• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
he is a shareholder at pfizer and he didn't release the patent, outright lie and you should apologise within 24 hours, he held out, met with trade officials and argued that it should stay, then Biden administration made a decision to waive it and afterwards the Gates Foundation CEO released its support for the decision but Bill Gates hasnt said shit about it unless i missed it

to suggest this is a flaw in my argument is laughable, he was against it for a year and was overruled

well maybe it proves that gates is not the decider yet, but he is trying
Nah. The Biden administration put pressure on his by potentially waiving IP but that only relates to US interests. Gates Foundation made the decision to temporarily waive it for everyone

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slight error. I should have said that the pressure from Biden wasn't to get Gates to release a patent. The pressure was because Gates made a statement saying that he didn't think patents should be lifted.

The Biden Administration considered lifting patents then eventually the Gates Foundation changed its stance on temporarily lifting patents. Bill Gates didn't make a public statement himself.

More important to point out, this had nothing to do with any patent Gates holds. This was just a stance by Gates and the foundations. The patents are held by different parties. None are held by Gates.

I also made the error when I thought that Gates held the mRNA patent. Accidentally got information from a not so good source. Turns out that the mRNA patent is held by the University of Pennsylvania.

Bill Gates does not own any vaccine patents.

Pfizer own some patents and Gates Foundation are Pfizer shareholders, but they are only minority shareholders. They own several million in shares. Other share holders own billions each.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nah. The Biden administration put pressure on his by potentially waiving IP but that only relates to US interests. Gates Foundation made the decision to temporarily waive it for everyone

so you think this is a flaw in my argument? he finally bowed down to world pressure and after he lost a key decision by the biden administration

i think how hard he fought for so long clearly overshadows any of that and my argument holds up, but at least you tried something

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so you think this is a flaw in my argument? he finally bowed down to world pressure and after he lost a key decision by the biden administration

i think how hard he fought for so long clearly overshadows any of that and my argument holds up, but at least you tried something
See my next post

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Slight error. I should have said that the pressure from Biden wasn't to get Gates to release a patent. The pressure was because Gates made a statement saying that he didn't think patents should be lifted.

The Biden Administration considered lifting patents then eventually the Gates Foundation changed its stance on temporarily lifting patents. Bill Gates didn't make a public statement himself.

More important to point out, this had nothing to do with any patent Gates holds. This was just a stance by Gates and the foundations. The patents are held by different parties. None are held by Gates.

I also made the error when I thought that Gates held the mRNA patent. Accidentally got information from a not so good source. Turns out that the mRNA patent is held by the University of Pennsylvania.

Bill Gates does not own any vaccine patents.

Pfizer own some patents and Gates Foundation are Pfizer shareholders, but they are only minority shareholders. They own several million in shares. Other share holders own billions each.
what is your source for the Gates level of stock at pfizer, i have a $10 Billion investment figure in this vaccine and health sector by Gates, so don't try to downplay his role, $10,000,000,000.00

btw i would like to make a correction when i said that Gates is the 2nd biggest contributor to WHO, gates foundation is a leading sponsor of the GAVI vaccine alliance who also give money to WHO, so if you combined that with the original Gates Foundation money then it was ahead of the US government

so when you remember that organisation had close ties with china and were under its thumb, you should know that Gates gave 10 times the amount so maybe he is the WHO daddy and not china

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
what is your source for the Gates level of stock at pfizer, i have a $10 Billion investment figure in this vaccine and health sector by Gates, so don't try to downplay his role, $10,000,000,000.00

btw i would like to make a correction when i said that Gates is the 2nd biggest contributor to WHO, gates foundation is a leading sponsor of the GAVI vaccine alliance who also give money to WHO, so if you combined that with the original Gates Foundation money then it was ahead of the US government

so when you remember that organisation had close ties with china and were under its thumb, you should know that Gates gave 10 times the amount so maybe he is the WHO daddy and not china
Pfizer shareholders and amounts are public for anyone who holds more than a few million. Gates isn't on that list.

Also, there's a difference between being a shareholder and providing funding.

The Gates Foundation is a non-profit foundation. They don't make money off investments. The GAVI alliance is a charity. They don't make money. They help provide vaccines to poor countries.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the latest scare in Brisbane is a bloke that was staying at a back packers after doing his time in quarantine.
Dont want to make assumptions but I do find it odd why a returning Australian citizen would come home and choose to stay in a back packers.
Could very well be someone that was doing it hard money wise and I hope that is the case and that he wasn't a tourist.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So, realistically, how many deaths do you think would be worth it?
Would come down to many components. There age, did they suffer existing ailments prior to infection. It’s definitely a balancing act, but you can’t get emotional over the odd person dying every now and then. Especially considering there age. This stuff happens every day. If it were kids, different story.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would come down to many components. There age, did they suffer existing ailments prior to infection. It’s definitely a balancing act, but you can’t get emotional over the odd person dying every now and then. Especially considering there age. This stuff happens every day. If it were kids, different story.
People in their 80s die everyday so you are willing to sacrifice them all?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People in their 80s die everyday so you are willing to sacrifice them all?
For the greater good of the country if a certain number die I have no problem with it. Don’t twist my words and say all, as it won’t happen anyway. What’s the point if the debt racked up on keeping every single person alive diminishes our way of life.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
How many have died though??
It’s probably none but what about the talk innuendo and gossip and hatred they will face a lot of worry about older family members people being locked in at home now trying to organise people to come and bring groceries because they don’t even own a computer neighbours finding out someone in their building has it and the stigma of that the mental health side of having it and sitting watching the news all day talk about Covid and your group of funeral super spreaders. There are a million other reasons why it’s not great.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
For the greater good of the country if a certain number die I have no problem with it. Don’t twist my words and say all, as it won’t happen anyway. What’s the point if the debt racked up on keeping every single person alive diminishes our way of life.
As along as it’s not you or anyone you care about though hey?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So the latest scare in Brisbane is a bloke that was staying at a back packers after doing his time in quarantine.
Dont want to make assumptions but I do find it odd why a returning Australian citizen would come home and choose to stay in a back packers.
Could very well be someone that was doing it hard money wise and I hope that is the case and that he wasn't a tourist.
Brisbane Dogs fans:

Please check Qld Health updates on sites this latest guy has apparently visited. There's a couple of backpacker places (at the same time overnight!) so maybe theres more people in that group?

Plus several child care establishments, as well, one after the other?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.