• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Police: "You're only allowed to declare one person to visit your household for intimacy"

Old bloke: "I asked for Candy each day. Not my fault the escourt service has 10 women all named Candy"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Construction can take place on homes as long as there's no contact between the tradies/builders and the home owner.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are these year 12 ***** getting the vaccine?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
4 weeks lockdown extension confirmed for all of Greater Sydney.

177 new cases, 46 infectious in the community.

New rules:

- No shopping outside your LGA (or 10km outside your home)

Additional hard lockdown LGAs:

- Parramatta LGA
- Georges River LGA
- Campbelltown LGA
I called Parra and Campbelltown being next 2 weeks ago. It's somewhere in this thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But The workers that live in the LGA's still can't work right?
I think so. It's still a little vague right now. No construction is allowed inside those LGAs but they don't say if tradies will be allowed to leave those LGAs to work. I highly doubt it as they would need to list them as essential workers, and they're unlikely to do that.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless they have an exemption, which whatever the fuck that is ,will still be very confusing, to much for my head im going to go out for a walk enjoy the sun, and welcome my newest member to southys beer walking club, the new member is me and it would be rude if I didn't buy myself a beer very rude

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
- Regional NSW vaccines will be re-allocated to HSC students in the 8 hard lockdown LGAs.

- Root bubble, you can nominate one person who can visit your house for a root. But they have to live in your local government area and you can't have a different person each day. Just the one person. Gladys may or may not have used the word "root"
Does it say if the same person nominated can be nominated by multiple houses for that root ?
Asking for a friend :grinning:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Constructions sites can reopen in half of sydney, but half of Sydney's workforce can't visit construction sites in all of Sydney's constructions sites. Someone get me a lawyer to unpack these new rules. What does this mean for delay claims for contractors and tradesmen, the government is basically negating their claims with some very shonky legislation.

I.e. a construction site costs $x to run per day, but only 1 out of 4 workers can actually work, so your speed of construction is slowed down, takes you longer to build and all costs go up. But because the government has 'unpaused' construction, builders and tradesmen can't put their handout for delay costs

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People dont understand because they chose not to.

Example - Probably 60 people where I work her in QLD/Brisbane suburbia
No immediate threat at this point in time catching covid in the community.
Maybe 4 have had their 1st shot.
No-one else is interested and any time the subject is brought up, no-one wants to really talk about it or its Ill wait to see what happens.
People have pre-concieved ideas from what they have heard on tv, radio and social media.
Because Covid isnt/hasnt been an immediate threat (here in Brisbane),no one will do a bit of research for themselves to make an informed decision whether vaccination is for them or not.
Add to that, even if covid was rampant in the community, how many would actually do some research?

So just a small sample of a group of people.

Cant see how anyone including the government can project X amount of vaccinations will be distributed at a given time in the future.
‘yes whilst no cases in Brisbane - there isnt that urgency to get vaxxed - like was in Sydney till this latest outbreak , now many want too but can’t book in

when I was eligible I got it straight away before this mess as my reasoning was better to get it before the mad rush

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The goverments message is wrong.

They keep talking about deaths and what ifs. The people not complying honestly dont care because they dont see the deaths. They can picture the "what ifs"

They say vaccine will stop spread. Covid cases in UK at 50k a day with a high vaccination rate.

Your typical person from south west Sydney is going to look at that and go. "Oh they are lying to us re vaccine, lizard people, 5G, government are against us etc etc"

They need to just be honest and say, its the hospitalisation rate and the severity rate thats the issues and stop with this high case number or death scare campaign. High cases are only a concern in respect to hospitalisation.

Provide the stats in the UK and US, comparing bothing their outbreaks (pre and post mass vaccination) in respect to hospitalisation and intensive care patients.

The government underestimates the trust of people (particularly the ones of south west and Western sydney)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It seems like they are crashing the economy on purpose.

I can understand why CT's rave on about "The great reset" if they go off basic comprehension of this shit show.

Especially when they basically have shut down 90% of small business but corporate giants are allowed to trade.

I'm no tin foil hat guy but FMD at least question shit and critically think. Problem with both sides they don't encourage you to think, they force you to think like they do or you're either a sheep or a conspiracy nut.

Again, divide and conquer so you achieve order from chaos.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
50,000 people die from cancer in a year in australia, no national emergency, no cancer report each day about how many people have died from cancer

so 2 people die from covid and its in the news, about 130 people died from cancer yesterday, 130 today, 130 tomorrow, 130 thursday and 130 friday give or take

im just highlighting the differences in opinion, one is normal and the other is special

You can't live in a state of emergency forever. There comes a point where you have to learn to live with disease, at least until it can be prevented, or cured.

Luckily, COVID doesn't have a million causes, it is passed by transmission of a virus from one person to the next. There may not be a way to stop transmission occuring, but there is a way to attempt to limit transmission and to at very least reduce the severity of symptoms, so if your goal is to end the state of emergency, I'd think your most logical course of action would be to support the jab. There is very much a plan to help us learn to live with COVID. Nobody is talking about accepting a perpetual state of emergency, as much as it may feel like it.

If you want to advocate against certain products, services or lifestyle choices which increase cancer risk, go right ahead. But it is perfectly possible to be anti cancer and anti COVID at the same time. I think it is logical to take both an anti cancer and anti COVID stance. The only logical conclusion is that dragging cancer into the discussion is just an exercise in deflection and what aboutery.

Nobody is trying to argue that COVID is more dangerous to an individual than cancer. The issue is that it is easily transmitted from one person to the next. The only way cancer can be passed from one person to the next is through our genes. COVID causes severe enough symptoms and even death in enough people that widespread, uncontained transmission of the virus in unvaccinated people causes huge problems for a society.

Geez Rod, you must be pretty bored to spend so much time and effort drawing such a jarring false equivalence....lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.