• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Party @Scoooby

Will be interesting to see the prices over the next few weeks pre covid 5 carries done aus to nz regularly.
Latam and Emirates are kinda knocked out of that, just leaves air nz ,virgin, jetstar and Qantas. The demand will be through the roof
Qantas previously said they wouldn't be allowing people on their international flights unless they were vaccinated (and it was expected that other airlines would follow suit). Will this be the case here (in the nz bubble)?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Qantas previously said they wouldn't be allowing people on their international flights unless they were vaccinated (and it was expected that other airlines would follow suit). Will this be the case here (in the nz bubble)?
No idea ,everything I've predicted about covid travel has been pretty much wrong lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t have to wear a mask when sitting at a restaurant or bar but have to wear one when you walk in, order a drink or go to the toilet
Just had the same experience in the Palaszczuk Prison. Went to two outdoor restaurants. No admission without a mask, so you don it, then walk 3 metres to your table where you immediately take it off. I’ve towed the line with C-19 restrictions and have no problem with common sense measures but this is mind-numbingly pointless. Also for contact tracing shouldn’t it be based on in and out times of venues? In Qld you only check in. They have no idea when you leave.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just had the same experience in the Palaszczuk Prison. Went to two outdoor restaurants. No admission without a mask, so you don it, then walk 3 metres to your table where you immediately take it off. I’ve towed the line with C-19 restrictions and have no problem with common sense measures but this is mind-numbingly pointless. Also for contact tracing shouldn’t it be based on in and out times of venues? In Qld you only check in. They have no idea when you leave.
Haha. It’s all just so ridiculous and people are angry. To make a statewide restriction for such a massive state is absurd. She truly is a moron but we already knew that from hearing her speak

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a leave pass from the mrs for nz , will give it about 2 months to see how they go with the boarder control then hit it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. It’s all just so ridiculous and people are angry. To make a statewide restriction for such a massive state is absurd. She truly is a moron but we already knew that from hearing her speak
Anna and Mark in a dead heat for leadership dopiness. But typically the crowd is divided - some think they’re doing a great job. They both got re-elected easily, but mostly because they had no opposition in my view. Meanwhile look at all the empty shops with ‘for lease’ signs hanging in them. Yes, Covid killed international tourism and that hurts but the over the top border policy definitely hurt domestic tourism too. The group I was with was supposed to include people from SA who pulled the pin because they have a family wedding next week and didn’t come ‘just in case we can’t get home’. That’s 5 airfares, hotel nights, restaurant meals and other activities the Qld economy just missed out on. But that’s OK, Anna will just put it all on the credit card and it will sort itself out...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In NSW you're meant to check in and check out. But when you go in, you log on to the website and check in. Walk about for 30 minutes. Open the website while leaving and everything has timed out so you can't check out.

I could download the Covid safe app but screw that.

I like that NSW gives you an option to use the website instead of the app though. In Vic when I tried to check in at a few places, it told me I had to download the app. So I just pretended to check in and kept walking.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In NSW you're meant to check in and check out. But when you go in, you log on to the website and check in. Walk about for 30 minutes. Open the website while leaving and everything has timed out so you can't check out.

I could download the Covid safe app but screw that.

I like that NSW gives you an option to use the website instead of the app though. In Vic when I tried to check in at a few places, it told me I had to download the app. So I just pretended to check in and kept walking.
It’s not the Covid safe app, but the Service NSW app, which I have anyway for my digital licenses so no issue for me as I live in NSW. You check in and out on that app in NSW no matter how far apart time in / time out.

Yes, I was in Vic last week and Qld this week. In Vic (at least where I went) it offered browser or Service Vic app, so I took the browser. Qld is app only, so I used it but deleted it when I left. First world problems :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anna and Mark in a dead heat for leadership dopiness. But typically the crowd is divided - some think they’re doing a great job. They both got re-elected easily, but mostly because they had no opposition in my view. Meanwhile look at all the empty shops with ‘for lease’ signs hanging in them. Yes, Covid killed international tourism and that hurts but the over the top border policy definitely hurt domestic tourism too. The group I was with was supposed to include people from SA who pulled the pin because they have a family wedding next week and didn’t come ‘just in case we can’t get home’. That’s 5 airfares, hotel nights, restaurant meals and other activities the Qld economy just missed out on. But that’s OK, Anna will just put it all on the credit card and it will sort itself out...
Exactly right mate. NSW will pay haha. Queensland is like a big retirement home so I’m not surprised she got voted back in. Having no competition helps too

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What day we up to brother?
Last local transmission was a result of the Queensland tourists in Byron Bay.. which was April 1st ..so we have had no local transmissions for 9 days Southy.. great to see the Queenslander threat was squashed..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last local transmission was a result of the Queensland tourists in Byron Bay.. which was April 1st ..so we have had no local transmissions for 9 days Southy.. great to see the Queenslander threat was squashed..
Good to know thank you sir

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the effort to isolate the virus then to see the roll out fall flat on its face.
Was last years big lockdown even necessary?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will see how it goes, you just let me know when your arrive in NZ , or have decided your coming to our beautiful slice of paradise :tonguewink: Will see you Then brother.!!
About mid June doing Wellington,/ Christchurch do us a favour bro can you scaffold the north and south Island I want to walk it.
Cheers is mid June to cold for jandals?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the effort to isolate the virus then to see the roll out fall flat on its face.
Was last years big lockdown even necessary?
Yeah prevent a lot, while not perfect as a country we are going great guns.by doing that it doesn't really matter if there's a 6months setback with vaccine, we can't go anywhere anyway and 6months time more reaseach will be available on vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.