Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Vic Opposition leader good.
Now saying Vic didn't close border with NSW quick enough, after complaining non stop about lockdowns and border closures hurting Vic businesses.

No wonder people distrust pollies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So my missus is having another baby, YAY!

Should she get vacc'ed? looking for Kennel Doctors and general advice.
I'd suggest you talk to your doctor.

I looked into the research about 2 weeks back and at the time they said there was no issue, but best to get the most up to date from your doctor.

Our doctor advised us to get the vaccine before getting pregnant but that was mainly because you don't want to get a vaccine, have an immune reaction, then turn up to the doctors for a pregnancy checkup and have them refuse to take you due to a fever.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This year, yep. But as Southy said, that doesn't mean the vaccine is as deadly.
The same amount of people have died and we haven't even seen the long term effects of the vaccine yet.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The same amount of people have died and we haven't even seen the long term effects of the vaccine yet.
Haven't seen all the long term effects of covid yet, but so far its fucked a lot of people over for over a year so far research suggests the vaccine is a better option than getting covid

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. The same amount of people in Australia have died this year. Overall 915 Australians have died from Covid-19, and globally over 4 million people have died from Covid-19.

The AZ vaccine has a 2 in 100,000 chance of giving you TTS. 1 in 1 million chance of killing you. The current Delta strain Covid-19 has a 1 in 1,000 chance of killing you. The earlier strain had a 1 in 100 chance of killing you.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. The same amount of people in Australia have died this year. Overall 915 Australians have died from Covid-19, and globally over 4 million people have died from Covid-19.

The AZ vaccine has a 2 in 100,000 chance of giving you TTS. 1 in 1 million chance of killing you. The current Delta strain Covid-19 has a 1 in 1,000 chance of killing you. The earlier strain had a 1 in 100 chance of killing you.
There are reports that india have been under reporting and that that actual mortality figure is 4 million, 10 times the current amount

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

The 1 in whatever is bullshit. Not everyone gets covid so the 1 in whatever is irrelevant.

The number that have died from covid in Australia from the start to now is about the same number that died from influenza in 2019.

My thing is if you want to get the vaccine then get the vaccine. I have no issues with people getting it. If you don't want to get it then you shouldn't have to get it. Our bodies our choice. Everyone should be free to do whatever they want with their own body.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are reports that india have been under reporting and that that actual mortality figure is 4 million, 10 times the current amount
Yeah, it's hard to say. UK is reporting a 0.1% mortality rate which is in line with the flu, but the UK has over 50% of their population vaccinated and pretty much all at-risk vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.