Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree about twitface and stamping feet, but though it's a crude way of putting it, Premier Petridish has brought alot of unnecessary problems on with his eagerness to drop health measures initially.
I ask myself how many would be dead, how many in hospital if he never dropped them against health advice as he did.
The sad truth is despite the spin, the NSW government through sheer arrogance has been dragged into making decision which proved to late almost everytime a decisive decision needed to be made since the start of this sheet.
Ruby Princess, the late lockdown after the half assed lockdown after ststing none was required in the first place.
Their late reactive decisions has caused more pain and longer loockdowns, more death than they care to admit.
Petridish is just keeping it rolling like the SloMo
The government has made plenty of mistakes but there’s also a lot of us who want to get on with life, who are sick of being told to get vaccinated and we will be given our freedoms only for them to be taken away.

The biggest mistake in recent times was allowing freedoms for the unvaccinated. Gladys announced that way too early and Dom continued on with her policy to save face and to prevent a backlash.

I’ll happily compare Australia to the rest of the world and do every time I get asked here in Hawaii. People overseas think we are living in a concentration camp but I tell them many people like yourself are unhappy we were given too much freedom too early. You can imagine the reactions I get. It’s one of the reasons I’ve decided to stay here longer

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree about twitface and stamping feet, but though it's a crude way of putting it, Premier Petridish has brought alot of unnecessary problems on with his eagerness to drop health measures initially.
I ask myself how many would be dead, how many in hospital if he never dropped them against health advice as he did.
The sad truth is despite the spin, the NSW government through sheer arrogance has been dragged into making decision which proved to late almost everytime a decisive decision needed to be made since the start of this sheet.
Ruby Princess, the late lockdown after the half assed lockdown after ststing none was required in the first place.
Their late reactive decisions has caused more pain and longer loockdowns, more death than they care to admit.
Petridish is just keeping it rolling like the SloMo
Also as soon as they got a wiff of this shit overseas the Feds should of closed international borders. We are a fkn island already isolated from the world.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott Morrison forced to reprimand backbencher George Christensen over 'dangerous' COVID-19 vaccine comments - ABC News

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has been forced to reprimand rogue backbencher George Christensen over his latest anti-vaccination opinion, labelling the comments as "dangerous". Mr Christensen — who is retiring as the Coalition MP for the North Queensland seat of Dawson at the next election — urged his social media followers not to vaccinate their children.

Georgy Porgy Pudding and Blubber at it again. They should really change the name of that state to Queerland.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Scott Morrison forced to reprimand backbencher George Christensen over 'dangerous' COVID-19 vaccine comments - ABC News

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has been forced to reprimand rogue backbencher George Christensen over his latest anti-vaccination opinion, labelling the comments as "dangerous". Mr Christensen — who is retiring as the Coalition MP for the North Queensland seat of Dawson at the next election — urged his social media followers not to vaccinate their children.

Georgy Porgy Pudding and Blubber at it again. They should really change the name of that state to Queerland.
Deadset muppet.
Probably only ‘retiring’ because he knows he’ll lose.
Should defect to the Palmer/Kelly camp - at least they could all be locked in the same asylum.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadset muppet.
Probably only ‘retiring’ because he knows he’ll lose.
Should defect to the Palmer/Kelly camp - at least they could all be locked in the same asylum.
He'll definitely end up with the bloated twins of farktardery. At least we'll be able to keep a track of them once they are all together through their seismic activity.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He'll definitely end up with the bloated twins of farktardery. At least we'll be able to keep a track of them once they are all together through their seismic activity.
Heard daily near the local campaign office:
‘3 Big Mac Meals please’.
‘Yes, upsize’.
‘Yes, large’.
‘Would you like common sense with that?’
‘Com…what…can you eat it?’

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no anti vaxxer by any stretch, but is it really worth getting children vaccinated?
If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission and kids aren't clogging up hospitals then why the need for vax?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

How on earth did he get endorsed as the LNP candidate in the first place? In that conservative seat it was a foregone conclusion he would become the elected MP.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm no anti vaxxer by any stretch, but is it really worth getting children vaccinated?
If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission and kids aren't clogging up hospitals then why the need for vax?
Interesting , the 18 yr old got covid double vaxxed he was fine ,when we called area health or whatever it was the lady was saying pretty much the only reason young kids will getting it done is to try to reduce the spread to the elderly which seems the vaccine in kids could be pointless, i dont know how true this is. Ill do what i done with me and book a double appointment with the doc and get him to explain it all to me very slowly .by then i dare say the kids will have already had covid so fucked if i know how it works.
Then ill bug the living shit out of a few docs i work for with the same questions

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yesterday ICU numbers 209 and 32 lives lost...todays ICU 217 so it means 40 new patients into ICU today? Good thing its only mild.

Apparently a major stat is the 3rd dose figure. Most protection doesnt kick in till booster due to waning vax efficacy after 6? months, so at only 28% 3rd vax, most people are not that protected and vax rate is misleading in that case as far as mass population protection is concerned with Omicron.

@Hacky McAxe your thoughts?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many deaths and ICU patients had/have Delta? How many are fully vaccinated? I guess it’s no point speculating and constantly looking for negatives without those answers

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday ICU numbers 209 and 32 lives lost...todays ICU 217 so it means 40 new patients into ICU today? Good thing its only mild.

Apparently a major stat is the 3rd dose figure. Most protection doesnt kick in till booster due to waning vax efficacy after 6? months, so at only 28% 3rd vax, most people are not that protected and vax rate is misleading in that case as far as mass population protection is concerned with Omicron.

And we'd also have to consider how many people (reported and not reported) who have had the virus recently creating a natural immunity.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And we'd also have to consider how many people (reported and not reported) who have had the virus recently creating a natural immunity.
I was just raising the probability that they say we have approx 90% fully vaxxed, incl 12-15s, which was the aim for all restrictions being lifted but in reality we only have 28% booster vaxxed (plus whatever natural immunity you raised by having had C19, which is an area of dispute with the epideamiologists. Best I've heard prior infection may give a months? 2 months?, 3 months? protection and it is like a cold...easy to get reinfected)?

Hard to evaluate now bc there is a split in the "experts" views on epidemic v endemic.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many deaths and ICU patients had/have Delta? How many are fully vaccinated? I guess it’s no point speculating and constantly looking for negatives without those answers
Also. Their age, other health issues and lifestyle choices.

The government looked at lockdowns/restrictions too one dimensional previously. Its time to stop painting everyone with the same brush.

If they can force people in different LGAs to lockdown. Is forcing people in differently age groups, health issues an option?

I have been double vaxxed, had the virus recently, am in my 30s, no health issues. In the "lock down scenario", why should i be treated the same as a 60 year old retiree with health issues who doesn't have school aged children and doesn't need to work.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Have You seen that barrel of lard? You'd be fkn stupid to take health advice from that land whale.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also. Their age, other health issues and lifestyle choices.

The government looked at lockdowns/restrictions too one dimensional previously. Its time to stop painting everyone with the same brush.

If they can force people in different LGAs to lockdown. Is forcing people in differently age groups, health issues an option?

I have been double vaxxed, had the virus recently, am in my 30s, no health issues. In the "lock down scenario", why should i be treated the same as a 60 year old retiree with health issues who doesn't have school aged children and doesn't need to work.
I agree with you but that would be "DiScRiMiNaTiOn"

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was just raising the probability that they say we have approx 90% fully vaxxed, incl 12-15s, which was the aim for all restrictions being lifted but in reality we only have 28% booster vaxxed (plus whatever natural immunity you raised by having had C19, which is an area of dispute with the epideamiologists. Best I've heard prior infection may give a months? 2 months?, 3 months? protection and it is like a cold...easy to get reinfected)?

Hard to evaluate now bc there is a split in the "experts" views on epidemic v endemic.
In respect to severity. In comparison to the vaccine, how different is natural immunity?

Vaccine effectiveness wears off around the 5 month mark.

Re transmission of the virus. Thats still up for debate with both natural immunity and vaccine i think. But the reality is, transmission is an inevitable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Omicron is less deadly but 2 doses provides no real protection against Omicron. Also the waning protection means that the 2 dose protection against Delta is dropping drastically. So fully vaccinated stats aren't going to be accurate any more.

The hope is that the death and ICU rates are primarily from Delta. Can't say for sure right now because that data isn't available yet. The data for NSW from November to January where we had very low deaths in hospital, but showed 3 deaths were Omicron compared to 9 that were Delta (with around 20 not sequenced)

So Omicron is definitely weaker but not harmless, and considering that they're now predicting around 90% of the cases are Omicron. My guess is that a majority of the deaths are probably Omicron. But if we had these case numbers with Delta then the deaths would be at least 3 times as high.

Fortunately natural immunity provides at least as much protection as vaccination so based on case numbers and predicted missed cases, most of NSW has probably been given a natural booster.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In respect to severity. In comparison to the vaccine, how different is natural immunity?

Vaccine effectiveness wears off around the 5 month mark.

Re transmission of the virus. Thats still up for debate with both natural immunity and vaccine i think. But the reality is, transmission is an inevitable.
How would your suggestion of segregating different sections of the population work?

Status
Not open for further replies.