okay) but is doing the 7 at the moment on their third time getting it so that’s 35 days off and she can’t work from home. Lucky her employer has been good but I’m my employer and I’m loosing I have know idea but a lot of money having a month off. They will have to change the isolation rules in the future for sure.
But the more people out there with it running around, the more it will spread they say and continue it's work/life wrecking ways.

No easy answers.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
But the more people out there with it running around, the more it will spread they say and continue it's work/life wrecking ways.

No easy answers.
I agree but after two and a half years of trying to do everything it’s just not working and I really have to get on with it. But I get it it’s so complicated to know what to do

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but after two and a half years of trying to do everything it’s just not working and I really have to get on with it. But I get it it’s so complicated to know what to do
I was under the impression that fines were still in play for not isolating if you have Covid.

It's a bit of a bad time to be taking that stance anyway. My housemate was saying that a 5yo and a 2yo both died of Covid in NSW the last couple of days.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I was under the impression that fines were still in play for not isolating if you have Covid.

It's a bit of a bad time to be taking that stance anyway. My housemate was saying that a 5yo and a 2yo both died of Covid in NSW the last couple of days.
That’s fair enough but I can’t see myself isolating 4 or 5 times if that’s the policy. I’m just being honest with myself.

Very selfish but it is going to happen and would already be happening. People just won’t get tested the 4th or 5th time they wake up with a sore throat. And I know we all have woken up
with symptoms on this forum and gone well I fucking have a runny nose quite often I’m not getting tested.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Reality is, right at this moment, a huge proportion of the population have self imposed sheltering lockdowns anyway which ....with no end in sight and as well as vulnerable feeling like they're being told "ya on ya own, we really don't care enough", has stopped most commerce anyway.

Whichever way you look at it IMO, things wont improve till we get it back under control somehow...that means some sort of measures, not LetItRip. It's not going to just die out bc it's getting continually fed and growing. We'll get it again probably at least a few times. Present measures didn't, and aren't, working.

But I know a lot on here don't agree with that.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality is, right at this moment, a huge proportion of the population have self imposed sheltering lockdowns anyway which ....with no end in sight and as well as vulnerable feeling like they're being told "ya on ya own, we really don't care enough", has stopped most commerce anyway.

Whichever way you look at it IMO, things wont improve till we get it back under control somehow...that means some sort of measures, not LetItRip. It's not going to just die out bc it's getting continually fed and growing. We'll get it again probably at least a few times. Present measures didn't, and aren't, working.

But I know a lot on here don't agree with that.
Only reason I believe we disagree is that we are highly vaccinated , the virus is everwhere and it’s warm Weather and combined with 2 years of restrictions people are over it and want Normalcy back.

If I we’re WA I would continue on that path , SA/Tas/QLD I think opened bordered prematurely but in saying that how long could they justify having closed borders with vax rate numbers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only reason I believe we disagree is that we are highly vaccinated , the virus is everwhere and it’s warm Weather and combined with 2 years of restrictions people are over it and want Normalcy back.

If I we’re WA I would continue on that path , SA/Tas/QLD I think opened bordered prematurely but in saying that how long could they justify having closed borders with vax rate numbers
People can want normalcy back all they want...Covid rulez atm.

WA would be totally as foolish to wreck their ecomony as the rest of us...they have had the opportunity to NOT do as Qld did and cave in to pressure. How's that worked out? ....but in saying that, they never signed up for Perrottet's complete dropping of all measures to curb C19, just as Omicron took off.

With an adjoining border, the media, Morrison and 2 NSW Premiers with an opinion on our closed borders, and in an outrage about it, it was never going to be easy for Alphabet to hold out much longer. People wanted to come home. Ideally they should have facilitated Qlders returning home first for Christmas and then re-assessed tourists but it didnt happen and now we are where we are.

I just can not see this Covid thing sorting itself out and I agree with the epideamiologists.

You want it over, you have to deal with it. Not let it infect the whole country (except WA who are laughing).

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are you are saying you reckon the average blue collar joe, or self employed, will still carry on mixing in the community if they get positive confirmation of Covid anyway and not be bothered isolating anyway?
Nope. What i am saying is. If they are positive. But not symptomatic. You got buckleys of them staying home for the full 7days, let alone registering their test so they can get punished for not staying home. Its just not going to happen.

People are going to stop getting tested

I had 3days of symptoms. Negative all 3 days. 4th day, fine, no symptoms, feel 100%, i tested positive. In iso for 7days. 5th day i tested negative. I still have to isolate for another 6 days. LoL. If i was self employed, I'd be going to work.

Or look what my sparky mate said he'll do, "fuk em re. By the time i get symptoms, i would have spread the fuker anyway. No test for me, ill stay home sick and send the boys to the site. As soon as i am 100%, I'm back there with em" then continued to say "they stop me working again I'll be at the riots coughing on every c**t"

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nope. What i am saying is. If they are positive. But not symptomatic. You got buckleys of them staying home for the full 7days, let alone registering their test so they can get punished for not staying home. Its just not going to happen.

People are going to stop getting tested

I had 3days of symptoms. Negative all 3 days. 4th day, fine, no symptoms, feel 100%, i tested positive. In iso for 7days. 5th day i tested negative. I still have to isolate for another 6 days. LoL. If i was self employed, I'd be going to work.

Or look what my sparky mate said he'll do, "fuk em re. By the time i get symptoms, i would have spread the fuker anyway. No test for me, ill stay home sick and send the boys to the site. As soon as i am 100%, I'm back there with em" then continued to say "they stop me working again I'll be at the riots coughing on every c**t"
Ok thanks for explaining your reasoning :grinning:

Ok for me....I'm retired. Can stay at home if I chose but I understand your attitude towards this. I don't think it's gonna help get things back to normalcy but each person needs to do what they need to do to come out the other side of this bloody thing. Understood.

You guys hopefully can understand us cautious members of the public also who want it to end as well.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Alan I'm glad you won't be going to work with Covid at the aged care home.

Tho now they want infected nurses, doctors, truck drivers and emergency/essential workers going to work...so I suppose they'll drop the iso requirements in that industry as well and let the strongest in nursing homes survive :(

Teachers next?

It's what it seems to have come to...or rapidly approaching that.

Not the right approach in my mind and if it's come to that then heaven help us.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alan I'm glad you won't be going to work with Covid at the aged care home.

Tho now they want infected nurses, doctors, truck drivers and emergency/essential workers going to work...so I suppose they'll drop the iso requirements in that industry as well and let the strongest in nursing homes survive :(

Teachers next?

It's what it seems to have come to...or rapidly approaching that.

Not the right approach in my mind and if it's come to that then heaven help us.
It's going to be difficult but I think it's something they'll have to do. Maybe not in nursing homes, but for supply chain and most other professions.

Which will make vaccine mandates more important as no one wants to deal with the legality of an unvaccinated worker catching the virus on the job and dying.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's going to be difficult but I think it's something they'll have to do. Maybe not in nursing homes, but for supply chain and most other professions.

Which will make vaccine mandates more important as no one wants to deal with the legality of an unvaccinated worker catching the virus on the job and dying.
These issues should have been thought of before LetItRip over Xmas/NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.