• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
‘well plenty got there way with Gladys demise , now the roosters have come to roost

* edit I know I got that saying wrong *
I don't think many thought Dom would upset the apple cart this much did they? :( This affects the whole country and makes it all look like a train wreck of decision making :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"The question is where will travellers that test COVID positive isolate? Hotels aren’t medical sites. People require medical care. We will need guarantine facilities for these people?"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"The question is where will travellers that test COVID positive isolate? Hotels aren’t medical sites. People require medical care. We will need guarantine facilities for these people?"
Probably a bit late for that as we have been putting positive travellers in hotel quarantine for a long time.

But it does raise a valid question. The travellers need to do a PCR test before flying. In most cases it's at the airport. The results probably won't come back until the person is in flight. So what do they do with the positive cases if there's no quarantine?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably a bit late for that as we have been putting positive travellers in hotel quarantine for a long time.

But it does raise a valid question. The travellers need to do a PCR test before flying. In most cases it's at the airport. The results probably won't come back until the person is in flight. So what do they do with the positive cases if there's no quarantine?
That's what I was wondering :grinning:

People arrive here and are feeling ill on arrival. What do you do with them? More hospitalisations? What do you do with the other passengers on the flight? They're waiting on their flights to other states?

Have they thought this thru?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Travel

Bill Bowtell AO

@billbowtell

NSW abandoning hotel quarantine is of course another step towards adopting full UK set of policies. Then abandon QR codes. Adopt UK policies so expect UK outcomes in cases and consequences. Such measures require consultation and approval.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hacky this Prof seems to have good enough credentials? I am getting more and more concerned for kids with our apparently "let it rip" like UK philosophy. Some of the reply tweets from parents at whats happening at their school, is very concerning.

Prof. Christina Pagel
@chrischirp
Director
@UCL_CORU
, Prof Operational Research, passionate about health care, women in STEMs. Ex Harkness Fellow. Member of
@independentsage

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recently got Covid (delta strain) and I'm 9 days out of Concord hospital after spending 10 days in there. Covid was the scariest experience of my life and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy, I thought I was honestly going to die because of the complications it caused with my lungs and being unable to breathe. It's fucked.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I recently got Covid (delta strain) and I'm 9 days out of Concord hospital after spending 10 days in there. Covid was the scariest experience of my life and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy, I thought I was honestly going to die because of the complications it caused with my lungs and being unable to breathe. It's fucked.
Sorry to hear mate and glad you’re on the mend.
Hope there’s no longer term implications for you.
It’s very real despite what some of the sceptics say.
Keep well.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scary shit bro hoping you get well soon

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate and glad you’re on the mend.
Hope there’s no longer term implications for you.
It’s very real despite what some of the sceptics say.
Bro tbh I'm fucked still. I walk 10m and I'm heaving and panting like I've done sprints. The Covid damages your lungs and there is long term effects to your lungs because of the scarring etc. I'm still getting nasty headaches and the panadol and neurophen don't really have an effect.
Anyone who says Covid isn't real only needs to go to concord hospital and look at the ICU ward where I was. It's scary and even the people dying are doing so by slow painful death. Trying to breathe was like you're drowning and trying to come up for air but can't get any.
IDC what the side effects to the vaccination are long term, they have nothing on this disease. TAKE THE VACCINE.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've had pneumonia, this sounds worse. My lungs aren't great, I would probably be in real trouble if I got it. Hoping you can recover, and that you can get some support around you for uncertainties and ups and downs yet to come.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've had pneumonia, this sounds worse. My lungs aren't great, I would probably be in real trouble if I got it. Hoping you can recover, and that you can get some support around you for uncertainties and ups and downs yet to come.
It was the worst thing and seeing others in there with it was scary. I really am fearful for older people.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro tbh I'm fucked still. I walk 10m and I'm heaving and panting like I've done sprints. The Covid damages your lungs and there is long term effects to your lungs because of the scarring etc. I'm still getting nasty headaches and the panadol and neurophen don't really have an effect.
Anyone who says Covid isn't real only needs to go to concord hospital and look at the ICU ward where I was. It's scary and even the people dying are doing so by slow painful death. Trying to breathe was like you're drowning and trying to come up for air but can't get any.
IDC what the side effects to the vaccination are long term, they have nothing on this disease. TAKE THE VACCINE.
With the headaches, are you getting any dizziness or fogginess?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When I had Covid there was dizziness with the headaches but now it's just headaches that seem to come and go but last for hours at a time.
That might be a positive. In reading up on long covid a lot of the accounts I've read talk about pretty intense dizziness and "brain fog". Seems to be an outcome for around 5% of those who've gotten covid, regardless of initial severity of symptoms.

How were the medical staff?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That might be a positive. In reading up on long covid a lot of the accounts I've read talk about pretty intense dizziness and "brain fog". Seems to be an outcome for around 5% of those who've gotten covid, regardless of initial severity of symptoms.

How were the medical staff?
I can't be thankful enough for the medical staff at Concord Hospital. They were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.