Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Curfews being lifted.

NSW at 80% first dose. I assume that means 16+. Not sure how its going to be calculated going forward now than 12 - 15 year olds have been cleared to get the jab.
Correct with the 16 +

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Curfews being lifted.

NSW at 80% first dose. I assume that means 16+. Not sure how its going to be calculated going forward now than 12 - 15 year olds have been cleared to get the jab.
What curfews been lifted mate?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Curfews being lifted.

So i can go to woolies at 9pm now?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Curfews being lifted.

Aye was thinking how they going to add that one up ,maybe we need a new poll on the Kennel to figure it out

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was always guna get to the point of the pro vax vs anti vax and slow
The first dose statistics were always going to taper when getting close to 80% as we have and there will be a lag before the second dose reaches 80%
Even so when comparing us to the rest of the worlds vaccination rates it’s pretty incredible and everyone has done a great job

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see the different aspects that affect rate uptake.
Nsw kinda hit its peaks but will still get mid 80s in a few weeks ,Victoria more case more urgency are flying along, they will get over 80% also just need a rocket up qld,wa, sa, to get the national numbers up ,I still know people waiting for first jab in October so there surges and splutters , it will happen there's no doubt about that but in time for states to open up for Xmas I highly doubt

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The state government is reviewing COVID-19 hotspot boundaries following pressure from local MPs to free suburbs from harsher restrictions as vaccination rates rise. It will examine how areas with rising case numbers are targeted, including alternatives to blanket lockdowns such as restricting suburbs rather than entire local government areas. Above, Cabramatta is under hard lockdown, photo by Kate Geraghty.
However, new modelling from the Burnet Institute suggests the hard lockdown in west and south-west Sydney had the greatest impact on slowing the infection rate. Without it, there could be about 2000 cases a day by now and up to 4000 a day by the end of the month. The report warns tighter restrictions may be needed in areas where cases are still rising. University of Queensland vaccine researcher Paul Griffin said there was “no question” vaccines were also having an effect.
There are understandably a lot of questions about breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated people, but new data from England shows just how effective the vaccines are. Of 51,281 COVID deaths from January to July, 640 (1.2 per cent) were fully vaccinated, the BBC reports. But when you only include people who tested positive 14 days after their second dose (when the jab takes full effect), that number falls to 256 (0.5 per cent). More than 75 per cent of these “breakthrough deaths” were classified as “extremely vulnerable” (i.e. they had underlying conditions). While every death is a tragedy, the study reiterates how two doses of the vaccine greatly reduce the risk of death.
Finally, the state government is trialling a home quarantine program with Paralympians who returned from Japan earlier this month. NSW Health confirmed 17 athletes are quarantining at home for 14 days and are undergoing the same testing as those in the hotel system. Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the government is considering expanding the trial for all fully vaccinated people as the hotel system reaches its “use-by date”.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are understandably a lot of questions about breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated people, but new data from England shows just how effective the vaccines are. Of 51,281 COVID deaths from January to July, 640 (1.2 per cent) were fully vaccinated, the BBC reports. But when you only include people who tested positive 14 days after their second dose (when the jab takes full effect), that number falls to 256 (0.5 per cent). More than 75 per cent of these “breakthrough deaths” were classified as “extremely vulnerable” (i.e. they had underlying conditions).
Wonderful news

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure one of my neighbours has it health was there and talking about testing and getting anything they might need the whole family are Kiwis ,nice people about 7 in the house all work hard, hope they get through it ok.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure one of my neighbours has it health was there and talking about testing and getting anything they might need the whole family are Kiwis ,nice people about 7 in the house all work hard, hope they get through it ok.
They could be also isolating due to being deemed close contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.