Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely a one way street with Jacinda mate, all about her and I’m not allowed to say what she is in the covid thread round 2 haha.
It’s been difficult freighting to and from NZ for a while now but the past week I suspected something was on the cards with the airlines being very coy. We’ll be lucky to be vaccinated by spring at this rate :(
So Qantas launch international travel this year ,virgin scales back , if its going to be this much hassle for a nz travel bubble id hate to see what happens to other countries we propose a bubble with,I'm guessing shit won't happen what so ever unless a certain % of both the countries in the bubble have had vaccination then buisness, students, then holiday im starting to think march next year might even be wishful thinking lol
Fuck this jab and travel ,mask up wash hands job done

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Qantas launch international travel this year ,virgin scales back , if its going to be this much hassle for a nz travel bubble id hate to see what happens to other countries we propose a bubble with,I'm guessing shit won't happen what so ever unless a certain % of both the countries in the bubble have had vaccination then buisness, students, then holiday im starting to think march next year might even be wishful thinking lol
Fuck this jab and travel ,mask up wash hands job done
That’s it! I’m waiting for them to say they are delaying international travel so our local tourism can recover from the fucking knee jerk border closures

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s it! I’m waiting for them to say they are delaying international travel so our local tourism can recover from the fucking knee jerk border closures
I like how we have done things in this country and yet id prefer to be safe than sorry but I've stated a few times, shit needs to be tightned up on quarantine its the only thing holding us back ,the cost of 1 security gaurd sends Perth into a 5 day lockdown.
They have Rottnest islands we have islands qld has the Whitsunday that would be doing fuck all, have FIFO workers 2 week work 2 week quarantine if they want to return to mainland ect it has to be cheaper than this stop start.
Cool we don't eliminate the virus but have a game plan at least so there is free movement within Australia.
There has to be a better way to stop the interruptions

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Virgin Australia will axe all flights to New Zealand, Bali and Fiji until at least June due to ongoing uncertainty about when international travel can resume.
June fmd so much for this 2 way bubble to nz in April. And once June hits im guessing boarders will still be shut for another 3 months until a certain amount is vaccinated , I can understand bali and don't think any Australian will be holidaying there for at least another 18 months but nz? Come on chuck us a bone
All I fkn want to do is see my All Blacks demolish the wobblies in Eden Park.

Fkn virus. Kiss imic.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone can view this article..I had no trouble, and I’m not a subscriber.. It’s an article from the New York Times (written by any Aussie journalist) explaining why Australia has, at the moment, been pretty effective in battling the Coronavirus.. World Class tracing..and the great cooperation of the majority of the Australian people.. Who, IMHO, have been the real hero’s that have emerged out this pandemic..their willingness to adapt and sacrifice for the good of all..Still the best country to live in by a..well..a country mile!!!

[/URL]

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone can view this article..I had no trouble, and I’m not a subscriber.. It’s an article from the New York Times (written by any Aussie journalist) explaining why Australia has, at the moment, been pretty effective in battling the Coronavirus.. World Class tracing..and the great cooperation of the majority of the Australian people.. Who, IMHO, have been the real hero’s that have emerged out this pandemic..their willingness to adapt and sacrifice for the good of all..Still the best country to live in by a..well..a country mile!!!

[/URL]
I got a puffed chest reading that. Well done us.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and now Perth have all seen the coronavirus escape from quarantine – leading some experts to call for a national overhaul of the system.

Professor of International Health Michael Toole described the situation as "groundhog day" – adding it was clear lessons had not been learned from Victoria's second wave on a national scale.

In a piece for The Conversation he said Australia's number-one priority should be the quality of our border health security system.

"It’s time for a coordinated, standardised national hotel quarantine strategy. This should be based on the recommendations in the two reports previously cited as well as lessons learned — both positive and negative — from the current systems in states and territories," he said.

He suggested banning security guard second jobs, daily testing and stopping guests leaving their rooms for any reason.

Some leading experts calling for a overhaul? This is a bit of a joke our weakest link is hotel quarantine just do it double the workers pays tighten the movements anything you do will be cheaper shutting down a city for a week, use the military use some bases use the middle of Australia fuck me dead .this is going to be around for years, ,they really need to get this together.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and now Perth have all seen the coronavirus escape from quarantine – leading some experts to call for a national overhaul of the system.

Professor of International Health Michael Toole described the situation as "groundhog day" – adding it was clear lessons had not been learned from Victoria's second wave on a national scale.

In a piece for The Conversation he said Australia's number-one priority should be the quality of our border health security system.

"It’s time for a coordinated, standardised national hotel quarantine strategy. This should be based on the recommendations in the two reports previously cited as well as lessons learned — both positive and negative — from the current systems in states and territories," he said.

He suggested banning security guard second jobs, daily testing and stopping guests leaving their rooms for any reason.

Some leading experts calling for a overhaul? This is a bit of a joke our weakest link is hotel quarantine just do it double the workers pays tighten the movements anything you do will be cheaper shutting down a city for a week, use the military use some bases use the middle of Australia fuck me dead .this is going to be around for years, ,they really need to get this together.
It sounds like most states fixed it up after the last cabinet meeting but the arrogant goose in WA didn’t get the memo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just some UK news
Are they serious? Only now they are telling people to get tested EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE SYMPTOMS!

No wonder it's gone crazy over there. And then they had that bizarre idea of paying people 18? pounds to go eat out.

I didn't know this about UK variant. They previously said 70% more contagious NOT 70% more deadly. Surely the article is incorrect.

"The UK has also been battered by its own highly contagious variant, which is thought to be between 30 and 90 per cent more deadly than the old one".

Sad news that Sir Tom did die :(

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I personally think if the world dedicated one to two months to a hard core lockdown we could get pretty close to isolating and identifying nearly every case of covid. From there it'd be far easier to deal with it. But realistically there are too many places in the world where selfishness, the focus on the economy and outright stupid ideas that this is an attack on your rights will prevent this happening.

But I agree with the idea that quarantine workers should be treated like fly in fly out workers (requiring a 2 week quarantine before getting back into the general public) and that international travelers returning to Aus should be quarantined in isolated locations.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally think if the world dedicated one to two months to a hard core lockdown we could get pretty close to isolating and identifying nearly every case of covid. From there it'd be far easier to deal with it. But realistically there are too many places in the world where selfishness, the focus on the economy and outright stupid ideas that this is an attack on your rights will prevent this happening.

But I agree with the idea that quarantine workers should be treated like fly in fly out workers (requiring a 2 week quarantine before getting back into the general public) and that international travelers returning to Aus should be quarantined in isolated locations.
There seems to be a massive drop in world wide cases, countries that are performing poorly are at the tail end of their winter, lock down hard while the vaccine is rolling out do absolutely everything required mask up stay away ect ect go as hard as possible, this should be the year everyone tries to smash it to try to return to a semi normal in 2022 ,but yes you're right when you have millions of fuckwits crying about a mask is breech of their rights or whatever it makes it near impossible

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It sounds like changes will be made to restrictions next Friday if there are still no cases.

These restrictions include the two square metre rule coming back (good but let me stand up soon too please) & no mandatory masks for hospitality staff

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Read the article, excellent new study published about astra zeneca vaccine, sounds better than the Pfizer type

Status
Not open for further replies.