Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes purpose built guarantine seems the way.
The capital city CBD losses must be astronomical for business, with lockdowns, and people have an aversion to staying near those hotels so arent going to CBD restaurants and bars etc.

The expense of the guarantine stations could be warranted if those CBD costs are included and for sure some other pandemic will befall us sooner rather than later and then we will be prepared.
Brisbane CBD seems pretty normal these days. The restaurants and bars along the river at least are pretty full most lunchtimes. But then again, you only need a 10-20% downturn in trade to go from making a profit to making losses.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Stopping the flights probably warranted at this stage and due to be lifted May 15? So it was a precaution, like the city lockdowns, till the extent of the Indian situation was clearer.

But if an Aussie dies of C19 over there (or anywhere else for that matter as there's over 30,000 wanting to come home) then we have our next media frenzy.

You can't really blame the Premiers for wanting reduced numbers coming in to deal with it all.

The Govt expanding Howard Springs so thats good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Brisbane CBD seems pretty normal these days. The restaurants and bars along the river at least are pretty full most lunchtimes. But then again, you only need a 10-20% downturn in trade to go from making a profit to making losses.

Just a phone app to register with and near on back to normal in Qld now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a phone app to register with and near on back to normal in Qld now.
One thing i look forward to one day is actually entering a building without having to look at the ground to making sure i'm following the bloody arrows....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One thing i look forward to one day is actually entering a building without having to look at the ground to making sure i'm following the bloody arrows....
You're the only one then who takes any notice of them! :grinning:

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing i look forward to one day is actually entering a building without having to look at the ground to making sure i'm following the bloody arrows
Be careful of the bows. I hate when the arrows are on the right side of the shop.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Be careful of the bows. I hate when the arrows are on the right side of the shop.
I haven't recovered from the time a few months ago when i was screamed at in Big W in the city by walking in the wrong way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watching the news.
It's started. Batton down the hatches TK.
Aussies cricketers trying to get back from India and can't.
Slater says PM has blood on his hands.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wstching the news.
PM has rebutted...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
PM has rebutted...

I nearly fell for that until the end...even if it did have Betoota headline lol

Sticky wicket this one :(

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watching the news.
We had 13 months to get home if they chose to go to a country that they knew that could buckle at anytime with covid thats their choice .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We had 13 months to get home if they chose to go to a country that they knew that could buckle at anytime with covid thats their choice .
Yes I agree....but they are there now...can't just say tough luck. That's why we have Govts, foreign embassies and officials to sort out stranded aussies overseas.

Most other countries have evacuated their nationals and we even put in plane loads of evacuees initially at Christmas Is. back when this first started.

I'm glad I dont have family stuck OS trying to get back. A friend of ours told us his neighbours paid $50k (4) to get back from UK. Thats out of reach of most people.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Walked into an elevator the other day where they have feet stickers on the ground for people to stand on. Each foot sticker is in a corner of the lift, facing the corner, so people are meant to stand with their face in the corner. Made me laugh.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious how do you have more knowledge than drs and scientists combined?
i don’t, i’m just not listening to the same ones brought to you by Fauci and Gates. There are numerous doctors who don’t buy the bullshit like you do

Status
Not open for further replies.