Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Great to see that second dose % climbing rapidly as predicted - it’s come up ~15% in the last two weeks. Hopefully it doesn’t taper off as we saw elsewhere (UK, US). Unpopular view with some but I think NSW are playing it right by setting barriers at 70 and 80% double dose and clearly calling that out.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see that second dose % climbing rapidly as predicted - it’s come up ~15% in the last two weeks. Hopefully it doesn’t taper off as we saw elsewhere (UK, US). Unpopular view with some but I think NSW are playing it right by setting barriers at 70 and 80% double dose and clearly calling that out.
can’t see it tapering as we have 85% first dosed so yo would expect them to get 2nd .

the first dose has been tapering , really hope it hits 90% soon, the more the better

also great that 44% of 12-15 years have had first dose

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
can’t see it tapering as we have 85% first dosed so yo would expect them to get 2nd .
Good call re: 1st/2nd dose - likely.
But even more reason to lift restrictions bit-by-bit otherwise human nature kicks in and it might become ‘meh’ to getting either dose if things are ‘normal’.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

the first dose has been tapering , really hope it hits 90% soon, the more the better

also great that 44% of 12-15 years have had first dose
It will hit 90% by October 11( birthday of el southo)it's up and down a bit yesterday went up .5 % as you mentioned 12 to 15 yesterday olds are smashing it , so here go, and see how it all pans out,
One thing I'll be staying well and truely away from is shopping centers ect the hoards will be there , online shopping is more convenient for me

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It will hit 90% by October 11( birthday of el southo)it's up and down a bit yesterday went up .5 % as you mentioned 12 to 15 yesterday olds are smashing it , so here go, and see how it all pans out,
One thing I'll be staying well and truely away from is shopping centers ect the hoards will be there , online shopping is more convenient for me
So 11 OCT is ‘El Southo Day’ not ‘Freedom Day’ - thanks for clarifying :-). And yes, the vaccine won’t help you with actually liking people :tearsofjoy:.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What it likely do is get people out to get vaccinated to get the figure "over the line". The threat of the ""vaccine passport" will add to that. In their current situation, this is of course a very good thing (notwithstanding my reservations re excluding non-vaccinated people from fairly day to day avctivities).

i think NSW and QLD are in completely different situations at present, and so therefore its not a one size fits all though. QLD would be mad to making a firm commitment at this stage to border reopening whilst we live a restriction free life and whilst NSW & Vic are where they are - but i'm sure they will once NSW/Vic both have their vaccination rates up and their case numbers much further down. This of course would also go for SA, NT ans Tas.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia plans to reopen international borders by Christmas, but detail is light on - ABC News https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...ders-qantas-cathaypacific-singapore/100485428
Definitely, apart from gloried Qantas press releases and some government announcements / threats to Labor premiers, what do we REALLY know about international travel at the moment? i know people are desperate to travel and see family overseas (as am I), but you would be mad to book anything at the moment without firm commitments made re your return. 7 days? 14 days? Hotel/quarantine facility or home? proof of negative tests?

Also, non Qantas airlines, despite what some people think , are being cautious about Australia.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Two different things. The first post is about natural immune response. He probably just screwed up the wording, and anti-vaxxers are trying to find anything they can to discredit him.

Surprisingly he actually responds to a lot of the trolls

View attachment 30798
He discredits himself by doubling down. It would of been better by explaining I used the wrong terminology, wouldn't it?

He's just giving ammo to the other side. I get what he means by "natural".

BUT

I love how he gives it to the "twatterverse".

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What it likely do is get people out to get vaccinated to get the figure "over the line". The threat of the ""vaccine passport" will add to that. In their current situation, this is of course a very good thing (notwithstanding my reservations re excluding non-vaccinated people from fairly day to day avctivities).

i think NSW and QLD are in completely different situations at present, and so therefore its not a one size fits all though. QLD would be mad to making a firm commitment at this stage to border reopening whilst we live a restriction free life and whilst NSW & Vic are where they are - but i'm sure they will once NSW/Vic both have their vaccination rates up and their case numbers much further down. This of course would also go for SA, NT ans Tas.
It's not one size fits all, I wasn't suggesting that.
We've seen throughout the last 18 months the different approaches different states have taken.
Qld won't remain locked up despite Wayne and Garth's comments about potentially being so until 90% vax and Anna's possible misleading of Parliament on the matter. They'll want the money when tourism re-opens for one and citizens will demand being able to travel when the feds re-open Commonwealth borders too. Qld don't need to fling the doors open nor do it tomorrow, but as vax % increases (everywhere) and case numbers start to fall (NSW look like they might be on that trajectory), it's inevitable - unless you're WA who might succeed :-).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Re Vaccine rollouts, i have been following the Guardian's page. Te second major graphic is interesting, its tracking the various states and their vaccination rate estimates over the past two weeks. Some states are moving in (iel; they must be getting their rates up more quickly than expected), some are going the opposite direction and some are hovering in the same spot

Some small good news for QLD is that it is trending in a bit, so the 80% date is now expected to come a bit earlier than we was thought 2 weeks ago. it's something i guess.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely, apart from gloried Qantas press releases and some government announcements / threats to Labor premiers, what do we REALLY know about international travel at the moment? i know people are desperate to travel and see family overseas (as am I), but you would be mad to book anything at the moment without firm commitments made re your return. 7 days? 14 days? Hotel/quarantine facility or home? proof of negative tests?

Also, non Qantas airlines, despite what some people think , are being cautious about Australia.
Good point

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
and Pfizer is seeking approval for 5 to 11 year olds, so another age group joining those who will be able to get vaccinated

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So 11 OCT is ‘El Southo Day’ not ‘Freedom Day’ - thanks for clarifying :-). And yes, the vaccine won’t help you with actually liking people :tearsofjoy:.
True but hopefully on the day rod shares his ivermectin and we can rack up between whiskey

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

And that other issue of what do they do about all the 40,000 Aussies already waiting, some 18 months, to get back home from OS?

I know people blame them. Fair enough but it's still a political and logistical problem to be dealt with by Govt and their families here are gonna go off if they are further delayed by people wanting their 4 week holiday and return prioritised over those who couldn't afford $40k flights home.

Still too up in the air to book just yet.

We have an Indian Pacific trip in December and pretty much now given up that WA will let that train trip resume till next year *crossing fingers tho*

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how long it would take to repatriate 40k travellers back here?

Maybe it wont be as much of a hassle as it first seems?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
and Pfizer is seeking approval for 5 to 11 year olds, so another age group joining those who will be able to get vaccinated
I don't see this as a bad thing either.
We already vaccinate babies and young children against a range of diseases and primary schools could easily become spreading venues.
If it's another category we can shut down from potential outbreaks (kids, teachers, staff etc) - surely that's a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.