Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just when I thought covid restrictions could’ve have been more ridiculous and mind boggling in NSW I’ve come up to Queensland for a holiday

The smug dumb **** up here who everyone in the whitsundays seems to want to drown has brought mandatory mask wearing with some clangers like this

At the gym I had to wear a mask doing weights but could take it off when I got on the rower before putting it on when doing weights again. Imagine a circuit hahaha

You don’t have to wear a mask when sitting at a restaurant or bar but have to wear one when you walk in, order a drink or go to the toilet

On a boat the whitehaven we had to wear a mask walking onto the boat but not when sitting down next to everyone. On the ferry you had to wear a mask when sitting down but not standing up

There hasn’t been a recent case within 1000km from here. Imagine living in Cape York. At least Gladys has the sense to target hot spots instead of lumping everyone into it. It’s funny how things have changed now the election is over. Businesses are here are really hurting and every second place is shut. You tip $50 and they act like you’ve given them a Porsche

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I very rarely put in my 2 cents into this topic - but my word - the entire episode of delays regarding the vaccines onto our shores is no different to what has been plaguing the Pharmaceutical industry in our country for nay on a decade. I have been working in this space for around that time - including a long stint at one of the companies that we are sourcing this vaccines from - and it is an absolute shit fight from a logistical perspective. No less in a post-Covid environment.

I won't go into rant mode - but I can tell you hand on heart that most places from which we source medication/vaccines from would prefer to send stock to other countries where possible. Why? A plethora of reasons. Thanks, by and large, to the PBS cyclical price cuts that occur every 6 months (this is just my opinion, but is backed up by some pretty damning evidence), plus the logistical nightmare that we are among other things. But that's a rant all unto itself. Oh and by cyclical price cuts - this does not mean cheaper product for patients. This just means a cheaper price for the Government to pay.

In effect - it has created an environment where Australia will always be ranked low on the list when it comes to getting medicine first hand. I know for a fact there have been instances where we have gone out of stock nationally (or damn near out of stock) of LIFE SAVING MEDICATION, because other countries needed it more, or paid a higher price. If you want an example? Go and do some research on the cost of an EpiPen in other countries compared to AU. And try get your hands on the branded medication of the stock 2 years ago. It's a shit fight, for sure, but when you have limited resources, at times limited active ingredients available, and all product is manufactured in so few plants... it stands to reason that we could be in a situations like this.

And now we have to factor in post-Covid. Why is this such an issue? To put it simply, all companies run as a lean as possible. Pharma companies are no different. They keep, say 3 months of stock on hand, and they are constantly having stock produced and sent via SEA freight. Sea freight is a cheap, longer lead time option. But generally safer (less chance of temperature excursions, which could effect the efficacy of the stock). Air freight is the much more expensive, and slightly riskier option - but much quicker (can cut weeks off transit times). Post Covid - EVERYONE is trying to air freight. Because stock is flying off the shelves of every product, and so, it limits the options people have with air freight, as the amount of flights definitely have not increased.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I very rarely put in my 2 cents into this topic - but my word - the entire episode of delays regarding the vaccines onto our shores is no different to what has been plaguing the Pharmaceutical industry in our country for nay on a decade. I have been working in this space for around that time - including a long stint at one of the companies that we are sourcing this vaccines from - and it is an absolute shit fight from a logistical perspective. No less in a post-Covid environment.

I won't go into rant mode - but I can tell you hand on heart that most places from which we source medication/vaccines from would prefer to send stock to other countries where possible. Why? A plethora of reasons. Thanks, by and large, to the PBS cyclical price cuts that occur every 6 months (this is just my opinion, but is backed up by some pretty damning evidence), plus the logistical nightmare that we are among other things. But that's a rant all unto itself. Oh and by cyclical price cuts - this does not mean cheaper product for patients. This just means a cheaper price for the Government to pay.

In effect - it has created an environment where Australia will always be ranked low on the list when it comes to getting medicine first hand. I know for a fact there have been instances where we have gone out of stock nationally (or damn near out of stock) of LIFE SAVING MEDICATION, because other countries needed it more, or paid a higher price. If you want an example? Go and do some research on the cost of an EpiPen in other countries compared to AU. And try get your hands on the branded medication of the stock 2 years ago. It's a shit fight, for sure, but when you have limited resources, at times limited active ingredients available, and all product is manufactured in so few plants... it stands to reason that we could be in a situations like this.

And now we have to factor in post-Covid. Why is this such an issue? To put it simply, all companies run as a lean as possible. Pharma companies are no different. They keep, say 3 months of stock on hand, and they are constantly having stock produced and sent via SEA freight. Sea freight is a cheap, longer lead time option. But generally safer (less chance of temperature excursions, which could effect the efficacy of the stock). Air freight is the much more expensive, and slightly riskier option - but much quicker (can cut weeks off transit times). Post Covid - EVERYONE is trying to air freight. Because stock is flying off the shelves of every product, and so, it limits the options people have with air freight, as the amount of flights definitely have not increased.
I don't think anyone's pissed about the delays to the vaccines or the logistical problems in getting them shipped here. There are legitimate reasons which are out of our control.

It's the constant lies, false promises, denial of promises, lying, lying, lying, lying.

This government has a long history of false promises, lies, rorts, etc etc. The fact that they're lying about the vaccine rollout as well, that they're gaslighting, is really a culmination of people's frustrations with them.

If they were transparent and acted as fucking adults, I'm sure there wouldn't be pushback from the public in regards to the delays caused.

Although I do have to point out, that while supplies from overseas are delayed and there are logical and legitimate reasons for this delay, the lack of pre-empting the delays of the shipment and thereby also ordering more Pfizer, the logistics of distributing the vaccines (that have been delivered), the training of staff, the delays in our manufacturing of the Astra Zeneca vaccine all point to the usual massive fuck ups expected of this government.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's pissed about the delays to the vaccines or the logistical problems in getting them shipped here. There are legitimate reasons which are out of our control.

It's the constant lies, false promises, denial of promises, lying, lying, lying, lying.

This government has a long history of false promises, lies, rorts, etc etc. The fact that they're lying about the vaccine rollout as well, that they're gaslighting, is really a culmination of people's frustrations with them.

If they were transparent and acted as fucking adults, I'm sure there wouldn't be pushback from the public in regards to the delays caused.

Although I do have to point out, that while supplies from overseas are delayed and there are logical and legitimate reasons for this delay, the lack of pre-empting the delays of the shipment and thereby also ordering more Pfizer, the logistics of distributing the vaccines (that have been delivered), the training of staff, the delays in our manufacturing of the Astra Zeneca vaccine all point to the usual massive fuck ups expected of this government.
I cannot say I have followed this as closely as you - but it would not surprise me in the slightest if this comes down to what I have stated above, without forewarning from certain sites and plants regarding delays. Where I work now, we have had instances where we have gone to air freight stock from a country in SE Asia, it went back to Qatar via flight, and arrived here afterwards. We were not made aware of this "pitstop" - and cost us a bucket load of extra $$$ - and took the same amount of time as what seafreight would of.

The fact is - the government cannot come out and blame XYZ company for the delays of such goods. We are completely at the mercy of people above and out of market for attaining these goods in a timely fashion. Trust me, it can be somewhat archaic, not helped by the fact we are in a different time zone.

It is definitely broken promises - but more than likely for elements they cannot control. Trust me when I say it is a SHIT fight.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is definitely broken promises - but more than likely for elements they cannot control. Trust me when I say it is a SHIT fight.
You're clearly more experienced in that area and I thank you for your explanation. I in no way what so ever contest your explanation and from your explanation understand the massive logistical problems of it (I've already read outside sources of the problems with logistics).

But see your interaction with me just now is adult behaviour. There are no lies, there are no trying to shift the blame onto the states, there are no "I never said that" when there's clear audio of them saying it.

Trust me when I say that there's just lie after lie coming from the government in this situation. They're being exposed because the media is going to back to the sources and digging into it.

All it took from the government was to say this is our proposed schedule, however this schedule can be affected by x, y , z reason and treat the public with honesty but instead they've only shown massive incompetence and lies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're clearly more experienced in that area and I thank you for your explanation. I in no way what so ever contest your explanation and from your explanation understand the massive logistical problems of it (I've already read outside sources of the problems with logistics).

But see your interaction with me just now is adult behaviour. There are no lies, there are no trying to shift the blame onto the states, there are no "I never said that" when there's clear audio of them saying it.

Trust me when I say that there's just lie after lie coming from the government in this situation. They're being exposed because the media is going to back to the sources and digging into it.

All it took from the government was to say this is our proposed schedule, however this schedule can be affected by x, y , z reason and treat the public with honesty but instead they've only shown massive incompetence and lies.
And on that, we can definitely agree on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I cannot say I have followed this as closely as you - but it would not surprise me in the slightest if this comes down to what I have stated above, without forewarning from certain sites and plants regarding delays. Where I work now, we have had instances where we have gone to air freight stock from a country in SE Asia, it went back to Qatar via flight, and arrived here afterwards. We were not made aware of this "pitstop" - and cost us a bucket load of extra $$$ - and took the same amount of time as what seafreight would of.

The fact is - the government cannot come out and blame XYZ company for the delays of such goods. We are completely at the mercy of people above and out of market for attaining these goods in a timely fashion. Trust me, it can be somewhat archaic, not helped by the fact we are in a different time zone.

Appreciate your first hand knowledge. The logistics must be massive.

I think most Australians were concerned when our Govt said theres no rush. We'll get it all in good time BUT a lot thought wow waiting and delaying this vaccine sourcing back in August/October, for a March roll out, could go horribly wrong as the rest of the world want their orders as well.

Like standing in line waiting for your toilet paper. Get to the head of the queue and there's none left or you hang around waiting for dribs and drabs. Then realise you should have joined the Kleenex Cottonex queue not just the the No Frills TP line up.

Logistics "Experts" and epidemiological experts saying they knew this was likely.

I am concerned that still now nursing homes have not been vaccinated and no advice as to when staff and residents will be. They are head of priority 1A and still no organisation or information forthcoming.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Appreciate your first hand knowledge. The logistics must be massive.

I think most Australians were concerned when our Hovt saud theres no rush. We'll get it all in good time BUT a lot thought wow waiting and delaying this vaccine sourcing could go horribly wrong as the rest of the world want their orders as well.

Like standing in line waiting for your toilet paper. Get to the head of the queue and there's none left or you hang around waiting for dribs and drabs. Then realise you should have joined the Kleenex Cottonex queue not just the the No Frills TP line up.

Logistics "Experts" and epidemiological experts saying they knew this was likely.

I am concerned that still now nursing homes have not been vaccinated and no advice as to when staff and residents will be. They are head of priority 1A and still no organisation or information forthcoming.

It's clear cut that we face problems in getting deliveries. Jaybee is not an advisor for the government and he knows it.

All they needed to do was be honest with the public. There's a completely legitimate logical reason for the delay. But no, it had to be lie after lie after lie

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's clear cut that we face problems in getting deliveries. Jaybee is not an advisor for the government and he knows it.

All they needed to do was be honest with the public. There's a completely legitimate logical reason for the delay. But no, it had to be lie after lie after lieu
Id say ol' mate Littleproud stirred up the state Premiers, who have been doing 90% of the heavy lifting anyway, when he said they had been doing two fifths of bugger all and needed to pull their finger out.

Delusional and ill informed cos theres been hardly any vaccine released by Fed Govt.

Gladys and Anna even rekindled their friendship, against the Federal Govt lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is a lefty publication of the vaccine situation. The guy is a corruption crusader who hates the current Govt. Take out of it what you will or scroll past. But remember you won't find any factual info in Murdoch publications or TV.

I for one will not be having the Astra shot.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lie lie lie say the leftie wankers haha. It’s a very difficult logistical exercise but of course Albo would’ve done better hahahahaha

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aye virgin ain't budgin to Oct 31st now Qantas ,jetstar and air nz , it will be pricey a year ago round trip $300 it will be double
We had a family holiday booked last had to cancel have been looking at the prices at Christmas for later in the year family 4 airfares only 8600 with air NZ.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How much is this Astra Zeneca finding going to stuff up our vaccination timetable and costs plus logistical nightmares for the extra refrigeration facilities required for Pfizer.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just when I thought covid restrictions could’ve have been more ridiculous and mind boggling in NSW I’ve come up to Queensland for a holiday

The smug dumb **** up here who everyone in the whitsundays seems to want to drown has brought mandatory mask wearing with some clangers like this

At the gym I had to wear a mask doing weights but could take it off when I got on the rower before putting it on when doing weights again. Imagine a circuit hahaha

You don’t have to wear a mask when sitting at a restaurant or bar but have to wear one when you walk in, order a drink or go to the toilet

On a boat the whitehaven we had to wear a mask walking onto the boat but not when sitting down next to everyone. On the ferry you had to wear a mask when sitting down but not standing up

There hasn’t been a recent case within 1000km from here. Imagine living in Cape York. At least Gladys has the sense to target hot spots instead of lumping everyone into it. It’s funny how things have changed now the election is over. Businesses are here are really hurting and every second place is shut. You tip $50 and they act like you’ve given them a Porsche
Everyone knows you can't catch covid sitting down, it gets you when you're standing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.