Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why aren't big pharma and/or the government liable for death/injury from the vax?

That fkn stinks to me...
Because of the way global trading and IP laws have been worked out. Basically without that agreement there would be no vaccine, because the liability could potentially be huge.

I would prefer something middle ground, like, governments and vaccine companies agree to share an agreed fixed liability payment for the families of anyone for whom it is proven died from the vaccine. The problem there is that certain conspiracy wingnuts would take that as evidence for some crazy hoohah. Unfortunately these days governments and companies resist making just about ANY admission of a mistake or problem because of how often even tiny admissions get taken out of context.

What we have going on is probably the lesser evil of a range of evils.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
what's the go with qld slow vaxx? Is it political, lack of urgency or because us and vic are greedy guts the stuff? Even the hermit nation of Western Australia are up on the%
New South Wales
In NSW, 78.8 per cent NSW residents have had their first jab, and 46.5 per cent are fully vaccinated.

That's 9.2 million jabs in all.

The state has revealed its lockdown exit plan, which will be triggered when 70 per cent have had both doses.

With the gap between AstraZeneca shortened from 12 to as little as four weeks and three weeks left between Pfizer doses, that's expected in mid-October.

READ MORE: 'We will live with this virus': PM sets wheels in motion to open up

Victoria
In Victoria, 66.8 per cent of residents have rolled up their sleeves once. A total of 41 per cent are fully vaccinated.

That's a total of 5.8 million jabs.

EXPLAINED: How to get a coronavirus vaccine, state-by-state

Queensland
The Sunshine State has given 56.7 per cent of people one dose, and 38.3 per cent have had both.

That equals 3.9 million doses.

South Australia
A total of 59.4 per cent of South Australians have answered the call to get vaccinated - and 40.6 per cent have finished both doses.

That's a total of 1.4 million vaccines.

Western Australia
Western Australia might be ultra-cautious on reopening, but 57.2 per cent have had their first jab now, and 38.2 per cent are fully vaccinated.

More than 2 million doses have been used.

Australian Capital Territory
The ACT has had 77.1 per cent of people have one dose, and 51.4 per cent with both.

A total of 437,000 vaccines have been given out.

Northern Territory
In the NT, 60.2 per cent have had at least one dose, and 44.3 per cent are fully vaccinated. That's nearly 200,000 jabs in arms.

Tasmania
Tasmania has seen 66.6 per cent of people come forward for one dose, and 48.6 are fully jabbed.

They've administered just over half a million vaccines.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
what's the go with qld slow vaxx? Is it political, lack of urgency or because us and vic are greedy guts the stuff? Even the hermit nation of Western Australia are up on the%
They were on the news this morning saying that they are having trouble getting indigenous people to get vaccinated, though that may be an Australia wide thing not just in Qld. But it could be apart of why.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Denmark, who have 80% vaccination rate have removed all covid restrictions, including not needing a vaccine passport anymore, no masks except for at airports. Be interesting to keep an eye on them and see how it all goes.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough bro. I just feel for families that have to deal with that when basically forced to get the jab.
I don't think anyone was really excited to get the jab that poor chick on the coast months ago died at the time she had zero chances of getting covid it totally sucks buy we are in a position that this world has never seen before and it is fucked up millions dead millions sick and an untold amount of people who will have life long complications from covid ,the world's changed permanently we may or may not get back to being close to our old normal we all have 2 options to take in a position none of us want to be in .
The situation is fucked hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were on the news this morning saying that they are having trouble getting indigenous people to get vaccinated, though that may be an Australia wide thing not just in Qld. But it could be apart of why.
I don't think the indigenous population is all that big to make up enough number's, but with their low life expectancy and high rates of illness they be on thin ice

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Likely a combination of things. Supply, demand, population more spread out (there would be more than a million square km of QLD that would have barely noticed Covid has even existed). Can be hard to motivate the undecided where its a bit more of an effort to get jabbed and there doesn't feel like there's as much urgency. A major outbreak in QLD could (and hopefully would) change that (as long as its accompanied with some extra doses from Scomo's next round of international begging). Until then :grinning: :

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think the indigenous population is all that big to make up enough number's, but with their low life expectancy and high rates of illness they be on thin ice
You may be right about that as the indigenous only make up around 3.3% of the population, I was just pointing out an issue that involves vaccination rates to a degree. First-dose vaccination rates for First Nations people are 20 per cent lower than the national average so they have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.