Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My kid (3.5 yo) developed a fever today 37.5 to 37.9 degrees after a nap in the afternoon.

Few hours later our child care centre sent us a text saying we are close contacts, a child has caught covid and should get tested and self isolate. Needless to say, I’m worry as fuck!

My son’s temp is normal 36.5 but he is sweating more than usual.

Going to get tested first thing tomorrow morning.

Pray for me guys. Hopefully it’s nothing to worry about.
Best of luck man. Hope for a quick recovery

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro I think also take into consideration the statistical probability of long covid too (long covid seems to affect kids more) and then make the decision
That's why I said at this point in time. Once more data is found on the vax then I'd get them vaxxed.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My kid (3.5 yo) developed a fever today 37.5 to 37.9 degrees after a nap in the afternoon.

Few hours later our child care centre sent us a text saying we are close contacts, a child has caught covid and should get tested and self isolate. Needless to say, I’m worry as fuck!

Prayers sent to your son and your family.

God bless you and keep you safe my bro!

PS please let us know how the little soldier goes.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's why I said at this point in time. Once more data is found on the vax then I'd get them vaxxed.
Just don't forget that they have gone through clinical trials which is why they'll be seeking approval and once approved I think we'll see a quick ramp up, worldwide, of vaccination of kids, so that data should be available relatively quick

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hope for the best mate. It's extremely rare for a kid that age to have any real effects from it, and being the husband of a woman who works in childcare, I know how many different diseases are floating around so it could be anything.

I'm hoping it's just a fever. Wishing you all the best.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just don't forget that they have gone through clinical trials which is why they'll be seeking approval and once approved I think we'll see a quick ramp up, worldwide, of vaccination of kids, so that data should be available relatively quick
Just extra cautious when it comes to kids.

If it works then I have to protect them.

PS which one is approved for kids?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just extra cautious when it comes to kids.

If it works then I have to protect them.

PS which one is approved for kids?
None yet, Pfizer are on schedule to seek approval in the coming weeks is the news. So technically they aren't even approved and could be rejected

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Good luck mate.
Hopefully just a coincidence and some Nurofen brings your little fella’s temp down…

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Shit man. Hope the tests come back negative. And if not, I’ll be wishing you all a quick and full recovery.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just putting this article out there. It's a lefty newspaper no doubt but they are referencing the Doherty and National Cab plans as well as NSW Health.

Maybe we all have to get far more proactive with friends and family about getting vaxxed. Worse case in this report not good.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

All the best mate, hopefully he's doing better this morning.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is Covid not dangerous anymore ?
not sure I understand the reasoning of preparing to open up while cases are so high
Three months ago the line was “ delta is worse than the original in terms of contagion and mortality “

now it’s … “ we need to learn to live with it “

obviously the lockdown is stuffing up the economy but this makes zero sense

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure I understand the reasoning of preparing to open up while cases are so high
Three months ago the line was “ delta is worse than the original in terms of contagion and mortality “

It's a combination of things. The primary one being the economic damage and social unrest. But also its the fact that "open up" is more of a buzz word. It's just a reduction in restrictions. There will still be many restrictions and mini-lockdowns.

Plus with 70% fully vaxxed that means almost all high risk will be vaccinated, and anyone who doesn't get vaccinated are putting themselves at risk.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

it was always about the hospitals not being overwhelmed. They don’t care if people die, they just dont want it happening in the car park of a hospital. It’s politically indefensible

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Heart felt prayers to your family mate.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When they said the Qld press conference was being done by the deputy premier from a festival in Redcliffe, i took that as a good sign.

Do feel for the hundreds doing iso at the moment (and grateful to them).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone see all the pics and vids of the entitled fucks at bondi with not even a mask on?

In the West they cuff you while your heart stops but in the east not even one cop for the thousands breaking the "law".

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 people died at home and didn't know they had C19?!

Be valuable to have those circumstances (generally) explained probably.

They are saying people not seeking medical assistance bc of their work?

It's more likely people being afraid they have it and thinking they might die alone in hospital maybe?

NSW records 1,599 COVID-19 cases as Health Minister urges people not to suffer silently
Sad and not saying it is the case here, but there are probably those who have not done the right thing and feel that they will get into trouble if they come forward. Still humans are funny species and you do see it a lot of the time where people know there is something wrong with them and they want to deny it is happening so they ignore it.

Work may play a part too but as has been said the govt at least has some mechanisms in place to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.