• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's everyone's view on this real life example.

A family friend is in hospital dying from leukemia. He is 18, his mother is double vaxxed and is not allowed to see/stay with her son because of the fkn China virus. His father has passed away and is alone in there.

I personally would be arrested if they didn't let me see my child.
I went through something similar to this during the lockdown that started mid 21, with my wife. It is very difficult. Reality is that the Health Department doesn't have the time or funding to dedicate much attention to individual cases. They make rules and demand that their hospitals and staff apply them across the board. Individuals can complain as much as they want, they will get fobbed off.

Personally I just had to let it go, I have too much stress in my life as it is to be angry at something that will just ignore me anyway. Fortunately wife made it through.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry, sorry.
What I should’ve said was that the numbers are trending down but not fast enough and that’s somehow Morrison’s fault.

You gotta wonder though - if (and yes it’s an if) the numbers fall off a cliff in the next 2 weeks that McGowan delaying WA’s re-opening to April was a tad premature and the wrong call?

Better keep that egg on face avatar handy mate :-).
I blame Anna for wank wank # letting it rip hahaha. What’s Lisa Wilkonson’s take? @south of heaven :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I blame Anna for wank wank # letting it rip hahaha. What’s Lisa Wilkonson’s take? @south of heaven :tearsofjoy:
The outrage over the government providing free RAT's.
By the time they're readily available the need will have largely passed.
It's the desalination plant all over again...
Oh and I wonder what the dedicated quarantine facilities would be doing now had they been built - collecting dust...

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure, I wasn’t talking about the method, opening up bit by bit isn’t wrong - but delaying full scale opening until April seems extreme at this point. There’s both health and economic considerations and WA is a bit like Scotland - likes to puff the chest but is no chance of standing on their own at the end of the day.
I don't recall McGowan putting an April date on the delay, he said that would re asses through February still think its a smart move and if numbers drop quickly he may well open up end of Feb.
I still think he has done the best job in Australia so far, and time will tell if it's the right side of history, but as it stands can't fault him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't recall McGowan putting an April date on the delay, he said that would re asses through February still think its a smart move and if numbers drop quickly he may well open up end of Feb.
I still think he has done the best job in Australia so far, and time will tell if it's the right side of history, but as it stands can't fault him.
I think you're right in terms of dates. I thought I heard April in one report but now I can't find a reference to it - so could be wrong. If he ends up opening end of Feb that's not so bad, but for airlines as one example, they had tens of thousands of bookings they can no longer honour and that's what I meant about economic considerations as well as health. Tourism businesses in WA must be on their knees. 75% of WA residents agree with you. Yes, WA has largely been Covid free but at what long term price? Time will tell.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think you're right in terms of dates. I thought I heard April in one report but now I can't find a reference to it - so could be wrong. If he ends up opening end of Feb that's not so bad, but for airlines as one example, they had tens of thousands of bookings they can no longer honour and that's what I meant about economic considerations as well as health. Tourism businesses in WA must be on their knees. 75% of WA residents agree with you. Yes, WA has largely been Covid free but at what long term price? Time will tell.
I think the media went hyperbole naming potential months that he never said so you might have read April somewhere.
Thats the strange thing, despite the howls of the minority, the Southern Wa tourist time (summer) by all accounts has been boom times there, accommodation booked out for last 3 months.
Summer in North Wa is off season, doesn't kick in till, end April or so, business there aren't fully effected yet either. So I guess it will depend on when he opens and what is happening with omicron at that time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Read an article where WA Govt are also weighing up the economic cost of their minerals sector closing down because of Covid disruption. FIFO working atm but if they got mass infection, like the rest of us and it affected production then there is massive loss of revenue to WA, .... and Australia.

McGowan, if he looks at Qld now, you wouldn't seriously choose to LetItRip. We were totally under-prepared as well when the floodgates opened with our shared border. Gold Coast was always a smoking gun. It should have been obvious what would happen. Omicron was well entrenched.

Sensible eased preparation by letting residents, family return, better vax rates, schools with air quality controls in place, RATs available is far more sensible when you have hardly any Covid amongst "voters".

Anna's popularity has drasticly dropped, McGowan has seen that but there's also the possibility that he does care about his fellow Sandgropers :grinning:

It would weigh heavily on anyone looking over at the East Coast (if you didn't already have huge infection).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The outrage over the government providing free RAT's.
By the time they're readily available the need will have largely passed.
It's the desalination plant all over again...
Oh and I wonder what the dedicated quarantine facilities would be doing now had they been built - collecting dust...
Haha yes that dedicated quarantine facility in QLD must have a waiting list haha. Poor Dom copped it for letting it rip and now look what the hypocrite and her hypocritical supporter have done.

I can see why WA want to remain covid free with their horrendous health system but it’s only a matter of time before they get an outbreak in the hermit kingdom

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Southy. Your mate at it again. I cringe when she speaks. She is a headline hunter.

I wonder if she is going out? Visiting friends, going to a restaurant, going to a cafe.....

Praising NZ for forcing people with covid to isolate for 14day and close contacts upto 24 days! Forget that by the time they are symptomatic or test positive, they would have spread the virus anyway.

You know what Lisa. Lock yourself away for 14days

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

Southy. Your mate at it again. I cringe when she speaks. She is a headline hunter.

I wonder if she is going out? Visiting friends, going to a restaurant, going to a cafe.....

Praising NZ for forcing people with covid to isolate for 14day and close contacts upto 24 days! Forget that by the time they are symptomatic or test positive, they would have spread the virus anyway.

Yep ha ha 24 days yeah nah sorry not happening.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You know what Lisa. Lock yourself away for 1 4days
And the fucking bin chicken doesnt understand we had a different approach than nz also a greater population, we have peaked now and numbers dropping will making it easier for everyone ,why try to suppress it and drag it on , unless the hospitals are at breaking point and i dont mean a mid wife on twitter that had 2 work 10 hrs with out a lunch break while describing herself as a " hero"
Maybe lisa need lex steel and his mate give her dap for her to chill out

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep ha ha 24 days yeah nah sorry not happening.
WA premier just came in his pants after 14 days plus 2 tripple vaxxed to get special permission to enter WA he read this article and gave him ideas he will bump it up to 24 days and if 1 case slips through he will have a " final solution" install a few special ovens at security in airports

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Does this **** that's married to a **** actually think she matters?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And the fucking bin chicken doesnt understand we had a different approach than nz also a greater population, we have peaked now and numbers dropping will making it easier for everyone ,why try to suppress it and drag it on , unless the hospitals are at breaking point and i dont mean a mid wife on twitter that had 2 work 10 hrs with out a lunch break while describing herself as a " hero"
Maybe lisa need lex steel and his mate give her dap for her to chill out
Of course she understands - it’s just catering for the audience, creating some outrage to keep ratings up and bucks coming in. Not a whole lot different to the likes of Tucker Carlson despite being ‘the other side’.

Status
Not open for further replies.