• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It’s worse than the flu but not by what I would describe as a huge factor.

The main issue is how transmissible Covid is (which is why many are quite certain the virus was manufactured by humans in a lab).
Describe the differences then if you are competent and capable of doing that and I’m glad you are not certain it was created by humans otherwise you would have said you are instead of many are.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Describe the differences then if you are competent and capable of doing that and I’m glad you are not certain it was created by humans otherwise you would have said you are instead of many are.
The differences between flu and covid purey from the number of infected and number dead are pretty obvious to anyone who reads the stats. Although there’s an argument to be made that the number of flu cases per year is under estimated because many ppl never go to get tested for it versus covid where ppl regularly go for multiple tests.

No one can be 100% certain where covid came from because the Chinese destroyed data which would have enabled a proper analysis. Which is one of the reasons many ppl believe it came from the lab.

If covid had randomly Jumped from an animal to a human, the Chinese would not have behaved the way they have.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The differences between flu and covid purey from the number of infected and number dead are pretty obvious to anyone who reads the stats. Although there’s an argument to be made that the number of flu cases per year is under estimated because many ppl never go to get tested for it versus covid where ppl regularly go for multiple tests.

No one can be 100% certain where covid came from because the Chinese destroyed data which would have enabled a proper analysis. Which is one of the reasons many ppl believe it came from the lab.

If covid had randomly Jumped from an animal to a human, the Chinese would not have behaved the way they have.
Fair enough points well made.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I think that death rate is the bigger part. With flu causing between 20,000 - 60,000 deaths in the US each year compared to Covid's 500,000 deaths.

Of course there's other factors. Flu has a vaccine, covid had restrictions to reduce spread. But with the vaccine well distributed I would expect the numbers to drop to flu levels or potentially lower.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think that death rate is the bigger part. With flu causing between 20,000 - 60,000 deaths in the US each year compared to Covid's 500,000 deaths.

Of course there's other factors. Flu has a vaccine, covid had restrictions to reduce spread. But with the vaccine well distributed I would expect the numbers to drop to flu levels or potentially lower.
Yep america and UK cases and deaths have been dropping off a cliff now since Feb. Some American states now showing zero deaths on multiple days of each week.

Last I looked, they’ve almost fully vaccinated half of every adult in america and almost 75% of all Americans over 65.

If we don’t have borders open here within a few months the rest of the world will leave us behind.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep america and UK cases and deaths have been dropping off a cliff now since Feb. Some American states now showing zero deaths on multiple days of each week.

Last I looked, they’ve almost fully vaccinated half of every adult in america and almost 75% of all Americans over 65.

If we don’t have borders open here within a few months the rest of the world will leave us behind.
Tbh. Id be happy to give it to the Aussie summer (or just before, 1 November seems a good date). Thats the benefit of Aus, our peak tourism doesn't start until later in the year

Get as many vaccinated here as possible, between now and then. Then open to selected countries who also have a high vaccination rate.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh. Id be happy to give it to the Aussie summer (or just before, 1 November seems a good date). Thats the benefit of Aus, our peak tourism doesn't start until later in the year

Get as many vaccinated here as possible, between now and then. Then open to selected countries who also have a high vaccination rate.
The Qantas direct Sydney to London will be a goldmine when it opens

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No one answered me so I’d like to ask again.
What would you take!?
Moderna?
Pfizer?
Jj?
Imagine you could choose between all 3

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
“Australia has nearly 9 million COVID-19 vaccines onshore. The vaccine supply chain line is long, convoluted and involves expensive private contractors to oversee, advise and staff the rollout.
“Just 2.89 million of those doses have made it into arms — and just 279,000 of those are in residential aged or disability care. Just 11% of Australians have received their first dose. Australia ranks 34 out of 37 OECD countries for single doses per 100 people.”

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m booked in for the Pfizer vaccine this week! Glad to get it out of the way.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
faulty testing in india meaning the loss of accreditation for the labs involved.they’re not alone either,there’s been faulty testing since day one.think paw paws and goats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
faulty testing in india meaning the loss of accreditation for the labs involved.they’re not alone either,there’s been faulty testing since day one.think paw paws and goats.
Yep. I have heard that the testing (and lack there of) has lead to massive under-reporting of infection and death rates in India.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. I have heard that the testing (and lack there of) has lead to massive under-reporting of infection and death rates in India.
nope,not a lack thereof just faulty. certainly doesn’t translate to under reporting of death rates or infection at all.If anything it goes both ways but that’s not the point.the point is that the testing is faulty lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No local transmissions...test low.. Stay Vigilant! :mask:
611950D8-BCEA-44F0-9EBF-F20F8ED5BEE4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.