Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's hardly a strategy? Shut everything down when there's a case of covid? LOL

A strategy would have looked something like having a purpose built quarantine facility away from metro Sydney, protocols in place for drivers transporting people from airport to quarantine, reducing intake from overseas and even stopping from hot spots over the globe, vaccine rollout that works etc.

That's a strategy that nobody really addressed for both State and Federal and it's disappointing that we still refer to a lockdown as an effective strategy to control covid. It isn't!

In saying that, one thing I really admire about Dan is that he has taken ownership and accountability from start to finish. Has not shifted the blame or 'responsibility' to his Health team as Glady's so eloquently says 'Based on Health Advice' lol. He fields questions and answers them from the media on their own merits and does not shy away. Can't say the same for Gladys and Anastacia.
Feds need to have the after burners applied to them for the slack quarantine facilities issue and get it done pronto.

This C19 and C23 (or whatever) is part of life now. For heck sake, get the country ready Scotty.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
They actually do a lot to reduce instances of cancer, and to reduce the impact of cancer when it does happen. Cancer is not transmissible, so the actions that are taken are very different to those taken for Covid.

Where are you hearing these ideas from Rod?
smoking is still allowed, sun tanning is still allowed, they haven't done everything possible to stop cancer, they should lock everybody down, force people to use umbrellas, force them to go to a government site and have someone check their balls and breasts every 3 days (i volunteer to check the breasts), have a full comprehensive royal commission about cancer technology and completely ban anything that increases cancer

if you want to get draconian then lets go all in

the Rodzilla brain which i guarantee is an incredible thinking machine is giving me these ideas

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hardly a strategy? Shut everything down when there's a case of covid? LOL

A strategy would have looked something like having a purpose built quarantine facility away from metro Sydney, protocols in place for drivers transporting people from airport to quarantine, reducing intake from overseas and even stopping from hot spots over the globe, vaccine rollout that works etc.

That's a strategy that nobody really addressed for both State and Federal and it's disappointing that we still refer to a lockdown as an effective strategy to control covid. It isn't!

In saying that, one thing I really admire about Dan is that he has taken ownership and accountability from start to finish. Has not shifted the blame or 'responsibility' to his Health team as Glady's so eloquently says 'Based on Health Advice' lol. He fields questions and answers them from the media on their own merits and does not shy away. Can't say the same for Gladys and Anastacia.
The last few lockdown's they've had is a result of a returning traveller from Adelaide and from an infected person in Sydney returning to Victoria. Unfortunately lockdowns still have a place as a strategy.

Even if purpose built quarantine facilities were built, there's still the chance that infection could spread. Yes quarantine facilities would be much better than the current hotel quarantine system but you can't completely wipe out that off chance of transmission.

Malla

Reaction score
The last few lockdown's they've had is a result of a returning traveller from Adelaide and from an infected person in Sydney returning to Victoria. Unfortunately lockdowns still have a place as a strategy.

Even if purpose built quarantine facilities were built, there's still the chance that infection could spread. Yes quarantine facilities would be much better than the current hotel quarantine system but you can't completely wipe out that off chance of transmission.
It would dramatically reduce the chances because all of the spreads have started with a person either transporting or working security at a hotel quarantine in the city. These are the facts, these are the root causes of the problems and they were not addressed.

I do not agree with lockdowns still having a place in the strategy, it should be nothing more than restrictions.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It would dramatically reduce the chances because all of the spreads have started with a person either transporting or working security at a hotel quarantine in the city. These are the facts, these are the root causes of the problems and they were not addressed.

I do not agree with lockdowns still having a place in the strategy, it should be nothing more than restrictions.
You reduce the chances a lot Malla, I'm not disagreeing with that. But look at the returned traveller, who was in hotel quarantine in Adelaide, returned multiple negative tests, was released from HQ and then flew to Melbourne, was out and about in the community and spread COVID.

The problem was, he returned multiple negative results. I don't know how you control that?

Malla

Reaction score
You reduce the chances a lot Malla, I'm not disagreeing with that. But look at the returned traveller, who was in hotel quarantine in Adelaide, returned multiple negative tests, was released from HQ and then flew to Melbourne, was out and about in the community and spread COVID.

The problem was, he returned multiple negative results. I don't know how you control that?
100% that risk will always exist and I think that's just going to be learning to live with covid.

Only way to control it is to get the vaccination I guess. Also what blows my mind is that Australia hasn't looked at Covid home testing kits? Or even tests with quicker results? At the least something more reasonable then going into a drive thru testing clinic and waiting for hours then waiting 24-48 hours to be given you results. This would go a lonnggg way to make living with covid easier.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile Victoria is coming out of lockdown tonight.

Say what you will about Chairman Dan, but his strategy works.
too late now - they can’t suppress it or get rid of it- each day too many in community spreading it .

if the feds and rest of the states don’t help us out with additional vaccines we are screwed .

‘’yes initial response in hindsight was wrong as this strain is far worse ( even Taiwan is struggling ).
lockdown no longer working as too many fuckwits doing their own thing

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
God help us :tearsofjoy:.
god is the world supervisor and he decides everything, so when the issue of my brain came up, he authorised it, so my brain is fully endorsed by the god and its no use to ask him to take it back

my theory is god made the Rodzilla penis so tiny that he would have to get creative and think about other ways around it to convince women to have sex, thus the super creative brain

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
too late now - they can’t suppress it or get rid of it- each day too many in community spreading it .

if the feds and rest of the states don’t help us out with additional vaccines we are screwed .

‘’yes initial response in hindsight was wrong as this strain is far worse ( even Taiwan is struggling ).
lockdown no longer working as too many fuckwits doing their own thing
It's not a lockdown!!!!

Dan has got his nickname of "Chairman" because he went into a very strict lockdown.

We're seeing a recommendation to stay home, not a lockdown.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
smoking is still allowed, sun tanning is still allowed, they haven't done everything possible to stop cancer, they should lock everybody down, force people to use umbrellas, force them to go to a government site and have someone check their balls and breasts every 3 days (i volunteer to check the breasts), have a full comprehensive royal commission about cancer technology and completely ban anything that increases cancer

if you want to get draconian then lets go all in

the Rodzilla brain which i guarantee is an incredible thinking machine is giving me these ideas
Everything is done within context, so there are usually restrictions to exactly what can be done. The stuff you've suggested is clearly not justifiable, let alone remotely feasible.

The outcomes of not trying to contain the spread of Covid are well evidenced, millions dead in countries that didn't act. And many millions more left with chronic illness. The health burden that will be carried in countries like India and Brazil will be greatly increased over the next couple of generations.

Are the lockdown measures justifiable? To a large extent what government can do comes down to what the population will put up with. That is one of the reasons it doesn't have mandatory monthly prostate examinations (along with that being plainly not feasible). While most of us find the lockdown at least a bit onerous and painful (if not a lot), it is quite evident that most people understand what the objective is. Around 3000 people turned up to that protest, within 48 hours there had already been 10,000 calls and emails to crime stoppers to help identify people who were at the protest. Hundreds of people have sent messages or gifts to Tobruk, the horse that got attacked (he likes carrots if you feel like sending something).

So pretty obviously most people are willing to put up with this, and want a good result, and aren't feeling too happy about the protests on the weekend.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is what shits me about the Sky shock jocks. It's so simple a concept that there's no way that they don't realise what they're saying is complete bullshit.

I get that there's difference of opinion on things, but they're pushing stuff which they know is false and they know will lead to deaths.

But they get away with it because they operate under "opinion" and not "news". Not that many of their followers know the difference.
I know I bang on about Murdoch but I honestly believe he is a threat to our democracy and heading us into USA territory of divisive politics...for no good reason other than profits and click baits and who will do him the most favours eg endorses Kevin 07.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a lockdown!!!!

Dan has got his nickname of "Chairman" because he went into a very strict lockdown.

We're seeing a recommendation to stay home, not a lockdown.
‘depends on your definition of lockdowns - if you think curfews and masks in vehicles and time amount for excerise is lockdowm

ours is not a recommendation
you are only allowed out of your house essentially for four reasons
- essential work
- essential purchases
- excercise
- compassionate care

your are not allowed visitors to home etc

Status
Not open for further replies.