Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lets say if you are 99% sure you have had covid. But didnt test for whatever reason.

Can you still get the booster? Is it safe? To get the booster and recently have covid?
Depends how you answer the questions.
When I got boosted they asked if I’d had the Rona. I honestly answered no because I’ve never tested positive and if I’ve had it I didn’t know (asymptomatic / unlikely) but if you’ve tested positive they simply say now once symptoms have gone and you no longer have to isolate you should be eligible for a booster. Only in certain circumstances they might make you wait 3 months post infection. Re: safety - all initial data suggests there’s no major increased risk but they admit initial data is still limited which is why they’re collecting more via the follow up survey post vax.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets say if you are 99% sure you have had covid. But didnt test for whatever reason.

Can you still get the booster? Is it safe? To get the booster and recently have covid?
Yep. Perfectly safe to get the booster. The reason why they originally recommended not getting a vaccine for 6 months after infection is because getting infected is like getting a vaccine. So getting a vaccine immediately after would be a waste of vaccine.

That said, if you're not sure if you got infected then you may as well get a booster just in case. Also good to get a booster anyway as it may become a requirement for travel.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you gots covids and the dog finds your dump rag and eats it , can the dog get jizz covids?
A common question. The answer is quite simple. I believe it was one of Australia's leading health professionals who said, "the fuck is wrong with you? Dude? Just wash the rag like any normal human. Or use a human as a dump rag"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A common question. The answer is quite simple. I believe it was one of Australia's leading health professionals who said, "the fuck is wrong with you? Dude? Just wash the rag like any normal human. Or use a human as a dump rag"
Ok its will go on a 56 minute cycle once it passes the pooch

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So now I am no longer considered fully vaccinated as I have not had my booster......... through no fault of my own. Under the new guidelines I must wait until the end of February beginning of March to be eligible for that booster. School starts back on 28th January....
I work in a school and am awaiting the new deadline to be announced next week to be fully vaccinated otherwise I can't attend school...well I shall be in the same boat as a lot of my peers and if teachers can't be at school ( and some have resigned because they didn't want the vaccine) if not classed as fully vaxxed we could be looking at home schooling again or poor schooling with the ratio of teachers to kids screwed. AND on top of that the roll out of jabs for kids is up in the air due to possible supply issues....what a bloody mess...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, who knows other than it’s everywhere.

Found out another 4 people I know today have it. Reckon my luck in dodging it thus far might run out soon enough. Wise choice to cut it short and head home for iso. Sucks at this time of year, but: personal responsibility. Hope you recover quickly.
Hubby got a call from a workmate who has just tested positive along with his wife (luckily had no contact for a few weeks with him), niece has it, friend has it, daughters boyfriend and his whole family have it...

Touch wood..... dogluva has avoided it to this time but have had plenty of alerts where possibility of contact with a positive case could have occurred. Feeling okay and still able to do my circuit classes and bike riding without issue. really dont want it.....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hubby got a call from a workmate who has just tested positive along with his wife (luckily had no contact for a few weeks with him), niece has it, friend has it, daughters boyfriend and his whole family have it...

Touch wood..... dogluva has avoided it to this time but have had plenty of alerts where possibility of contact with a positive case could have occurred. Feeling okay and still able to do my circuit classes and bike riding without issue. really dont want it.....
Great dodge work @dogluva!
Keep it up - nice balance between caution and living, which you’ve gotta do.
Fingers crossed you’re able to keep it at bay!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How ironic,The NRL forced players to get vaccinated, yet players have to avoid indoor venues as well as other restrictions. The RLPA need to fix that fiasco

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How ironic,The NRL forced players to get vaccinated, yet players have to avoid indoor venues as well as other restrictions. The RLPA need to fix that fiasco
NRL never forced players to get vaccinated. The clubs and states are the ones pushing them to get vaccinated.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL never forced players to get vaccinated. The clubs and states are the ones pushing them to get vaccinated.
How ironic, Players were forced to get vaccinated to play NRL, yet players have to avoid indoor venues as well as other restrictions. The RLPA need to fix that fiasco

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the vaccinations are not holding, wondering did the chain keep it at the freezing temperature the whole time like it was supposed to.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the vaccinations are not holding, wondering did the chain keep it at the freezing temperature the whole time like it was supposed to.
Yep. Nothing to do with vial storage. The immune system just doesn't hold on as long as we would like.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covid-positive nurses are working in NSW hospitals due to severe staffing shortages
Exclusive: Infected nurses recalled from isolation in breach of state health protocols ‘working with healthy staff and non-Covid patients’

but THe VirUs is SO deAdddly ..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Perfectly safe to get the booster. The reason why they originally recommended not getting a vaccine for 6 months after infection is because getting infected is like getting a vaccine. So getting a vaccine immediately after would be a waste of vaccine.

That said, if you're not sure if you got infected then you may as well get a booster just in case. Also good to get a booster anyway as it may become a requirement for travel.
Just in case ? You are by far the most arrogant fuck wit on here. Safe ? Where’s the studies like every other vaccine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.