Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The number that have died from covid in Australia from the start to now is about the same number that died from influenza in 2019.
Thats a false comparison. We never locked down for the flu and stop its spread.

Given the extreme measures we took for covid and we're equalling flu deaths, with extreme measures, that should be massive cause for concern

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to say. UK is reporting a 0.1% mortality rate which is in line with the flu, but the UK has over 50% of their population vaccinated and pretty much all at-risk vaccinated.
That 0.1% probably doesn't take into account the delta strain on an unvaccinated population. Which India is

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The 1 in whatever is bullshit. Not everyone gets covid so the 1 in whatever is irrelevant.

The number that have died from covid in Australia from the start to now is about the same number that died from influenza in 2019.

My thing is if you want to get the vaccine then get the vaccine. I have no issues with people getting it. If you don't want to get it then you shouldn't have to get it. Our bodies our choice. Everyone should be free to do whatever they want with their own body.
I agree on the last part, but on the first part you need to take into account that we used extreme measures to stop those deaths.

If you look at other countries then you don't have the same thing. For example, US that averages 20,000 - 60,000 flu deaths per year and they had 500,000 Covid-19 deaths in a single year with lockdowns. UK averages 17,000 flu deaths per year, but had 120,000 deaths.

We just managed to shut it down through extreme measures.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is different hack. Disregard the protests even. Alot of blue collar families are not complying and getting angry.

Of course they are not going to overthrow the government.

But the aim is low community transmission.

The Government can not police these people into compliance. By the time the enforcement happens, transmission has already happened.

The government has to change their strategy come 31 July. Stricter monitoring and movement in relation to construction sites and schools.
Apparently quite a few days elapse between a case and certain aspects of the contact tracing. In that window there is ample opportunity for further cases before people are alerted to the fact that they may be a contact. Vigilance and adhering to directions is important no matter how unpalatable they may be.

Schools are a problem in my opinion, although figures don't seem to back up any major issues...kids in primary school don't need to mask up, nor do they need to social distance but as we have been told can certainly be super spreaders of the Delta strain. Personally, I wear a mask during class time and when I venture into the playground and still follow the other rules that can help keep me safe such as social distancing and proper hygiene.
Due to time lines relating to vaccination I am booked in to have my first jab after waiting like everyone else in a small country area in line with advice relating to flu jab and the advised gap between that and the COVID shot, which for me (not my choice) is the AZ. A bit apprehensive but other than refusing to have it and locking myself away what do I do?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently quite a few days elapse between a case and certain aspects of the contact tracing. In that window there is ample opportunity for further cases before people are alerted to the fact that they may be a contact. Vigilance and adhering to directions is important no matter how unpalatable they may be.

Schools are a problem in my opinion, although figures don't seem to back up any major issues...kids in primary school don't need to mask up, nor do they need to social distance but as we have been told can certainly be super spreaders of the Delta strain. Personally, I wear a mask during class time and when I venture into the playground and still follow the other rules that can help keep me safe such as social distancing and proper hygiene.
Due to time lines relating to vaccination I am booked in to have my first jab after waiting like everyone else in a small country area in line with advice relating to flu jab and the advised gap between that and the COVID shot, which for me (not my choice) is the AZ. A bit apprehensive but other than refusing to have it and locking myself away what do I do?
Just been watching US News...(PBS News so not THAAT bias?) they are getting a resurgence and more children deaths from Delta and are starting to recommend all children wear masks.

They vax from age 12 apparently.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just been watching US News...(PBS News so not THAAT bias?) they are getting a resurgence and more children deaths from Delta and are starting to recommend all children wear masks.

They vax from age 12 apparently.
I have spoken to a secondary teacher up this way that I go to the gym with, and she said so far, believe it or not, the kids in the high school have been brilliant with their mask wearing and have complied. I know that mask wearing is not a foolproof system but gives a little bit more when teamed with the other protocol of social distancing and hygiene.
My worry will be another lapse into complacency when things settle and open up and vaccination rates are a lot higher. It is pretty much a a given that people will conclude that the virus will simply just disappear and I reckon that isn't going to happen.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lmfao they were saying before that it didn’t even cause these things. Bro how long has the vaccine beeen out and how long have they studied the vaccine? Lol if you think it’s all good and all safe that’s fine. But if you think the benefits outweigh the risks for young healthy people you really need to rethink your position lol. I’m all for people who are at great risk due to age or health issues that would make covid even worse, but healthy people? No. It’s shown to be a very mild virus for the majority of people who’ve contracted it.

I also love the pink dyed haired feminist playing with a needle acting like she’s a scientist or dr lol.
Amazing thing about researching something.

You learn new things.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats a false comparison. We never locked down for the flu and stop its spread.

Given the extreme measures we took for covid and we're equalling flu deaths, with extreme measures, that should be massive cause for concern
Beat me to this point. Amazing how some people can't see this. 2018-19 in the USA 16.5 million people reported to a health care provider with a case of flu, 34k died. From Covid the US has had 34.2 million cases for 610k deaths. AND though the USA hasn't been as pro-active as Australia in efforts to prevent transmission, they've done a lot more than they do for ordinary flu.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Beat me to this point. Amazing how some people can't see this. 2018-19 in the USA 16.5 million people reported to a health care provider with a case of flu, 34k died. From Covid the US has had 34.2 million cases for 610k deaths. AND though the USA hasn't been as pro-active as Australia in efforts to prevent transmission, they've done a lot more than they do for ordinary flu.
All the comments of anti-lockdown or anti-vaccine or that covid is fake, they've all been littered with false data, mistruths, misunderstandings, or in some cases straight out lies.

I'm really over discussing it with people. There's just no point. These people already have a pre-conceived idea and use anything to justify that.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is France introducing vaccine passports for restaurants etc?? Will this be the new norm, surely not. Are they the first to implement such a measure

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is France introducing vaccine passports for restaurants etc?? Will this be the new norm, surely not. Are they the first to implement such a measure
I hope they do that here. Now!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmfao they were saying before that it didn’t even cause these things. Bro how long has the vaccine beeen out and how long have they studied the vaccine? Lol if you think it’s all good and all safe that’s fine. But if you think the benefits outweigh the risks for young healthy people you really need to rethink your position lol. I’m all for people who are at great risk due to age or health issues that would make covid even worse, but healthy people? No. It’s shown to be a very mild virus for the majority of people who’ve contracted it.

I also love the pink dyed haired feminist playing with a needle acting like she’s a scientist or dr lol.
Have a family member in 70s currently in hospital who went in 3 days after 2nd AZ shot, they still can't say what it is or what's caused it but seems to be a neurological thing. Hopefully know soon but for several reasons it's starting to sound like a reaction to the AZ vaccine. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.