• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you guys have any quarantine rules atm?

Was it a return OS traveller?

Anyone know if every returning OS traveller is supposed to be double vaxxed or not?
Rules are that you don't have to quarantine if you're double vaxxed. Non-vaxxed have to quarantine for 14 days. Vaxxed still have to get tested after they arrive, but they have up to 24 hours to get tested, and it can take a day or two to get the result.

They put in a rule 2 days ago saying that you now need to get a PCR test on arrival and self-isolate until you get a result.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rules are that you don't have to quarantine if you're double vaxxed. Non-vaxxed have to quarantine for 14 days. Vaxxed still have to get tested after they arrive, but they have up to 24 hours to get tested, and it can take a day or two to get the result.

They put in a rule 2 days ago saying that you now need to get a PCR test on arrival and self-isolate until you get a result.
Self administered, self-isolate rule? Oh.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hey come on mate at least they’ll be prepared for the next once in a hundred year pandemic although the decor might be a bit out of date. A quick duck down to Spotlight in Dalby or whatever will fix that haha
Will the doona covers come with Mustangs logos? :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently hospitalisations in South Africa are sky-rocketing, which suggests that Omicron may not be as mild as first thought.

But at the same time, no one has died from it. The South African doctor who flagged if also said that the symptoms are mild, but Australian and American medical experts stated that she's only dealing with young, healthy people.

But the comments from the SA doctor suggest that she was taking about all patients. Not just the young.

Time will tell, but considering that it has been around for at least 3 weeks and there's no recorded deaths, I'm thinking this will be much milder than Delta.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Apparently hospitalisations in South Africa are sky-rocketing, which suggests that Omicron may not be as mild as first thought.

But at the same time, no one has died from it. The South African doctor who flagged if also said that the symptoms are mild, but Australian and American medical experts stated that she's only dealing with young, healthy people.

But the comments from the SA doctor suggest that she was taking about all patients. Not just the young.

Time will tell, but considering that it has been around for at least 3 weeks and there's no recorded deaths, I'm thinking this will be much milder than Delta.
It’s a tough one when that regions vaccination rate is less than 40% first dose and their genetic sequencing is rarely done on positive cases. I wonder how many hospitalizations are precautionary due to the new strain and a patients vulnerability if not many are dying

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many factors involved to say for sure. The rise in cases could be due to the rise of Omicron, but it could also be a standard new wave like all other countries are seeing.

Cases drop, lockdowns and other measures start relaxing, people think it's over so they get a false sense of security, then cases start rising again.

It could be purely due to Omicron, but based on time between detection and spread of the other variants, it's more likely that Omicron has been around for a fair few months and only detected recently.

Either that or it's one of the most infectious diseases in the world. More likely that it has been around for a while.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Too many factors involved to say for sure. The rise in cases could be due to the rise of Omicron, but it could also be a standard new wave like all other countries are seeing.

Cases drop, lockdowns and other measures start relaxing, people think it's over so they get a false sense of security, then cases start rising again.

It could be purely due to Omicron, but based on time between detection and spread of the other variants, it's more likely that Omicron has been around for a fair few months and only detected recently.

Either that or it's one of the most infectious diseases in the world. More likely that it has been around for a while.
Live animation is one of the bed wetters I talk about and makes sense why people get scared. I’ve now read 100 times Omicron may be quite contagious but symptoms are very mild.
It’s interesting that the plane that arrived in Australia with omnicron on board wasn’t a super-spreader event when this strain is so bad according to the media and some “experts”. The woman with omnicron in Sydney also went to 14 venues and no cases yet

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Back testing of infection in Netherlands pre-dating South African announcement now.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Live animation is one of the bed wetters I talk about and makes sense why people get scared. I’ve now read 100 times Omicron may be quite contagious but symptoms are very mild.
It’s interesting that the plane that arrived in Australia with omnicron on board wasn’t a super-spreader event when this strain is so bad according to the media and some “experts”. The woman with omnicron in Sydney also went to 14 venues and no cases yet
Meh while japans boarders are puckering up tighter than a mouses anus, im thinking hawaii is my option early next year .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NOT SO OPEN AND SHUT
Leaders of the states and territories got together with Prime Minister Scott Morrison yesterday and decided they won’t make international arrivals isolate for longer than three days, the SMH reports. International students and visa-holders will wait another two weeks after the international border reopening was delayed til mid-December, in line with our Asia-Pacific neighbours, as Al Jazeera says. Victorian Premier Dan Andrews says he won’t be shutting his state border, and NSW counterpart Dom Perrottet says only incomers from nine African countries would go into 14-day hotel stints, AFR reports. Interestingly, Omicron has been found in the Netherlands dating back a week before it was thought to be found for the first time in South Africa, The Guardian says.

So what’s coming for us as the world grapples with this new variant? Commonwealth CMO Paul Kelly basically says ask me in two weeks — that’s when we will have a better idea. So far, we think Omicron has milder symptoms, and Moderna’s CEO says our vaccines are probably less effective against the variant, CNN says. It’s all taking place within a pretty intense fourth wave overseas — France had an astounding 47,000 new cases on Tuesday, while the UK had 39,716 cases, The Guardian’s live blog says.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Shocking (or not).
Not even dedicated quarantine facilities are bullet proof - multiple ‘escapes’ from Howard Springs:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Meh while japans boarders are puckering up tighter than a mouses anus, im thinking hawaii is my option early next year .
You should still be right mate. We should know where we stand with this by the end of next week but early indications are it’s a fizzer, especially with our high vaccination rate

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good thing this is looking to be a much weaker strain as a 5th case has been recorded in NSW. A woman came back, went to as many places as possible, then tested positive.

She went to the following venues:

● Coles, Top Ryde Shopping Centre: Friday, November 26, 9.30am to 10.45am

● Target Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 10.45am to 11am

● H&M Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11am to 11.15am

● The Athlete’s Foot, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11.15am to 11.30am

● JD Sports, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11.15am to 12pm

● Rebel Sports, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 12pm to 12.45pm

● IGA, North Wyong: Friday November 26, 6.15pm to 7pm

● Pizza Hut, Wyong: Friday November 26, 7pm to 7.15pm

● KFC North, Wyong: Friday November 26, 7.15pm to 7.30pm

● Woolworths, Wadalba: Friday November 26, 7.30pm to 8.15pm

● Aldi, Toukley: Saturday November 27, 4.45pm to 5.45pm
What's the go, is anyone isolating who went to the same shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.