Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Prof Marc Tennant (@MarcTennant) Tweeted:
@Gab_H_R If public health NSW signed off on agreement to this I am totally shocked. Show us the projections. Show us all health sign off.
I think many are shocked by it, but I'm more concerned about what the epidemiologists and virologists think about it.

I'm sure Tennant is a wonderful professor, but he's a Dentist so it's not exactly his field of expertise.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With no surprise at all, ScoMo had blasted Perrottet for saying that Australians and tourists can come to NSW.

ScoMo has stated that the borders will not open up on Nov 1 but that there will be a staged opening. He won't give the dates but it sounds like Australians will be able to return before Christmas with skilled migrants to be able to enter early next year, and tourists sometime after that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, Qantas already brought forward flights based on Perrottet's announcement. Now they have to delay them again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think many are shocked by it, but I'm more concerned about what the epidemiologists and virologists think about it.

I'm sure Tennant is a wonderful professor, but he's a Dentist so it's not exactly his field of expertise.
All opinions.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All opinions.
Yeah, it's.. I mean, I want to hear the health advice from the actual experts. I lean toward that even though I know they make massive mistakes, they're a better choice than anyone else.

Which makes me concerned that during today's press conference, none of the NSW health doctors were there. Instead they had Susan Pearce who is an excellent administrator and health officer, but her medical experience is in childbirth nursing.

Hopefully we can hear from the actual experts on this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, it's.. I mean, I want to hear the health advice from the actual experts. I lean toward that even though I know they make massive mistakes, they're a better choice than anyone else.

Which makes me concerned that during today's press conference, none of the NSW health doctors were there. Instead they had Susan Pearce who is an excellent administrator and health officer, but her medical experience is in childbirth nursing.

Hopefully we can hear from the actual experts on this.
Chant won't come out against Dom (if she disagrees with this move tho).

What happened to The Plan... all Australia at 80% before OS border opened?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chant won't come out against Dom (if she disagrees with this move tho).

What happened to The Plan... all Australia at 80% before OS border opened?
That's where ScoMo (the unlikely ally) steps in. He basically said that they are delaying opening of borders. So basically, he put Perrottet in his place. He can say that international travellers don't need to quarantine, but ScoMo cna say, "that's cool, but I'm stopping all international travellers"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Media Analyst (@MediaAnalystOz) Tweeted:
Let's get #NSWRippedUpThePlan trending because no journalists are going to write about the NSW Libs destroying the national plan

Morrison said fast states would have to wait for ALL states to reach the same vax target before changes like o'seas travel began. A huge lie
#auspol https://t.co/AQFsTXP0k1

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's where ScoMo (the unlikely ally) steps in. He basically said that they are delaying opening of borders. So basically, he put Perrottet in his place. He can say that international travellers don't need to quarantine, but ScoMo cna say, "that's cool, but I'm stopping all international travellers"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Samantha Maiden (@samanthamaiden) Tweeted:
His WIFE is the Foreign Affairs minister whose department ISSUES VISAS. I am literally screaming with massive attack of chuckles. Real tears.
Why did she write "WIFE" capitalised?

I'm guessing she did it because she knows that Ayres and Payne aren't married, but it seems like a weird thing to do. Is she attacking Payne, or Ayres?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I'm guessing she did it because she knows that Ayres and Payne aren't married, but it seems like a weird thing to do. Is she attacking Payne, or Ayres?
Who is that mutt and why should anyone care what she says? (Genuine question)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media Analyst (@MediaAnalystOz) Tweeted:
Let's get #NSWRippedUpThePlan trending because no journalists are going to write about the NSW Libs destroying the national plan

Morrison said fast states would have to wait for ALL states to reach the same vax target before changes like o'seas travel began. A huge lie
#auspol https://t.co/AQFsTXP0k1
‘well plenty got there way with Gladys demise , now the roosters have come to roost

* edit I know I got that saying wrong *

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Don't know. Only posted it for the interaction between Ayres and Morrison. Should she have been more accurate by saying "partner"? :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is that mutt and why should anyone care what she says? (Genuine question)
Stuart Ayres is the Liberal Minister who was in the press conference today announcing the removal of hotel quarantine. He's also the minister who handled the hotel quarantine trials.

His partner is Marise Payne (no relation to Max Payne) who is the minister of foreign affairs.

The article seems to be taking the piss out of Ayres due to him not knowing federal border law when his partner (not wife) is foreign affairs minster, but that's a bit stupid because she's not the immigration minister and how is he meant to know everything his wife knows.

That said, both him and Perrottet should know the basics of immigration law.

Status
Not open for further replies.