Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So lockdown and curfew in Western Sydney, how the heck do the cops get called to Blacktown at 10pm for a brawl at an intersection where 4 people are stabbed and one fatally.

Because Blacktown

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When gonzo Berejiklian says 70% double Deuce and 80% double Deuce does she mean this?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the issue has been that 12-15 year olds had not been approved by ATAGI for the vaxx . I think mid this month they can

you will find there will be a push in the school systems to get the kids done
Yup, and the hospital systems (AMA) are already pushing that they won't be able to cope if things open up too quickly.

I've had to take a household member to hospital twice in the last 7 days (only after talking to GP hotline and being told to). The system is already under a lot of pressure. Hospital is one place you do NOT want to be right now, if at all possible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was what I feared. It is the wrong number, misleading. Reality is that their version of 70% is actually less than 60%. That is no where near enough. UK did this, set the target based on an arbitrary percentage of vax eligible people having the vaccine. It is stupid. No epidemiologist that I've ever heard talk on this subject has given a recommendation of anything less than 90% of total population.

The outcome that matters is case numbers, especially numbers in hospital. Target should be based on case numbers, with the strong understanding that the faster the population gets vaccinated the faster those case numbers go down.

My concern is this narrative is being politicised by all parties but the opening up push is driven by idealogy and not scienced based with many Institutions and epidemiologists etc now coming out and disputing the Doherty assumptions and forecasts as these numbers grow. We need to not have our health relying on one research inst that experts in the field now question.

They've said how stupid would it be that you can fly to NY and not Perth.

But how stupid would it be to let, even a double vaxxed person with Delta, fly into Perth when they have no infections in that State.

That won't last too much longer where it doesn't spread but it seems unrealistic to expect the WA, Qld, NT, SA, Tas premiers sign their political death warrants with allowing C19 in at this stage. Its too premature to be considering it.

NSW and Vic and ACT need to get some control on their infections before we open up. If NZ had1200 infections a day, no one would be advocating we let them in so why would the infection free states do it (atm of course).

Australia has never had an appetite of accepting huge numbers of deaths, the overwhelming of health services and possible collapse, or consciously accepting children get Delta thru Govt decisions.
If this goes pear shaped the big pushers for this policy, will just step back like Homer into the bushes and let the States deal with it with us guys the meat in the sandwich to bear the brunt.

What McGown says makes sense. Why would they open up to bring in infection, the closing of business and be responsible for killing people.

It's all too depressing and out of control politicking with no sensible united plan taking in the realities of each State's situation.

Leadership is poor and just divisive at present.

People saying on here they're over it and I can't blame them but also this handling of our response is getting keystone cops like and very worrying.

Ol mate might be right. People are starting to get afraid. It doesn't inspire confidence with all the arguing going on between the Feds and States.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I get that much lol.
There's some special people there. Years ago some ***** tried to run me and a my mate over. Some of them got out and chased us on foot while the other was hammering it though the streets in his car. Never jumped so many fences so quickly haha. So yh, they probably wouldn't give a shit about curfew lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's some special people there. Years ago some ***** tried to run me and a my mate over. Some of them got out and chased us on foot while the other was hammering it though the streets in his car. Never jumped so many fences so quickly haha. So yh, they probably wouldn't give a shit about curfew lol
The ghetto bird is out every night and the cops pull over any car on the road.

There is an increase of bogans on dirt bikes now to escape the cops too.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern is this narrative is being politicised by all parties but the opening up push is driven by idealogy and not scienced based with many Institutions and epidemiologists etc now coming out and disputing the Doherty assumptions and forecasts as these numbers grow. We need to not have our health relying on one research inst that experts in the field now question.

They've said how stupid would it be that you can fly to NY and not Perth.

But how stupid would it be to let, even a double vaxxed person with Delta, fly into Perth when they have no infections in that State.

That won't last too much longer where it doesn't spread but it seems unrealistic to expect the WA, Qld, NT, SA, Tas premiers sign their political death warrants with allowing C19 in at this stage. Its too premature to be considering it.

NSW and Vic and ACT need to get some control on their infections before we open up. If NZ had1200 infections a day, no one would be advocating we let them in so why would the infection free states do it (atm of course).

Australia has never had an appetite of accepting huge numbers of deaths, the overwhelming of health services and possible collapse, or consciously accepting children get Delta thru Govt decisions.
If this goes pear shaped the big pushers for this policy, will just step back like Homer into the bushes and let the States deal with it with us guys the meat in the sandwich to bear the brunt.

What McGown says makes sense. Why would they open up to bring in infection, the closing of business and be responsible for killing people.

It's all too depressing and out of control politicking with no sensible united plan taking in the realities of each State's situation.

Leadership is poor and just divisive at present.

People saying on here they're over it and I can't blame them but also this handling of our response is getting keystone cops like and very worrying.

Ol mate might be right. People are starting to get afraid. It doesn't inspire confidence with all the arguing going on between the Feds and States.
just be mindful tho opening up , is not full slather letting it all rip . They talk loose but they will open up things gradually and to the vaxxed people … question Will be, will businesses comply.

the one big problem no one has talked about is the unvaccinated and mainly the anti vaxxers who will cause issues for business that Open up and the protests that will occur

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t know but top of my head I have many thoughts
- policing , laws , taxes governing the area
- potentially Still cause same issues for other regions close to tweed that tweed has with qld
- probably see longer term implications of a permanent border change
- Gladys doesn’t seem to like anatsatica
- stupidity of the deputy premier ( from both states lol )
- labour vs liberal
- would be a sign qld got it right and nsw didn’t (ie politics )
And Queensland wouldn’t give NSW a blade of grass if it was the other way around.
NSW prop up QLD financially so maybe QLD should give them the Gold Coast haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
PMSL when the Premier said we can exercise as long as we want.
Didn't know there was a time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.