• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
First the Muppets said get tested even if you haven't got symptoms now they are saying only get tested if you have symptoms.
Yeah. First they were trying to trace cases and shut it down fast. Now the testing system is overloaded, hospitals are under pressure, and they're just doing anything they can to minimise the pressure as they realised that they can't stop it any more.

So they don't want people tying up the testing system.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a bit sad today.. had a chat to my renter neighbour and he said the landlord evicted him. He said owner wants to move in. He said it’s near impossible to find a place to rent, trying to keep his kid in same school. He has a few weeks to go before he’s gone.

I know few renters can be trusted but he seems like a decent enough bloke, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt them at he paid the rent and it’s an unfortunate eviction. maybe he is a unicorn renter. But it’s a reminder to make sure you have things set as when things go wrong (Covid pandemic) they can really compound.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m a bit sad today.. had a chat to my renter neighbour and he said the landlord evicted him. He said owner wants to move in. He said it’s near impossible to find a place to rent, trying to keep his kid in same school. He has a few weeks to go before he’s gone.

I know few renters can be trusted but he seems like a decent enough bloke, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt them at he paid the rent and it’s an unfortunate eviction. maybe he is a unicorn renter. But it’s a reminder to make sure you have things set as when things go wrong (Covid pandemic) they can really compound.
You are such a dick…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Part of the problem here are essential requirements. I had an appointment last week and another this week that required me to present a negative test result from within 72 hours as a condition of entry even though I’m fully vaxxed. So that’s two C-19 tests I’ve had to do in the last week purely for process, not suspicion of infection. No wonder the system is clogged.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah. First they were trying to trace cases and shut it down fast. Now the testing system is overloaded, hospitals are under pressure, and they're just doing anything they can to minimise the pressure as they realised that they can't stop it any more.

Or are they now trying to discourage people from getting tested so that they can keep the numbers down so that they can get the economy going again?

Talk about mixed messages. Everyone step forward and get tested even if you have a little sniffle or cough once.. Oh no wait.. Actually.. Don't get tested unless you're on your death bed and you think you're dying from Covid..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Or are they now trying to discourage people from getting tested so that they can keep the numbers down so that they can get the economy going again?

Talk about mixed messages. Everyone step forward and get tested even if you have a little sniffle or cough once.. Oh no wait.. Actually.. Don't get tested unless you're on your death bed and you think you're dying from Covid..
Possible. But I think they've given up on that idea now. They're not going to open up until we reach vax targets.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possible. But I think they've given up on that idea now. They're not going to open up until we reach vax targets.
I was only playing devil's advocate. But I certainly wouldn't put it past them. They're in over their heads and will do anything to save their necks at this point.

It reminds me of The Wire when they were talking about juking the stats.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for asking and the well wishes guys, I am okay and nearly fully recovered might take a month or so for the virus to be fully gone from my system (very common with the cold and flu aswell in people) but I am not infectious to others.

My mother is also doing well, hopefully she is out in a week or so aswell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Chopper circling my area, is someone out breaking curfew? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for asking and the well wishes guys, I am okay and nearly fully recovered might take a month or so for the virus to be fully gone from my system (very common with the cold and flu aswell in people) but I am not infectious to others.

My mother is also doing well, hopefully she is out in a week or so aswell.
God bless her my bro.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would be surprised if it is better. Moderna uses the same stuff as Pfizer (mRNA based). There's not much difference between the two.
Weren't they trying to say it is more effective with less side effects?

Or just a sales pitch?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Weren't they trying to say it is more effective with less side effects?

Or just a sales pitch?
I would say it's probably sales pitch. They are different, but use the se delivery method, have almost exactly the same efficacy, and similar side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.