Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My missus and daughter have been up at her parents place in the Central Coast. She saw her brother, he was a bit sick and they later found out he ended up having Covid. His missus was just as sick but she tested negative twice.

They were around her brother for only a few hours and both got it. They've been staying at her parents for 5 days but her Mum doesn't have it somehow..

Now she has to stay up there for 7 plus days with a minor cold. The whole thing is ridiculous. If someone who tests positive doesn't give it to people around them but who are just as sick, then who cares about Covid at this point?

Everyone should be told to stop testing. Don't report figures. Stop obsessing over it and tell anyone who's has obvious symptoms to stay at home for a few days. Not a 7 day isolation period from when you test positive. And then an isolation period for everyone they've come into contact with etc..

We're 97% vaccinated and have eradicated it to a common cold. And it's stil dominating our lives 3 years later. How much longer will governments around the world keep these bullshit rules in place? Just stop testing, stop mentioning the word Covid and can we finally get back to living life???
Apparently the infectious droplets for Delta drop pretty quickly from the surrounding air to floor /surface level but the Omicron stays in air for a lot longer hence its more infectious nature..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently the infectious droplets for Delta drop pretty quickly from the surrounding air to floor /surface level but the Omicron stays in air for a lot longer hence its more infectious nature..
Good.. The sooner we all get it, the sooner it won't be as effective and we'll develop a natural immunity.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good.. The sooner we all get it, the sooner it won't be as effective and we'll develop a natural immunity.
A lot of us have probably had it and just powered through, without getting tested. I’ve been sick a bit lately yet haven’t bothered with a test.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who is asking to completely stop the spread or reach "covid zero"?

The plan was always get people vaccinated and then cautiously open up and keep a check on how our health system is coping. There's been a number of posts, in this thread, filled with BS claiming that the "other side" is advocating it, when that's far from the truth. The key thing here being cautiously. At the time we (NSW/December 15th) opened up, Europe had had a couple weeks of Omicron and were bringing back in some measurements due to the concern in volume, so the evidence was there not to completely open up NSW but yet that decision was made completely ignoring the available data at the time.

Talk about fear mongering? Morrison is now talking about lockdowns and saying we won't be going back into lockdowns. Morrison introduced lockdowns into the conversation with omicron, no one else mentioned it.

The fact that we are now having elective surgeries put on hold, I think displays enough that the volume of cases is becoming concerning for NSW health.

Again, from day dot, this has always been about flattening the curve and making sure our health system is coping. It's when our health system can't cope that it all goes to shit and we can't treat patients adequately and lose them.

And I'm hardly going to believe the BS that comes out of Brad Hazzard's mouth (that hospitalisations aren't the real figure), given he was caught out blatantly lying about talking with Dr Chant around a key decision in the delta outbreak

Once again, the key thing in decision making is making sure the volume in the health system is under control. It's when we lose control of the volume that we can't treat patients with COVID or other life threatening diseases/problems.
Heard an interview with a nurse on the Mid North Coast who has had 45 years in the system and has now pulled back on her hours to a casual basis and is looking at pulling the pin completely not so much due to COVID but because it has exposed just how poor our health system is. A lot of others feel the same.. COVID has made things much worse and now things that would normally have been dealt with surgery wise etc. are being pushed aside to concentrate on COVID.

It would be nice to have a Crystal ball and know when things like this will happen but a lot in the know epidemiologists etc. have said it was coming and that the next one will be just around the corner........

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any change in 5g reception?
The funny thing about it though is that at the Sydney Olympic Park vaccination hub, you cannot get reception. It's a complete deadzone.

My guess is that the mass activation of 5G overloads the network.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cash comment? Just a joke is all :grinning:

Not upset. Just realistic. The management of the spread of this has been abysmal. We have the highest percentage of the population in the World infected!

We didnt vote for LetItRip, simple as that ...
and not happy about it.
No one did but nobody is stopping it anywhere around the world, so why do you expect Australia to be different ? that's all i'm asking i cant see any way anyone could stop the spread its just too easy to catch I caught it grocery shopping masked up and sanitized

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are NRL players required to get tested regularly for Covid. I find it odd that a large portion of players have it. If we were getting tested regularly at work I’m sure more would pop up also. Government needs to start charging for tests. Stop all these idiots getting tested regularly for no reason.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heard an interview with a nurse on the Mid North Coast who has had 45 years in the system and has now pulled back on her hours to a casual basis and is looking at pulling the pin completely not so much due to COVID but because it has exposed just how poor our health system is. A lot of others feel the same.. COVID has made things much worse and now things that would normally have been dealt with surgery wise etc. are being pushed aside to concentrate on COVID.

It would be nice to have a Crystal ball and know when things like this will happen but a lot in the know epidemiologists etc. have said it was coming and that the next one will be just around the corner........
It's exposed how neglected, over quite a significant period of time, our health systems across several states has been.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No one did but nobody is stopping it anywhere around the world, so why do you expect Australia to be different ? that's all i'm asking i cant see any way anyone could stop the spread its just too easy to catch I caught it grocery shopping masked up and sanitized
Yes I understand that KFM.

It cant be stopped now.

Our only chance was to mitigate before it got out of hand. Yes we all now give up caring about spread, deaths, businesses going under. Ok. But why aren't you concerned Australia now has the highest infection rate IN THE WORLD per population and its primarily bc just as it set in, the NSW Premier, with the behest and support of the PM, and not one epideamiologist in the country that I can find, told everyone ok dont worry about taking precautions, take off your masks, dont social distance, its personal responsibility now with a population just itching for Freedum Day and a pent up urge to celebrate hereby inadvertently throwing away all the sacrifices made to keep spread at manageable levels for HCW, hospitals and the vulnerable.

Every single #fing article I posted from Twitter and non-murdoch media... doctors, scientists, concerned Australians about how this would pan out with this foolish open up the floodgates theory, has gone EXACTLY as those pandemic experts I posted, said it would. Probably many people have died as a result of the careless and unplanned way it was flung on us all.

Every single thing! ...and still people think it's fine for hospitals to be at breaking point, food shortages, no RATs tests, cancelled children's booster shots and still defend the Govt for all these failures.

Geez what will it take for people to expect some accountability for Governments governing, decision making and execution.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I understand that KFM.

It cant be stopped now.

Our only chance was to mitigate before it got out of hand. Yes we all now give up caring about spread, deaths, businesses going under. Ok. But why aren't you concerned Australia now has the highest infection rate IN THE WORLD per population and its primarily bc just as it set in, the NSW Premier, with the behest and support of the PM, and not one epideamiologist in the country that I can find, told everyone ok dont worry about taking precautions, take off your masks, dont social distance, its personal responsibility now with a population just itching for Freedum Day and a pent up urge to celebrate hereby inadvertently throwing away all the sacrifices made to keep spread at manageable levels for HCW, hospitals and the vulnerable.

Every single #fing article I posted from Twitter and non-murdoch media... doctors, scientists, concerned Australians about how this would pan out with this foolish open up the floodgates theory, has gone EXACTLY as those pandemic experts I posted, said it would. Probably many people have died as a result of the careless and unplanned way it was flung on us all.

Every single thing! ...and still people think it's fine for hospitals to be at breaking point, food shortages, no RATs tests, cancelled children's booster shots and still defend the Govt for all these failures.

Geez what will it take for people to expect some accountability for Governments governing, decision making and execution.
The End Game.

All your fear mongering does is delay the End Game. The government is being pro-active and trying to return us to a pre-covid life. Doing so requires some daring decisions to be made. Not doing so, prolongs this and introduces other mental health issues.

The End Game.
Thats all we are interested in. I commend the government. The only thing i would have done differently is open up earlier. In fact if i were PM now, id eliminate all testing and isolation requirenents and made it personal responsibility to isolate for as long as you feel sick.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The End Game.

All your fear mongering does is delay the End Game. The government is being pro-active and trying to return us to a pre-covid life. Doing so requires some daring decisions to be made. Not doing so, prolongs this and introduces other mental health issues.

The End Game.
Thats all we are interested in. I commend the government. The only thing i would have done differently is open up earlier. In fact if i were PM now, id eliminate all testing and isolation requirenents and made it personal responsibility to isolate for as long as you feel sick.
You fool.
Fear mongering.
Daring decisions hahahahaha.

Get back to your long paddock.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The End Game.

The End Game.
I agree with this post. Up to individuals to manage themselves, not continually ask for handouts. I remember early modeling suggested the original outbreak in AUS, was 30 000 deaths from memory. Lol. We’re now in 3rd outbreak and not a fraction of that. I feel very happy during pandemic under schomo and now perrotet

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Government have totally lost control of testing facilities and testing availability, reporting of case numbers and now threaten a $1000 fine, businesses failing, hospitals cancelling all but life threatening operations, logistics of food and now child vaccines, and effectively virtually all meaningful management of the pandemic atm.

There is a growing but strong demand in socials for a Royal Commission by many Australians into the handling of this
failure.

^Some in The Kennel go into meltdown^ :grinning:
How would the government actually know if you have reported it or not is what it like to know....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks like heaven to me...

Where's that?
Pretty much above woy woy train tunnel bro ,used to go there as kids could sit there a week and not see a single person ,now its an instagramers hot spot.ive been there twice since covid 7am one morn few people there after that its nothing but hoardes of chics in bikinis which sounds good in theory and is for 5 minutes then its as annoyoing as fuck dead set one day there was over 100 lined up over the top waiting to get the arse shot in the waterfall.one person fell off had to be airlifted out , so you go there have a quick perve and go to the less busy water holes .plenty of good ones around there

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The End Game.

The End Game.
Plus, let’s not kid ourselves, there’s a federal election coming up. Without a doubt that’s part of it and it doesn’t matter who’s in power, both teams would approach it the same way.

After two years of this, can you imagine any government approaching an election where severe illness and deaths are not escalating as fast as infections are throw another lockdown on us?
Political suicide.

Assuming the current outbreak plummets as fast as it has risen this story gets old quickly, a week is a long time in politics and suddenly the thinking is ‘Hey, we’re not doing too badly’ (except for the fear mongerers of course, they find any reason to forecast doom).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much above woy woy train tunnel bro ,used to go there as kids could sit there a week and not see a single person ,now its an instagramers hot spot.ive been there twice since covid 7am one morn few people there after that its nothing but hoardes of chics in bikinis which sounds good in theory and is for 5 minutes then its as annoyoing as fuck dead set one day there was over 100 lined up over the top waiting to get the arse shot in the waterfall.one person fell off had to be airlifted out , so you go there have a quick perve and go to the less busy water holes .plenty of good ones around there
So another thing social media has ruined…:triumph:

Status
Not open for further replies.