Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Indian getting smashed ,wonder what the the retarded deniers will say on this one speaking of retards @likeadoggy still no answer yet?
Just on the infection rate with Indian arrivals. Saw this in Crikey.

"Marise Payne has cited medical advice for implementing the ban, which will be reviewed on May 15, and that the rate of positive cases in quarantine having come from India has grown from 10% to 57% in the past month."

57% !!

Be terrible to be stuck over there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you’re so far off the mark, you couldn’t have tried any harder. If we never had it so bad here why are they stopping you from going to your loved ones funeral? you roll with whatever you’re told because you’re a perfect puppet. Nothing about it makes sense and yet you want to try and say that the people who see what’s in front of them are wrong? you FUCKWIT
What if the dead relative turned out to be Jesus, and he came back to life only to die of Covid? Do you want Satan to win?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heard the US has vaccinated 250million people. They don’t muck around over there. Anyone know where we are at numbers wise
I don't think we are a piss in the ocean yet ,the us is in decline with deaths and cases which is good, they will still hit 600,000 deaths though thats pretty horrible, Brazil had 82,000 deaths alone last months,hopefully these vaccines get out to balance out the world a bit so we start moving forward again

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we are a piss in the ocean yet ,the us is in decline with deaths and cases which is good, they will still hit 600,000 deaths though thats pretty horrible, Brazil had 82,000 deaths alone last months,hopefully these vaccines get out to balance out the world a bit so we start moving forward again
Yeah its like 70% of there population vaccinated. We would be around 18 million people vaccinated at those stats. Do you know if people that have had the virus still need vaccination?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah its like 70% of there population vaccinated. We would be around 18 million people vaccinated at those stats. Do you know if people that have had the virus still need vaccination?
I not to sure how it works, maybe with these new variants I don't know ,those Indians seem to have those fucked up tumours and muntant humans i would not be surprised if a new strain comes out and totally fucks everything.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Southy some travel light at the end of the tunnel but we need a hurry up here for our vaccinations. Last I heard less than 450,000.

" In other international news, The New Daily reports that the European Union’s executive has recommended foreign citizens who are fully vaccinated or from countries that have effectively eliminated the virus be allowed to travel into the bloc without additional restrictions."

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On a really serious note a guy I work with has had 4 close family members pass away from Covid in India in the last few weeks. That’s just unthinkable. Fuck I hate this virus
Our chief health officer now "apparently" saying he is worried about Australian citizens dying over there. If anyone does, the Govt gonna be under all kinds of pressure to get them back asap :(

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Scott Morrison thought him banning Aussies from India coming home etc would be applauded back home. (I know, thinking & Scott Morrison shouldn't be in the same sentence.)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Scott Morrison thought him banning Aussies from India coming home etc would be applauded back home. (I know, thinking & Scott Morrison shouldn't be in the same sentence.)
It will be popular amoung certain groups and not others. Not sure about overall sentiment.

I think its a tough one (whether to ban flights from certain places or not) - the whole issue wouldn't be as big if we had proper quarantine facilities here and not this silly hotel malarkey we have now. Its only been over a year FFS. But i suspect, its all now just a lot of finger crossing that the vaccine program can finally be rolled out and it actually works before any further waves hit. All band aid stuff really.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It will be popular amoung certain groups and not others. Not sure about overall sentiment.

I think its a tough one (whether to ban flights from certain places or not) - the whole issue wouldn't be as big if we had proper quarantine facilities here and not this silly hotel malarkey we have now. Its only been over a year FFS. But i suspect, its all now just a lot of finger crossing that the vaccine program can finally be rolled out and it actually works before any further waves hit. All band aid stuff really.
Yes purpose built guarantine seems the way.
The capital city CBD losses must be astronomical for business, with lockdowns, and people have an aversion to staying near those hotels so arent going to CBD restaurants and bars etc.

The expense of the guarantine stations could be warranted if those CBD costs are included and for sure some other pandemic will befall us sooner rather than later and then we will be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.